It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens in Your Body When You Drink Coke?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I don't drink Coke or any soft drinks, but when I saw this today, I was reminded why. If you drink soft drinks, you may not want to know what happens when you do...

How Coca-Cola Affects Your Body In 60 Minutes

The brains behind website The Renegade Pharmacist has revealed exactly what a refreshing can of Coke does to your system within the first hour of drinking it. And it's not pretty.
First 10 minutes

10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don't immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavour, allowing you to keep it down.

I hope you can read the text on this picture. If not, go to the source. Or right click on it and "view image".

edit on 7/30/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Actually sounds great... let me grab one of those cold, refreshing cans and go mow the lawn, clean the kitchen and do 150 press ups. .(currently 22:06 uk time)
All jokes aside my mum uses that stuff to clean the toilet!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I prefer mine with rum..
I'm sure that will neutralize all of the cokes negative effect..

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It's hard to believe that the government would allow a company to sell a product that is so detrimental to a person's health. I'm sure the fact that soft drinks are a multi-billion dollar industry has a lot to do with the government turning a blind eye to the adverse health effects.

Now if you all will excuse me, I'm late for a flu vaccine shot.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Terribru.

I think they've got it out for Coca Cola, I mean.. Heroin? Vomiting?

10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don't immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavour, allowing you to keep it down.

I don't believe that; I could keep it down regardless. *cough*

45 minutes in
Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centres of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

*puts some Coca Cola in a steril, legally attained syringe*

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
It's hard to believe that the government would allow a company to sell a product that is so detrimental to a person's health. I'm sure the fact that soft drinks are a multi-billion dollar industry has a lot to do with the government turning a blind eye to the adverse health effects.

Now if you all will excuse me, I'm late for a flu vaccine shot.

Um cigarettes??

Literally the most poisonous product on the planet.
Arsenic, cyanide, formaldehyde, carbon monoxide and hundreds of other poisons, toxins and harmful chemicals.
These are sold everywhere.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Since the sweetener in coke is high fructose corn syrup you might find this interesting.princeton research

You might find this interesting as well. metabolism of sugars
edit on 7/30/2015 by lonegurkha because: to add

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Good job I'm a Dr Pepper man

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If you're going to be a hard up Coca Cola addict trying to get your fix on the cold hard streets, make sure you keep your coke points.

I've already got one T-shirt from them and I'm working on the second.
edit on 7/30/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonegurkha
Since the sweetener in coke is high fructose corn syrup you might find this interesting.princeton research

You might find this interesting as well. metabolism of sugars

HFCS is what is in the products of all the companies that lobbied against GMO labeling as well. All sugars are definitely not the same. I have tried to eliminate HFCS from my diet as much as possible.

The corn system operates at a big cost to taxpayers. Finally, the corn system receives more subsides from the U.S. government than any other crop, including direct payments, crop insurance payments and mandates to produce ethanol. In all, U.S. crop subsidies to corn totaled roughly $90 billion between 1995 and 2010—not including ethanol subsidies and mandates, which helped drive up the price of corn.

Today, one of the biggest corn subsidies come in the form of federally supported crop insurance. In fact, for the 2012 season U.S. crop insurance programs will likely pay out an estimated $20 billion or more—shattering all previous records. Amazingly, these record subsidies are being paid as corn just had one of the most lucrative years in history. Even with the 2012 drought, high prices meant that U.S. corn broke record sales figures. Do record subsidies make sense during a year of record sales?
www.scientificamerican.com...

Our tax dollars going straight into Monsanto pockets. This is why Monsanto is trying to control the seed supply for corn, and fighting against GMO labeling.

We don't need processed HFCS, especially not from GMO seeds, we need to use traditional sugars.

Sorry for going off topic a bit

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

In this link there are some very interesting links to follow. Have fun.

wiki HFCS

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

The government is the worst supporter of allowing what is bad being sold.

You think that Flouride in your toothpaste isn't rat poison?

Flouridealert.org

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
now i agree almost all soda is bad but

to say 10 TEASPOONS of shuger will make u puke i disagree

imfact ill say 20 tablespoons wont

have u ever eaten fing candy as a child 10 teaspoons was a treat 10 tablespoons was a good day and 10 cups was haloween

sorry but to say 10 teaspoons 16 is a cup btw is insane 2 cups of ice teal will make me sick

or for that matter ur saying that if i eat a entire hurshys chocolet bar im less likaly to be sick

infact i can eat just short of 2

now for the people who drink a 2 liter a day yea not good no dhu and if i ate 10 canybars a day ud say its badc

im not defending ether i barly drink soda a glass a week maby and candy almost never

but to think it will make me sick off a glass is propaganda and nothing more

tell me its bad in 100x ways but shugar u might as well tell me how dihydrogen monoxide is bad if u wana say shugar is so bad

f it Ban dihydrogen monoxide let us all live fearless knowing there is no dihydrogen monoxide i mean hell if ur dead u dont have problems right

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
colas are bad for your health, on a hot summer day drink one and you you'll see and understand where I'm coming from.
Remember "Tab", ever wonder why that that was secretely pulled from the market back i in the late 60's, well, it was poison to many people.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Ok, the things said are nearly truth enough for a news website. Two things must be added:

- You are far more dependent of sugar than coc aine, since... YOU F***** NEED IT TO SURVIVE! I mean, drinking coke give you to much sugar, and you can lower your consumption, but you body and your brain need it to survive. That is why you body tell your brain that is a good thing you took sugar, it's an healthy reaction from your body.

- The dose does the poison.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: PersonneX
- You are far more dependent of sugar than coc aine, since... YOU F***** NEED IT TO SURVIVE!

I never eat sugar. You need GLUCOSE, not table sugar or high fructose corn syrup that's in coke. Check out this VERY informative video that talks about sugar. It's an ad for a probiotic, but it's EXCELLENT conspiracy information!

Video

Glucose vs Sugar

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Still addicted to the stuff and have no planes on stopping drinking.

It could have a 50% cancer risk and Id still drink it

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

So, Glucose, a Sugar, is not a Sugar? Neat!

You can say that you don't eat processed sugars , that can be true, but you cannot avoid sugar in your alimentation. So you just lie to me. You ate apple, orange, bananas? You ate sugars: glucose, fructose and succrose (the very same that are in the Coke can).

The point I trying to make is that your brain reacts to the chemical how it should react.
edit on 31-7-2015 by PersonneX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

You could be right, if you say you eat less sugar, and sugar that have vitamines shipped with it. Don't worries, your choice is probably healty, don't give up
But don't say you are not eating sugar.

top topics

join