It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive!! Samuel DuBose Shooting! Second Police officer's body cam angle.Caught Lying SMOKING GUN

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
Am I missing something here? Where and how does this video show anything? You can't see above the dash WTF?

Which one?? I mean, which video are you referring to? You can hit the reply bubble in the post and it will direct your question to the person's post you are WTFing over...

edit on 31-7-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
What do you mean which video? The one in the OP, the one this entire thread is based on.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Police are "already on edge" you say?? Well, then, they shouldn't be cops if they are "on edge" I say!

They CERTAINLY shouldn't be allowed to carry a side arm if they are "on edge." Like, ever. Never, ever...Regular folks "on edge" would have their home defense weapons confiscated, locked up and the key tossed.

The "on edge" police is what the problem is and they certainly are not the solution.

Try again, I guess.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Thanks for doing that research and posting that video of Tensing. What a numbnut he is. There are lots of officers like that. There are lots of officers NOT like that. Police in the States do not like interacting with intelligent commonsense individuals....especially when they are in the wrong. Those two young men intellectually slapped him down-big time! Notice how he was asking the passenger to step out after not giving him his ID and kept harassing the passenger? Tensing did not like that passenger....especially when the passenger laughed at the end.

Tensing even lied about opening the passenger door...

The initial reason for the stop was understandable, but the harassment of the passenger and the driver BEFORE the supervisor showed up was ridiculous. We don't have idiot cops like that here where I live. That was messed up! The way they handled his ass was GOLD, tho! You see? There are human beings interacting here...cops in the States need to understand they are not different, or above anyone, and most people really do see a human standing in front of them with a badge...and this is why some people exercise their mind power and do cop an attitude when an officer lacks the intellect to back up their harassing behaviour when interacting with someone who is intellectually smarter.

His ears were burning and Ray Tensing (around the 18:00 mark) gave that passenger "the look".

Shame on Ray Tensing and anybody who justifies this kind of unlawful behaviour of a police officer in this video, especially right here on a site dedicated to denying ignorance.

There are a few officers on this site. Come discuss this video, especially the first few minutes, because this happens A LOT in America and not anywhere else, yet you guys want to justify this s# with silly emotional driven talking points! let's go, chop chop!

edit on 31-7-2015 by Involutionist because: grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

What you numbnuts don't seem to get is that police are already on edge. They have no idea who you are when they pull you over. They don't know if you are Sunday school teacher or if you got a body in the trunk. All they want is to do their job and get home to their families that night. When you start copping an attitude, you are escalating a situation with a person who is already on edge.

Numbnuts? Really?? No need for name calling...No one is calling you names.

But, I actually quoted your post for the next bit you wrote:

THere was a cop killed a few weeks ago. Pulled a car over and got blasted before he even got to the window of the car.

There was a Cincinnati Police Department Officer killed earlier this summer in Madisonville. Officer Sonny Kim. He was shot by a suicidal man as soon as he responded to the scene. That man ensured that his "death by cop" suicide went as planned when he shot and killed Officer Kim.

Officer Sonny Kim Article

Mr. Dubose HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT INCIDENT. Therefore, I must ask, what is your point? Are you referring to Officer Kim from Cincinnati, or someone else?

By the way, the community and those who heard about his death have contributed over $205,000 via Go Fund Me. The money is for his wife, and children.

But, in regards to your post, I don't understand what Mr. Dubose's murder and your comment have to do with each other, at all.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

No problem!

The more you know...

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

The one common factor in all the incidents? People not STFU and resisting arrest. You have to have a low digit IQ if you think mouthing off, talking back, and being aggressive with a cop is going to end well for you.

He didn't mouth off,
He didn't talk back,
He wasn't aggressive.

He was stopped by a police officer who profiled him. He defended himself against that UNREASONABLE stop, then he attempted to leave the scene.

The WORST the victim did in this was choose to leave the scene.

There is NO EXCUSE for the officer to even draw his weapon.

What you numbnuts don't seem to get is that police are already on edge.

