It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A song I made

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
... Well, technically a remix.

I used to make music many many moons ago, mostly Hardcore/freeform and a bit of Hard Trance, but things got in the way and I fell out of love with it all.

Anyway, messing around on the weekend I came up with this, a remix of ''as the rush comes'' by Motorcycle .... it's a slow beat song, pretty minimal, I just layed the piano out and went from there trying to find my feet again, wasn't actually intending on finishing it as a full song (you can probably tell) but it's a rough layout so I thought I'd share for the sake of it.

The half hearted mixdown was done on headphones so am sorry if it's shoddy! It's all I had available.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

What do you use? Fl studio for me. mostly produce trance, hard trance and hardstyle. cool tune!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

Cheers Titan

FL studio for this one, I really got into Ableton at one point, but FL is just great for knocking out a quick beat!

Same as I used to be, send me a track if you have any finished?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Will do fella. I'm on and off it, always on you tube checking out tutorials. I done a remake of a tune called Superstar f***er by Coone. Took me a while and was pretty pleased with it. I'm running a new OS so ill get a friend to send me the mp3 of it and forward it on.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Nice one, never heard that one before.

I started a Hard Trance remix couple of days ago, if I get that finished i'll send it your way

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Nice, I'm always trying to perfect my kicks. I like (especially for hard/trance/style) a nice thumping kick. I work my music around the kick, i think it's the only one i have maxed out compared to the rest of the channels, gradually getting used to the compressors and how they work, dealing with clipping etc.

Was just thinking about starting a new track earlier, it's quite annoying on a laptop so i was thinking of buying a proper keyboard and higher end PC as the more complex my tracks get the more RAM it gobbles up.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Oh God, I used to be kick obsessed too, could ruin a song for me if it never had enough thump in the low and mid range. I can't stand all the these modern tech trance and house kick drums, they piss me off, it's all low end thump and nothing else.

I used to just layer my kicks, EQ on both and compress, had a whole folder of ones i'd made that took me frigging ages to do. honestly I can't read music at all, barely knew the basics of a compressor, I just did everything by ear.

I made this track on a laptop, an old one I use under my tv to surf the net and as a media centre, CPU and ram are gobbled with just a couple of synth VST's, it's a pain, no wonder Romplers like Nexus are popular!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yeah I'm by no means an expert so could learn a thing or two from you. nexus is excellent and so is sylenth1, definitely recommend the latter if you don't have it.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Hah

Yeah I used Nexus and Sylenth1, Sylenth1 used to be great for Hoovers and bass, nice trance saws too. I am liking Harmor, but it ain't half a system hog!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Nice work valiant, good vocals too!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

oh my Christ

first 20 seconds already I am going to explode

that is beutiful !!!!!

ok can't breath will have to take it in bit by bit

ur music rocks me.. who the hell are you ??? lol ok

ok next 20sec fvckin freaky hot ok shut up now
edit on 30-7-2015 by refined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

you

blow my mind

min 3

wow wtf
I had to stop
lol in tears such a bizzare feeling ... my soul just exploded

oh my god wow

ok .., returning from that... to this world.. I don't want to be here
mesmorizing you just killed me lol

i mean every single comment to full extend and beyond truly I do

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Thanks guys, I did a better mixdown, and brought the mid and high range up a bit, still on headphones but as I say it's all I have to work with.

Posting the revision here and deleting the previous one in the first post.

join