It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive!! Samuel DuBose Shooting! Second Police officer's body cam angle.Caught Lying SMOKING GUN

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

Agreed. But let's just give it a bit more time.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
1) I counted
2) science...2.6ft is the average step of an adult male, google it.
3) you're reaching

a reply to: Shamrock6

edit on 31-7-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If you think the officer reached in for no reason you are either blind or oblivious.

a reply to: Sremmos80

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I can promise you I am not blind, do I guess I am oblivious....

That's fine, we will see what the courts say.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Is it legal to disobey lawful orders at a traffic stop?

Is it legal to prevent the officer from opening your door?

Do you think dubos was starting his car to turn the AC on?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

1) counted where to where? Seem to have left that out. You sure as hell didn't count from the front of the car passenger compartment to the pothole

2) I did. The average stride of an adult male is 2.5, not 2.6 feet. Science is a wonderful thing.

3) so are you. Kind of the point I made.

edit on 31-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
1) front of car to back of car...

2) Really? .1 ft? How sad of you, even then your Google is apparently different from mine...

The American College of Sports Medicine reports that there are approximately 2,000 steps in one mile, so the average step length is 2.6 feet or about 31 inches. This means that for the average person, the approximate distance from the initial point of contact of your left heel and the initial point of contact of your right heel is about 32 inches. The average stride length, or two steps, is about 62 inches, or a little more than 5 feet.

So let's say tomato tomato.

3) your point is what was reaching. You still are, I mean seriously, .1 ft...

Don't do this to yourself.

a reply to: Shamrock6

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What, did you check his post history and realize he probably does have a video?

I'm in the pics or it didn't happen camp though :-)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Nope just don't see the sense continuing to ask for the video. Already said I don't think he has it.

I think there is a grey area in the legality of stopping an officer from opening you car door. Not one best argued at that point tho.
And which lawful order are you talking about? The only one he gave before it all went down was asking for the lisence which the man said he didn't think he had but would ID himself.

I am not saying his actions were above reproach, just that neither were the officers.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Remove your seatbelt is a lawful order.

Edit: you seem confused about the ID issue. If you can't produce an ID while operating a vehicle the officer is within the law to formally arrest you in order to determine your identity. He can't just take your word that you are giving your actual name.

edit on 31-7-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Meh I'm going to edit my post..You're not worth it.
edit on 31-7-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I don't think I am. Care to show me?

I'll admit I am splitting hairs a little bit, but a more direct order would be get out of the car, which the person would have to take the seat belt off.

It isn't illegal to have your seat belt on while stopped, so not really a lawful order to say take it off.

edit on stFri, 31 Jul 2015 23:24:17 -0500America/Chicago720151780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
It's somewhat funny to read the replies from some of you... You wanted so badly for me to not supply the stabilized video so you can attack my character. After all, it's all you got.

Anyway here is my stabilized video:

The car was clearly moving before the fatal shot. Not very far, but just enough to make the officer fear being dragged down the street at a much higher speed, and receive serious bodily injuries, and or get killed by Sam DuBose.

It's unfortunate that all the source videos have been blurred to hide the graphic portion of events, because the blurred spot hides some of the movement in the background, and makes it difficult to see the vehicle moving. Fortunately the movement is still visible.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
He does not need to be pulled out of the car just because he doesn't have a physical ID with him.

There is a difference between an ID and a Drivers License. You are right, he doesn't need to be pulled from a car because he doesn't have a physical ID, but he does need to be pulled if he doesn't have a physical Drivers License, and he is in control of the vehicle.

It is against the law to drive without your physical Drivers License. It's called "Failure to Display License", and in most cases the officer must remove the person from having control of the vehicle until a License number is provided or found. If not provided or found, the car would be impounded.
edit on 1-8-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I don't think I am. Care to show me?

I'll admit I am splitting hairs a little bit, but a more direct order would be get out of the car, which the person would have to take the seat belt off.

It isn't illegal to have your seat belt on while stopped, so not really a lawful order to say take it off.

The point that many apologist are ignoring and are trying to whitewash over is that there was very little about this stop that was lawful. This stop had absolutely nothing to do with law. This stop was about him getting his jollies by harassing the citizens of the area and feeding his ego. He was a campus cop, so why was he so far off campus? There were no people to harass on campus or maybe he knows how sick he is, so he decided not to crap were he eats.

The man said he had a DL but he didn't have it on him. How hard was that to check? He knew the man likely had some warrants or past offenses, hell, he probably ran his tag before even pulling him over. Listen to the conversation. It was not an attempt to gather information. He was toying with the little mouse he had caught. It had nothing to do with a missing front tag. Some States don't require a front tag, so no front tag is no big deal. I was accused of being one of a large group of idiots because I made the statement that this cop was not justified in killing this man, because he had no front tag, which was just the ammunition he needed to start his game. The reason he killed him was because he committed the worse sin, in the mind of the new members of the Barney Five brotherhood, "He defied him"!

Did you listen to other videos of this cop's encounters with the local citizenry? His modus operandi is, to harass and demand. When asked why they were being stopped or harassed, his standard response was, " BECAUSE I TOLD YOU TO!"
Your God has spoken! He made it clear that he saw the citizenry as his private toys, and that he didn't owe them anything, not even an explanation for why he chose them to amuse himself. Members of the Barney Fife brotherhood, mental faculties shut down and they go straight into roid rage when the useless eaters dare question or defy them.

In some ways this cop "is" being hung out to dry. His department knew this guy was a loose cannon and a ticking time bomb. Before the video was released they were double dutching and even admitted this guy "never should been allowed to be a police officer". So is this how they plan to reduce the sick and corrupt numbers of their ranks? Wait until they expose themselves with sick and unwarranted killings of the innocent until proven guilty citizens of their communities?