What you cop apologists don't seem to get is that THIS IS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PUBLIC.
If the cop is "on edge" then they should not be in this job, they are incapable, ineffectual, dangerous.
If you're "on edge" with a routine traffic stop - one that you instigated for no reason - then you need to be removed from duty immediately and replaced by an officer actually capable of doing their job while conforming to basic operational procedures.

No one is arguing that police are always right. But I am getting sick of all this Monday morning quarterbacking. It only takes a split second for what could have been a simple traffic stop to a cop being killed by not paying attention. Go look up the videos with cops getting blasted after pulling someone over.

So your solution is to do nothing?
You want to just let this go, blame the victim, excuse the actions of the officers and never attempt to change the situation or improve policing at all, ever?
Because you're "sick of it"?

You know, it's so f-ing depressing to see people defending these ignorant, arrogant, incapable, lying sacks of excrement in uniform. It's so damn depressing to think that there are Americans who think this is in ANY way acceptable for a so-called world leading nation.

The cop executed that man, and there are people out there defending him with "he had a bad day".

It's actually sickening that anyone could even try to defend that man.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I am trying to stay away from this debate for now, since I think both sides are guilty of what happened, but one thing that I found, going over different forums, is this pretty interesting analysis. It might help put some stuff into a different perspective.

"I spent some time tonight examining the video. Here's what I found:
1: Officer Tensing's position when he gets back to his feet after "falling" is something near 30ft down the road from where he was when standing at the door of the stopped vehicle."

"2: The vehicle appears to have started to move before Ofc. Tensing fired."

To be clear IMO this in no way justifies shooting the guy in the head but the question is (in my mind) if that gun did not go off by accident.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Thill
That's what I suspected, from the audio I heard you can clearly make out the engine accelerating a couple seconds before the shot. Good job laying this out.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Are you gonna link this video you keep referencing? Because the only video I've seen you don't hear a noticeable change in the vehicle engine until after the victim has a bullet in his head.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: rexsblues

Are you gonna link this video you keep referencing? Because the only video I've seen you don't hear a noticeable change in the vehicle engine until after the victim has a bullet in his head.

It's depressing isn't it?
People have been saying all along that video evidence from police body cameras is the way to go, and even when we have it, even when it clearly shows an unjustified murder, even when it clearly shows that he lied and his colleague lied to excuse his crime, even when it clearly shows that the victim was in no way a threat to that officer, people will STILL try to "excuse" the officer for murdering that victim.

It really baffles me. How far does this need to go before people stop blaming the victim and stop trying to excuse the killer? Does a killer cop have to stand on a damn podium and scream "I murdered that n*****!!!!!" before they'll finally admit that it was wrong and stop trying to make excuses?

I have a feeling that even then, even if he did that, they would still claim that the victim was somehow to blame.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Isn't the first rule of carrying a gun is never brandish it unless you intend to use it?

He pulled it out of the holster which would indicate intent. He is a campus officer, shouldn't his primary sidearm be a taser anyway? *visions of "Don't Taze Me Bro" come to mind*.

As I've stated before, this officer had more than enough probable cause to escalate this beyond a traffic citation because of the Gin, no ID, etc. Just not sure how you jump right to blowing a mans face off.

@Shamrock - what is standard protocol in a situation like this? Back up, let the car go, call back up and peruse in vehicle? Sorry if this was covered already.
edit on 31-7-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: Edumakated

A license plate isn't worth dying for any day.

Your exactly right, and that cop had no right shooting Dubose
basically in the back as he was trying to flee. You can't shoot
a fleeing suspect in the back.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

The gin bottle looks to me that it's still sealed and full so that doesn't really weigh too heavily for me.

As for what the procedure is, that's somewhat agency dependent. Where I'm at it should be something along the lines of "okay, great. Name? Date of birth? Know your social?" And then run the information. That much is pretty standard. The difference is some areas will tell officers to have the person get out of the vehicle. Others will say leave them in. Others don't specify and leave it to the officer to determine which avenue is best. Where I'm at, we don't pull them out of the car unless there's something else going on and we feel there's a reason to get them out.

I don't see anything in this guy's behavior that would lead me to feel I needed to pull him out of the car.

