It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Has the intelligence/ God/ life force ever spoke directly to you?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:26 PM
a reply to: LittleByLittle
You speaking/praying to God is normal; actually if God speaks to you IT becomes the crazy being trying to contact the human.

edit on 30-7-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:30 PM

edit on 30-7-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:37 PM

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: vethumanbeing

And what's interesting is that indigenous people's seem to "get" this concept much more easily than modern, western people.

There are tiny tidbits of these ideas sprinkled all around the world in mysticism, Taoism, Buddhism, and Hermeticism -- which has actually caught my eye as of late.

I think due to this nature, we actually do have some ability to push/pull/stretch our reality a bit. This is where "magic" comes from and synchronicity.

Built into our quantum reality.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:40 PM

Did you just do what I think you did?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:42 PM
a reply to: onequestion

That was not God, that was a person taking the psychological route that the speaker has yet to take. It is much easier to give advice than to take it, or to carry out your own advice that is given to another person. Like telling a born again father that you forgive them for raping you as a child. Much easier giving advice than doing it for yourself.

I am very sure you are a competent soul and person, so you should not heed to advice from any random person that may be in the same predicament. Take your own road and when the time is truly right, you will know it.

BTW. My exes family always said goodbye to another before leaving the house incase something would happen to them since a family member never did say goodbye and died tragically, so there was an open wound of loss between them. Now they never do that, as if it was a "forgotten habit." And I know it will start again once someone else dies after they never saud goodbye or I love you as their last words to the other person.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:45 PM
a reply to: iDope

Here in Alaska, the winter driving conditions can be deadly -- quite literally. We *always* say, "drive safe!" and make sure we say an honest goodbye when friends or family depart.

I personally prefer to use the saying, "go carefully".

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:03 PM

Yes. I was 17 years old. I was feeling like something was missing in my life, and I felt like I was going down the wrong path. I started thinking heavily about Heaven and Hell. I felt the strong conviction to start searching my soul, for something, I didn't know what, but the desire was there.

The only thing I had in my possesion to start understanding the mystery of the spiritual realm, was my paraphrased King James bible. It was paraphrased to show the words of Jesus in RED.

After a few days, I had read the books of Matthew, Mark and Luke. (the NEW testament). I had not read John yet. One night, I was reading John (the chapter of LOVE) and then I was led to read a verse where it is spoken that God says. " I will not leave nor forsake you".

This did something in my soul, it triggered a reaction and I started to break down. I REALLY wanted to know this Jesus fellow, so I simply asked him, not expecting anything,that he would get to know me.

As soon as I asked this, a very weird thing happened. Everything turned dark, and I saw this figure in front of me. It was miserable, it's face came right up to my own FACE. It scared the crap out of me. I had recently read most of the gospels, so I did the only thing I knew to do. I prayed to God and KNEW, not asked, KNEW that he would abolish whatever was sitting in front of me. At this point the thing staring me in the face dissapeared.

I then, had a vision of sorts, and this is the only time in my life so far, that I have ever experienced such a thing. It felt like 10,000 years of human knowledge, wisdom, etc starting to flow through me. Everything all at once started feeling unbelievably simple! I had a revelation that human beings are so distracted by things, that the simple things become complicated, and the complicated things do nothing but muddy the waters! I knew that God wanted us to be child-like, because children do not complicate things, they are pure, and as a result things are simple to them. Kids can operate in common sense like no other entity on Earth..

After this flood of knowledge, I found myself before the throne of the king himself. Next to him, was his son, and held a septre in his right hand. I was so humbled that I just laid down crying, understanding the fact that I was not worthy to be there. Surrounding the king, were hudreds of angels, they were like warriors, standing uniform all the way to the entrance far away where I was kneeling. I never did anything to deserve to be there. But there was a feeling of grace, I got to meet the king simply because I existed, and that I asked to know him, nothing else.

As I laid groveling on the ground, the king, GOD said, with the most love I could never even describe on Earth simply said with a thunderous voice, intimidating, yet undescribable voice of love and safety "hi there, I am God, it's nice to meet you!". (Mind you, I could not SEE his/it's face) It was like the most amazing ball of energy anyone could imagine. It had authority, AND love!

