It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive!! Samuel DuBose Shooting! Second Police officer's body cam angle.Caught Lying SMOKING GUN

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You have several legal definitions of Murder.

Murder is premeditation

Voluntary Manslaughter is murder, but not premeditated... Murder 1 is above, murder 2 is Voluntary Manslaughter. Neither charges will stick as they do not legally fit the crime.

Involuntary Manslaughter would be the lesser charge.

Even the dumb DA in the Freddi Gray situation knew to go Invountary

On this I could be wrong, so I will research it further, but I am fairly certain "Voluntary Manslaughter" is the same as "Murder 2" which this officer will not be convicted of in a jury trial.
edit on 3-8-2015 by raymundoko because: I can't get my brackets right for the life of me...dumb phones

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Or maybe the fact that they testified truthfully in sworn statements, written and orally, and testified truthfully was taken into account? Even the victim's family attorney says that he believes the grand jury was thorough and that he and the family respect the decision they reached. Or is he in on the grandstanding too but somehow is cool with two other cops not getting in trouble?

The DA says that during official interviews and grand jury testimony both officers gave statements that match the body cam. Aside from initial comments that were captured by the body cam and initial reports filled out by the officers involved, it appears that they were truthful.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk
a reply to: starfoxxx

What gets me these days is when a police officer passes me I no longer feel safe, I feel nervous. I'll be in my car checking the speedometer, checking my positioning and thinking "I'm taxed and insured right?".

The really messed up thing is the police can lie to you, that is legal, but it is illegal to lie to them.
Ive seen many a video where a person drives off on the police, the cop already had atleast 2 back up vehicles and cops
the guy was not going to get far either way.. This cop is being charged for a reason.. Whens the last time a cop got charged? They never do! If this was such a 'clean shoot' as some of these posters are claiming NO WAY would they charge this cop and open the department to lawsuits.
edit on 3-8-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Think about what you just said for a minute.

The police reports say one thing. Specifically that Tensing was dragged...

Now you are suggesting that they gave DIFFERENT stories to a grand jury...

Ipso Facto you are suggesting they lied in their police reports and that the DA now has solid proof of such from their Grand Jury testimony...

Do you see the horrible logic to your reasoning?

If they lied in their police reports there would be additional charges for them, for Kidd at the very least since he said in his report he witnessed Tensing being dragged while he was inside the window .
edit on 3-8-2015 by raymundoko because: window

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

I have posted several articles that outline police going to jail for illegal goings on during traffic stops...are you even reading your own thread?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

codes.ohio.gov...

There's your definitions. I'm not sure where you're getting that there's no lesser included offenses in this instance. I haven't seen anything that says Ohio bars lesser offense consideration.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

No, I don't see what horrible logic I'm using. What I do see is your ignorance of how a shooting investigation works, and the difference between sworn testimony and not sworn testimony. If it's not a certified statement then it really doesn't amount to much in court.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I don't think you understand what a police report is...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
I don't think you understand what a police report is...

Now that is some funny stuff right there.

Seriously almost spit out my drink!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You're right, I probably don't.

I don't think you understand a lot of things.

Oh well

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You know it's illegal for an officer to lie in a police report correct? It's a felony.

Shamrock is suggesting these officers lied, then admitted to it, and no charges were filed.

a reply to: Sremmos80

edit on 3-8-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You're the one who's shown complete ignorance of the law, been wrong several times and changed your version of what happened several times.

But hey, I'm the one who doesn't understand...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

You're the expert after all

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Well at what point does it become illegal?
Is it when they first write it down or when they have to go to court and submit it as evidence?

You also don't know what kind of deal was made, DA could have said for your honest testimony here we will forget about what was said in the report.

Lots of scenarios of what could have happened.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If that were the case the reports would have been amended or a supplemental report would have been filed.

As far as when it is illegal? The minute they submit the report...

Every peace officer who files any report with the agency which employs him or her regarding the commission of any crime or any investigation of any crime, if he or she knowingly and intentionally makes any statement regarding any material matter in the report which the officer knows to be false, whether or not the statement is certified or otherwise expressly reported as true, is guilty of filing a false report punishable by imprisonment in the county jail for up to one year, or in the state prison for one, two, or three years.

edit on 3-8-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

That being from CA right?
www.leginfo.ca.gov...
^ see that is called a source. We used them when we want to show where we get the info from.
The more you know!

Is that a federal law or state?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I suppose you never heard of immunity in return for truthful testimony. Wouldn't be the first time that a bribe was used to get people to tell the truth.
Most likely the DA gave them the picture of their futures if they maintained the lies vs. their futures if they told the truth and ratted out their "brother"!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I was on a phone, I thought I sourced it. It's the first link from google but it's also the law in GA.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
That's not how it works. How ignorant can you be? Even if they were given immunity the existing report would be amended or a supplemental report would be created.

a reply to: diggindirt

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Which you are basing off so far CA and GA law...

Do you know the law on police reports in Ohio?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join