As for him driving off: I think he decided to try and drive off because the cop started trying to open his door. Had the cop not done that, there's no way to say the victim would or wouldn't have driven off. But taking all that out of the equation: unless there's a kidnapped child in the backseat of a vehicle, I'm not sticking my arm or torso in anybody's window to try and stop them from driving off. I would chase and call for help. Given that it looks like he was in a neighborhood, it's entirely possible we would get directed to drop the chase and wait for him to get home, then arrest him.

ETA - to put a point on it: I can absolutely see more than one situation where I would reach in through a window to try and stop somebody from driving off. Without a doubt. And I wouldn't hesitate to do so, were I to find myself in one of those situations.

A front license plate not being displayed with no other exigent circumstances is not one of them.
edit on 31-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

You make it sound like he was some model citizen...

He was almost certainly profiled, I agree. Right or wrong I think that's obvious.

You are also correct he wasn't hostile or confrontational.

However, once he handed the cop that bottle he was likely in a world of #. Probably had other illegal substances in the car.

None of that excuses the cop but it does add perspective. I think that's the difference between a hate crime versus poor police training. Wouldn't you agree?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thank you.

However, putting myself in his place, if I was there and pulled a bottle from the drivers side front seat floor and handed it to the officer I know it wouldn't just end there. I see a sobriety test in the near future which means getting out of the car.

Listen, I'm the last one to cheerlead for government or police, per my posting record. What I don't want to see is an agenda driven race war. All these stories involve white cops v. Black citizens every time as if that's the real issue. There is an issue with police brutality and I agree because of profiling, a certain demographic is targeted more frequently. Race is a factor but I think the issue is more about poor training, lack of oversight and over-empowerment. IMHO.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

A full, sealed bottle of booze isn't probable cause to start a DUI stop though. So unless you smelled alcohol, observed slurred speech, etc there's no PC for it. Now if the seal is cracked, boom. There's your open container and you're absolutely right. I don't think it's cracked open but it's a brief view and hard to say definitively.

We agree on the training aspect, though. I think the cop handled this stop pretty poorly almost, but not quite, from the get-go. He may be covered by local law and policy for how he handled it, but he wouldn't be where I'm at.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I had told myself I was done with this thread, but some of the comments here scare the poop out of me, and shines a bright light on how bad things really are in America.

There was a time that a police officer put the welfare of the person and the community first. Police officers no longer see us as "people". Everyone is suspect. They live in a bubble of fear of us, even when they are not threatened.

I agree with @lovebeck. Cops that are on edge or fearful, should not be cops, but what should be or shouldn't be, doesn't change what is. For anyone that can justify or dismiss a wrong when the person commiting the wrong is a cop, makes me think they have a type of Stockholm Syndrome. I hope it works for them when it becomes their turn to deal with a cop that wants to play Russian Roulette.

You don't have to be a driver anymore to fall victim to an out of control cop. If they don't like the way you walk, if they see you running, if you don't cross at the right angle or with the right amount of speed, anything can make you suspect in their eyes. Our communities have become their hunting grounds. If targeted, you become suspect. Once suspect, you become fair game.

This won't change because I see too many people willing to turn a deaf ear and a blind eye to what is legal and right. A missing front tag from a vehicle is not an excuse for this to have escalated to the death of an unarmed, nonthreatening citizen. Period.

I know, he was not a citizen. He was a useless eater that was suspect, so he was fair game.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
I have insomnia, have had it for years...So tonight, since I cannot sleep I decided to find out all I could about Ray Tensing. This could almost be in a thread by itself, however, since my last thread was closed, I will add it here. It does sort of fit. It has little to do with the murder of Sam Dubose, but EVERYTHING to do with Ray Tensing...

There's not much out there on Tensing that I can find, he's been reprimanded a few times for not following orders from supervisors (that, to me is a big red flag, possible narcissist personality type??). He left the Greenhills PD (not sure if he was ever a full time LEO there, but a reserve officer) for the UC campus cop job last year.

However, I then stumbled upon yet ANOTHER gem tonight...I found this video that was recorded by the two young men, last year. They've been stopped for a problem with their bumper (either it is dragging or just low to the ground).