I instantly went into tears, as I knew I wasn't worthy of the HONOR of even being in his/it's presense! It was overwhelming, yet I know the "vision" was cut short because I knew I wouldn't be alive on this Earth had I stayed longer.

It's been many years now, and I have learned that the face that appeared in front of me that night, after asking Jesus that he be apart of my life, was my SELF, my human, my flesh, and my sinful SELF. I was battling my flesh, which didn't want me to know God, because my flesh is not of God, but of the WORLD, and God does not have dominion of this WORLD.

Anyway, a lot more can be said/argued/debated, but I KNOW what happened that night. I don't care what others think. That is my testimony and THAT is my response to the OP. Yes, God DID speak to me directly.

edit on 30-7-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:07 PM

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

No what I am saying is if evil existed to gather information then why would the same evil repeat? It already has the information. Stoning, beheading ? Is it evil? I say so. Talk to others they say otherwise. But if the average person would see it as evil why would that evil repeat as well? While your attempt to make a joke about the example of child rape was droll at best, it is one of many examples ( you just named a couple) that make the whole theory that evil is simply to gather information fall flat. There would be no need to for the same evil to continually repeat once the information has been gathered. I mean how many times could evil behead someone , stone someone, rape a child and still not gather all the info. Sorry, that theory just doesn't hold up.

In order for joy to be known, pain has to exist. For light, dark. There can't be up without being down. For everything in the universe there is an opposite. Since everything has to be experienced, that means infinite forms of joy -- and conversely infinite forms of pain/evil.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:10 PM

God speaks to me, all the time. Everyday. I've trained my ears to hear, and it takes time.

See, here's the thing, people say they've "read" the BIBLE, but it's not something that can be "read". It has to be "studied". You have to find God's WORD. What does that mean? Find out what God said, regarding a matter. If you're broke, you have to find Scriptures pertaining to God's PROVISION. You can't be speaking doubt and negativity, or have a "woe is me" attitude. You have to find God's PROMISE, and work that promise!

See, God watches over His WORD to perform it.

If i give you my WORD, and say i'm going to be at a certain place, at a certain time; you're going to meet me there. Now, what would you think if i showed up 10 minutes late? How would you feel if i didn't show up, at all, even when i gave you my WORD?

Well, when you KNOW God's word, and are FULLY CONVINCED (FAITH) that He's going to do, what He says He's going to do, THEN you can challenge God on HIS WORD.

Here's the trick, God is not going to REVEAL HIS WORD, until you PROVE YOURSELF, first! He gives you more, as you seek Him more. As you seek Him, He begins to speak to you. Sometimes, He speaks through others. Sometimes, He speaks to your HEART. Sometimes, He speaks through His word. That depends on YOUR RELATIONSHIP with Him.

Make no mistake about it, doubt if you will, but God is REAL. I truly believe the "myths". I'm even beginning to believe it may be our real history book. And, this i do know, the "history" they teach in school, is a bunch of BUNK. 1 part truth, 9 part lies!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:27 AM
One day, upon awakening, a soundless thougts/words were formed,
the translation from nothing to words was following:

"Where can evil/devil be but in your own thoughts"
or something like "as part of your own thoughts"

God is not hiding himself, he doesnt need to:

a reply to: JuJuBee

if someone doesnt hear GOD then only because he have made a replacement for God.
But the replacement is usualy Loud, and God speaks silently at first, so just be more quiet.
(that means quiet your thougts aswell)

Why would God ask for a Proof of Worth ? He loves his son, and is always giving.
There is no need to prove anything to God.
God doesnt want a proof, he knows his son as wholly holy.

Only the Ego of the Son of God may demand a proof of anything. But gladly God doesnt know about the Ego (and so it doesnt exists (in Reality))

In order for joy to be known, pain has to exist. For light, dark. There can't be up without being down. For everything in the universe there is an opposite. Since everything has to be experienced, that means infinite forms of joy -- and conversely infinite forms of pain/evil.