It is easy to research. Just Google, Max penalties for traffic infractions in Ohio. If he was guilty of all the offenses people are saying he was quilty of, the most he was looking at was six months jail time. That resisting arrest charge with drunk driving would have likely been a M1; a fine and 180 days in jail. Nothing this man did warranted his execution.

We can debate all day and all night about the who, what, and when's of the videos. It does not change the fact that this cop "never" should have pulled his gun. The situation did not call for it, his alleged crimes did not call for it, and even if he was as pissed as a caged pitbull having his tail clipped, he should have never pulled his gun. He had no right, not morally, spiritually or legally to pull his gun and kill this man. His actions were not the actions of a police officer trying to get a dangerous felon off the street, and even if he was a dangerous felon, the scenario that played out in the video, still would not have supported a cop in killing him.

I work with law enforcement, every stage. Cops are just people, and that is the biggest part of the problem. Businesses are interested in one thing; one thing only, revenue. Everything, and I do mean everything, translates to dollars and cents. Your local police force is not very likely to be manned with the best and brightess. They may be the best and brightess they are willing to "pay" for. Trust me on this, there is a huge difference in those two statements.

The majority of your local cops have issues. We all have issues. Imagine yourself on the job and you feel like you are under paid, overworked, poorly respected or not respected at all. No matter how much you give it is never enough. I have been there and done that, and working in and for the public, the last thing you need is someone that your job is to help, making your job more difficult, because they too have their own set of issues.

People burn out, or they come to realize the job is not for them or just not worth it. I comforted a young nurse who had only been on the job six months, fresh out of school. She was terrified because she had just started work, had a good five years of school loans to pay off, and she had come to grips with the fact that working as new nurse grad was killing her. The only words of wisdom I could give her was, to stick it out until she could find better employment and maybe things would improve. In other words, I lied. Things will not change for her. The sad truth is she will change to survive the job.

People make career choices based on an idealic perception of what the job is, how the job will define them, and of course, the money. Public servants are "always" overworked and under paid. Most know that and are willing to make the sacrifice for their "calling". That quickly goes flying south, when you are giving 200% of yourself and are constantly abused for not having more hands, for not being able to bend time and for not having a magic wand to make everyone's wishes suddenly appear. When you don't give people what they want, " you" then become the problem, and there is the rub.

Cops are not public servants. They are "law enforcement". Their job is to be vigilante, to make sure they keep the revenue stream flowing. Not what you see on TV. Cops on TV are badass mofos, that everybody respects and fears. Now add to that a daily reprimand for not making your " quota", don't believe the lies, Yes, they have quotas, and you are very likely to catch a cop on a bad day. Because everyday is a bad day. Until you come along, having your own bad day, and while attempting to vent your frustration after your last straw is being snapped; you make his day a good day "and" an opportunity to rack up some street credits and bragging rights.

I get that being a cop is not easy. Worse, it is not that dream job they sell on TV. When are people going to get it. Everything, again, everything on TV is an illusion. Any truth is so rife with lies that it is impossible to decipher the truth in what they project. I get that he was a Barney Fife, and resented that he was viewed as an Andy. I get that he saw the entire area within five blocks of the campus his private empire. I get this was his coping mechanism, but when he thinks he has the right to play judge, juror and executioner, he crossed the line and he became the face in the abyss.

The fact remains that this cop was wrong. Color it anyway you want, he executed a man for no sound reason.

edit on 1-8-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Grammar corrections.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
It is easy to research. Just Google, Max penalties for traffic infractions in Ohio. If he was guilty of all the offenses people are saying he was quilty of, the most he was looking at was six months jail time. That resisting arrest charge with drunk driving would have likely been a M1; a fine and 180 days in jail. Nothing this man did warranted his execution.

You did it again. You once again implied that he was "executed" for simple traffic infractions. Forgive me if you are not intentionally doing this, but this is the third time I have noticed so far. Are you really that unaware?

The traffic infraction was simply the main reason for the stop. It wasn't the reason he was shot. The events that happened during the stop are what caused him to get shot. He tried to run from police by starting his car and driving off while the officer was leaning in the vehicle to stop him. He was about to harm the officer while in the act of fleeing. Deadly force is allowed at that point...

Why do you keep ignoring what Sam did to provoke the officer? Why do you keep insinuating the officer just likes to go around killing people when they do simple traffic violations? Do you really have that much fear and hate of police officers inside you to believe that is the case?
edit on 1-8-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Well he wasn't moved all the way to car, was he?

Yea really.

You're still reaching.

The level of condescension from you and another member in this thread is absolutely mind boggling. It's as if the two of you honestly believe if you're nasty enough to peopl you'll be right.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

Excellent, excellent job. Credit where it's due on the video.

I especially liked the slowed down part, because you can clearly see the officer's arm was never trapped by the steering wheel as he claims, and his left hand is actually seen moving from the victim's stomach to the seatbelt, which he then grabs on to as the shot is fired and then lets go of it as soon as the shot is fired. You can still see the entire front end of the pickup truck that's parked in the driveway.
edit on 1-8-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: WeAre0ne
and his left hand is actually seen moving from the victim's stomach to the seatbelt, which he then grabs on to as the shot is fired and then let's go of it as soon as the shot is fired. You can still see the entire front end of the pickup truck that's parked in the driveway.

Exactly!Thank you Shamrock for bringing common sense/your expertise to debunk these knuckleheads..
edit on 1-8-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
He wasn't dragged. Not even an inch.
edit on 8/1/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join