It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cop fatally shoots 19 year old through drivers window over some ####### weed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

I do see where you are coming from and it is a valid point.

Yet you think chastising her for asking people to use the system we put in place to protect the innocent and wait for evidence before a conviction is the right thing to do?

Yes, please do. Can't wait for when it comes out because then I will show you many videos of how police handle similar situations around the world without blowing the brains of a 19 year old out.

He was shot in the shoulder and side, not the head. It's in the OP.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Yeah. That was the other innocent unarmed man.

And people wonder why there are knee jerk reactions?

I guess I have to explain the physics:

Being shot in the side means that the officer was beside the car and not in front of it. And being shot in the side means a downward angle. Which means the cop was probably right beside the vehicle.

Now I know I could step away from a vehicle instead of shooting it if I am in that position...

Why can't cops these days?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

The autopsy indicated that the first shot went into Hammond’s left rear shoulder, throwing him forward in the car, and the second one went at a downward angle into his side from the rear, through his heart and lungs and leaving out his lower right side. The entry wounds were five inches apart. The shots were so close in proximity to each other that it would be physically impossible unless the car was stopped and the officer came up very close to an open window,” Richter said. “We don’t know all the facts, but we know that Zach Hammond did nothing to deserve to die in a Hardee’s parking lot that night, and from the evidence that we reviewed it’s clear that the shot that killed Zach Hammond came from behind not from in front.”
Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...

sounds like murder to me..
edit on 31-7-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I knew physics would solve the problem well before any police union/IA spin could even begin.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

I knew physics would solve the problem well before any police union/IA spin could even begin.

Thats why the cop said it was hard to articulate lol. That means Its hard to find the words that make it sound feasible without looking like an idiot.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Things aren't looking good for the cop.

Unless video evidence comes forward that exonerates him, I expect this will probably go down like it did in Cincy.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
A front/rear bumper of a car would be what to avoid when leaping to safety?...line of travel.

Just like a bullet exits a gun?...line of travel.

These two lines of travel intersected, but not head-on.

The back or the chest...center mass is the learned technique?

Would not the shoulder be center mass equivalent to leaping to safety?

Throw a brick 25 feet to the ground and see if it dustifies like a certain something...

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yet you think chastising her for asking people to use the system we put in place to protect the innocent and wait for evidence before a conviction is the right thing to do?

Boy, you have some audacity to address me concerning this matter with those silly talking points that clearly reflect someone who lacks reading comprehension and the ability to discern information presented, especially after our last go around in your own thread these past few days. Cool, fasten up, let's go!

That member I responded to was the one who lacks empathy and compassion concerning this matter. Go back, read their post and then mine and let it all marinate....let it sink in. Think, man!

A 19 year old young man is DEAD. What a silly tit for tat moot point. You would be best to ignore my comments in the future and don't respond to me. You and I are on two different levels....

Have a nice day!

edit on 31-7-2015 by Involutionist because: grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

CX

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Unless the guy has produced a weapon and is intent on killing the officer, i see no reason to shoot at all. Seriously, even if the car was coming at you....unless there was absoloutely no chance of getting out the way, and i highly doubt that, let him run, pick him up down the road.

This might just save an entire city being trashed when people once again get fed up with it.

CX.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist
a reply to: network dude

Boy, you have some audacity to address me concerning this matter with those silly talking points that clearly reflect someone who lacks reading comprehension and the ability to discern information presented, especially after our last go around in your own thread these past few days. Cool. fasten up, let's go!

That member I responded to was the one who lacks empathy and compassion concerning this matter. Go back, read their post and then mine and let it all marinate....let it sink in. Think, man!

A 19 year old young man is DEAD. What a silly tit for tat moot point. You would be best to ignore my comments in the future and don't respond to me. You and I are on two different levels....

Have a nice day!

So what, you think I'm a heartless monster who "lacks reading comprehension ability" and "ability to discern information" because I'm not picking up a pitchfork and demanding the officer's head on stick?

How progressive.

I'm stupid, and can't think logically because I, in my clearly empty-headed stupidity, had the AUDACITY to suggest that we wait for more information to come to light before we burn the city to the ground demanding justice?

If that makes me stupid, call me the queen of idiots and I'll wear that badge proudly.

Good day.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Mod Note

Let's keep the personal stuff out of this and dig deeper into the circumstances of the incident

Thanks

Do not respond to this post

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

But, the driver has a weapon (the car)

Let's just kill every driver then.

The cops who choose to act before thinking will say.. 'this happened so fast and you can't understand the situation until you're in it'. Which really means 'I shot before thinking so now need to think about why/how this happened'.

If joe (citizen) acts before thinking and kills a person, joe (citizen) will have to pay the consequences. When LEO does it, the same "rules" do not apply.