This is logic(because of duality and because the opposites are possibile in duality), but you all must recognize that this is possibile only after the Separation from God. Because the God is one there is no opposite to him. The Separation (or the wish to be separate )from Him made duality ...

edit on 31/7/2015 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:48 AM

originally posted by: bananashooter
Someone once told me that if you speak to god you're normal, but if god speaks to you you're crazy. I think they were just jealous.

Thats a very common saying and no, we (atheists) are not jealous.

that would be like being jealous that someones imaginary friend talks to them. No offense meant.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:54 AM

originally posted by: JuJuBee
I'm even beginning to believe it may be our real history book. And, this i do know, the "history" they teach in school, is a bunch of BUNK. 1 part truth, 9 part lies!

Which parts are bunk?

Egyptian history?
Napoleons defeat?
WW1 and 2?
Discovery of penecillin?
French revolution?
English kings and queens?

Whats bunk? Or are you just parotting the ignorant line that "what you lear at school is wrong!"?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:01 AM

New forms? Repeating the same evil over and over is not a new form. Co council??? See my name on the boards

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:03 AM
a reply to: Tucket

Ask and you shall receive.

Great story...... continue to share with others. Show others how you were able to get God's attention through prayer and PROPER meditation for it will strengthen their faith.

God spoke to me directly in a dream before..Does that count?

God comes to you in dreams and visions. If you read the bible you will often see the prophets often speak of visions and dreams.

Now your next step......getting the Holy Spirit to walk with you and communicate with you on a daily basis. A task that most people never reach and spend their whole lives seeking him out. I am sure he is around you but has not shown himself to you......yet.

Always give thanks to God.

God bless you and your family.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:05 AM

originally posted by: Skada
I find that the universe speaks through me, you and everyone at the right time, with the right words, to the right person. I have done it on a few occasions, I have had it happen to me on a few occasions. When you notice it, it happens more. Just my experience.

A universe can not speak.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:07 AM

originally posted by: arpgme
Intelligence/God/Life is always speaking, especially in synchronicities and dreams. The real question is whether or not people realize.

Amen brother!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:11 AM

originally posted by: guitarplayer
Years ago I was visiting a fellowship and my marriage was rather rocky. I went up after the service for prayer the pastor did not know me from Adam. when the pastor got infront of me before I could get a word out he said "your wife is not the cause of your sin but reveals that which is already there". I almost fell out from what he said.

The power of the Holy Spirit at work.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:25 AM
a reply to: Wookiep

Star for you!

What a great testimony.

Share this with everyone you meet with the hope they too will experience what you did.

I have not had the honor to stand before the throne and wish I too could experience this blessing.

Just think......if everyone stood before the throne alive........ and experience what you did.....just think how the world would change.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:38 AM
Every question I've ever asked... Every situation I requested input on... GOD responded in kind and usually within a very short time. That's not saying that I always get what I want but If my prayers are answered, they always seem to come with a lesson, good or 'bad'. If my prayers are not answered, they also come with a lesson of realization.

Granted, I've never heard words in my head or a voice in my ears. It's different but very well understood. It's like asking a question and not only realizing the answer but getting the wisdom and knowledge that comes with it. I don't think I could explain it in words.

Sometimes they come in dreams. Sometimes they just pop in my thoughts. Sometimes I see it in action. But every single time, it's never just a yes or no or this or that. It ALWAYS comes with understanding and realization as well as a lesson. That's how I know it comes from GOD.

Sometimes I don't listen because it's not what I want to hear. Sometimes I just don't pay attention. But he speaks to me in ways all the time because I ask for many things, be it patience, peace, getting out of a bind, asking for help for my family or friend, etc.

So when people say "Do you hear GOD, or does GOD speak to you"? You would have to define "Speak" and "Hear", because it's not quite that simple of a definition. It's not like me and joe blow talking in the hall. It's deeper and more defined, unlike a thought or spoken words. It has more substance.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:54 AM

What do you think, has this ever happened to you?

Sure has. The important thing is how comfortable do you feel about doing this. It may be hard at first, your approach may be resisted...but patience. If after a few tries nothing happens, maybe the time is not right yet. You cant force the issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>