First, the map of the area so you all who aren't from CIncy can kind of get an idea of where this stop occurred relative to UC's campus:

The red pin is where these two young men were detained by Tensing. They were in the parking lot of a United Dairy Farmer's store on Clifton Ave. UDF is a convenience/ice cream mini-mart type of store. I know this store well as I have walked to it many, many times from the hospital (Good Samaritan) that is a few blocks south. Again, these men were stopped for an issue with the car's bumper way off UC's campus.

The purple pin on the bottom? That is where Mr. Dubose was killed, way, way, off UC's campus (over a mile south of any UC facilities) after being stopped for not having a front plate.

Now this gem:

Look closely at Tensing's body language; the way he's twisting that flashlight in his hands and staring into the camera. There is some major creeper factor in that stare.

Thankfully these two young men KNEW their rights and were not afraid to inform Tensing of that. They were also smart enough to get it on tape. They did what I would do which is call for Cincinnati PD to come to the scene, however, I am not sure if they ever showed up or not as Tensing's supervisor handles things towards the end of the video and sends the young men on their way.

HE IS **AGAIN** CAUGHT LYING THROUGH HIS TEETH IN THIS VIDEO! Right to his supervisor (which the young men requested come to the scene). They inform the supervisor why they called for him and how Tensing had been acting. The tone of his voice is ver condescending. The look in his eye after they point out that Tensing is lying and they have it on tape is just pure evil, IMHO.

Anyone else see a pattern here??? He had a hard on for anyone and everyone who had any sort of car issue including a missing plate, an issue with the a bumper and even a missing side mirror (there is another video on Youtube of him handcuffing a man in his car) That car was stopped for missing a side mirror, JUST LAST MONTH!

Does Joe Deter's comment during the press conference on Wednesday, that Tensing "should never have been a cop," make more sense now? It does to me. But, I also feel there is more out there on him that hasn't come to the surface, yet.

It appears Tensing enjoyed making these menial BS traffic stops, just because he could, then he'd try and pump the info out of people, info that they didn't have to give, as well as trample their rights. He just seems to be a total asshat to people in general. The two young men in this video are awesome. Kudos to them for standing up for their rights and not letting this "cop" violate/obstruct them.

Did I mention that there are a TON of assaults, muggings, burglaries, car break ins, theft, etc. On UC's campus on a regular basis and the areas IMMEDIATELY around the campus?? No, I guess I didn't. Why isn't he out there fighting actual CRIME?? Clifton, Corryville, Mt. Auburn and (especially) Avondale are ROUGH neighborhoods.

Here is a link to the stop from last month, the one where he handcuffs the dude inside the car...The ones who were stopped for the missing mirror:

Not 100% on where this stop was made, but it may be further north on Vine Street going towards the VA Hospital and Cincinnati Zoo, but I am not 100% on that. But doesn't look to be on UC's campus proper...

Whew! Sorry if I kind of hijacked your thread, Starfoxx but I know you'd like to see this as well. I'll hand it back over to you now, lol.

WOW, that was GREAT!! Those video's of deputy doofus really show us a behind the scenes
aspect of how this guy acts.. I think he was looking for ANY reason to shoot someone.

First chance he thought he could shoot someone he did..

The guy is a power tripping nut job and I hope gen pop in prison help take care
of him and his dirty diapers. Maybe they can wipe his ass with sandpaper

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thill
I am trying to stay away from this debate for now, since I think both sides are guilty of what happened, but one thing that I found, going over different forums, is this pretty interesting analysis. It might help put some stuff into a different perspective.

"I spent some time tonight examining the video. Here's what I found:
1: Officer Tensing's position when he gets back to his feet after "falling" is something near 30ft down the road from where he was when standing at the door of the stopped vehicle."

"2: The vehicle appears to have started to move before Ofc. Tensing fired."

To be clear IMO this in no way justifies shooting the guy in the head but the question is (in my mind) if that gun did not go off by accident.

When we watch the original video,
it is obvious the car does not move at all until the cop shoots
Dubose!!! Its right here the second video that this thread is based on shows the cop was not dragged
at all and the car moved because the dead guy behind the wheel couldn't hit the break..
Get out of here with your speculation stick figure still shots of nothing ..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join