People are already sick of the unnecessary killings, but they are becoming more and more common by the day. It's not going to stop-it's going to get worse.

Nothing else they've tried has started an uprise, eventually this will. I honestly feel this is part of the plan.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

what the hell is going on?...these just cannot be random killings or leo's in fear for their lives this is something way beyond what we are seeing on the surface or reading about. what is the agenda who is giving these orders? there's a new story everyday innocent young people being slaughtered for what?...anybody?
I'm not buying what they are selling

As of February 15, only a month and a half into 2015, there has been at least 136 individuals killed by police in the United States since the first of the year.

The frighteningly high number averages out to three killed per day, or someone killed every eight hours. While there is no government-run database, Killed By Police has taken it upon themselves to keep track, and are doing a fantastic job thus far.

Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...

Let that sink in. Law enforcement in the US killed 92 times more people than a country with nearly 1.4 billion people.
It doesn’t stop there.

From 2013-2014, German police killed absolutely no one.

Unofficially, it seems that American police kill more than all of the first world nations’ police departments combined!

the free thought project

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

So what, you think I'm a heartless monster who "lacks reading comprehension ability" and "ability to discern information" because I'm not picking up a pitchfork and demanding the officer's head on stick?

That "reading comprehension ability" remark was addressed to NetworkDude, not you....

I actually read some of your post, and you seem like a very sweet soul. But to ask me that question above, that was addressed to someone else, might allow you to answer that question for yourself...and discover the irony of your statement.

because I'm not picking up a pitchfork and demanding the officer's head on stick?

I totally agree that due process must play out; no argument there. Also, my initial response to you was centred around the "emotional/knee jerk reaction" essence of your comment.

Here is your initial post:

Yet another thread that appeals to emotion before any actual facts are known.

How about we reserve judgement until the dashcam footage, or other evidence comes forward?

Settle them jerking knees, put down the torches.

I went on to explain WHY it does appeal to emotion in many people's hearts and minds due to their understanding of the human element involved which allows for empathy and compassion to arise. I went on to subtly explain that some of us have unfortunately witnessed first hand what a face looks like after it has been shot and that is why it does indeed appeal to emotion in some. Some of us actually weigh these matters based on "real life (empirical) experiences" which breeds compassion for the event taking place without placing blame on anybody. We are just initially upset period without placing blame. Also, one does not need to experience these things first hand to have it appeal to their emotions; most people have empathy and this is why they are responding to the loss of life regardless of the circumstances.

I was appealing to human heart in my response to you. I was showing you there is a Yin to your Yang in your thought process.

I'm stupid, and can't think logically because I, in my clearly empty-headed stupidity, had the AUDACITY to suggest that we wait for more information to come to light before we burn the city to the ground demanding justice?

If that makes me stupid, call me the queen of idiots and I'll wear that badge proudly

Again, my comment that caused you to entertain this thought process was NOT for you. That was for NetworkDude. Scroll back up and read the: in reply to: part of my last comment and you will clearly see I was NOT talking to you or ABOUT you. I only responded to you once in this thread before this one. Yet, here you are responding to me over a comment I addressed to SOMEONE ELSE.

Now, in saying that, I want you to contemplate the irony of your comment here.

Again, where in my initial response to you did you get the idea I suggested we should not wait for evidence and video to come in before placing guilt?

All I was suggesting in my post was: I cannot wait for the footage to come in so I can show you examples of how police in other nations deal with people in such cases with much more positive results.

I hope, after all this, you do truly comprehend.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

I apologize, the topic being discussed was my post, so I assumed your comments were about me, even if they were directed to Network.

I jumped the gun when I shouldn't have. It's been a long week!

Mea Culpa all around.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

It's ok, my friend. Apology accepted. (ATS needs a heart emoticon). We all have our days and jump the gun. I once accused a black man of being racist right here on this site before realizing he was indeed black. Mea Culpa all around, indeed.

I wish you a very lovely weekend, you deserve it!

((((HUGS))))
edit on 31-7-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I wonder what the footage shows. I mean you know they have seen it and if it exonerates the cop they would have come out with it right? At least they would tell us it shows what they say.

That fact they havnt said anything about it looks pretty bad as well..

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Do the cameras police use have wi-fi auto-streaming technology?
Why not?

drone that streams live

Integrated video camera with 720p HD video recording on a micro SD card and live first-person view (FPV) Wi-Fi streaming of video and telemetry to the free app for iOS or Android devices.

You'd think with public safety at stake...there would be no such thing as money?

I'm not suggesting drones, just the cameras.

edit on (8/1/1515 by loveguy because: Your reason for the edit (must be filled out)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I am so tired of seeing them kill people over petty sh##. When will enough be enough?

No $h!t man, I've been seeing so many of these horrible stories lately.........

I usually won't even click because it's so depressing.

WTF is going on?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join