It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting in Pueblo, CO, possible lost time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I came to this website because I wanted to share a UFO sighting I experienced along with my brother and a friend. I wish I had pictures or some hard evidence to share but I don't. I can only share what we collectively remember about that night. Some details are a little fuzzy, it was a long time ago, but we all remember it pretty much the same. Here is our story.

This was about 21 years ago. I'm not 100% sure of the exact date, but I believe I was a junior in high school and so that puts it at about 21 years ago. It was a warm summer night and we were out riding our bicycles. It was pretty late, about midnight and we were just doing a late night bike ride on a large hill behind our house in Pueblo Co. We did this a lot, riding our bikes at night, and sometimes we would go fairly long distances and ride to the lake. This night, however, we were right behind our house.

We were just riding on a trail where we stopped our bikes to sit. Our friend pointed up at the sky and said "What is that?". We all looked up. There was a very bright, bluish light, it appeared low in the sky and it seemed like it was shining and directing its light right on us! Immediately the hairs on my neck stood up. I felt scared and felt like I wanted to run. I don't know what this light was, but my first thought was that it was a police helicopter or something. Heck, I didn't know, was I trespassing on this hill or something? Are police shining their lights on us? But it was completely silent. It made no sound at all, zero. A chopper that low would've made a sound right? Whatever it was just seemed to hover there and it didn't move. I also thought for a moment if it could've been a supernova. It was just so bright! It couldn't have been a regular star because it was much brighter than all the stars around us and I've never seen a star that color or that bright. I didn't see any other shape around it or anything, it was too dark, just a very bright light. I can't say for certain if this light was directing its light to shine on us, but it was so bright that it felt like and seemed like it was shining it's light directly on us. I know this is crazy, but another thought I had in the moment was that it was God. I don't know why I thought that, I'm actually not religious at all. The light shone for about 2 minutes. I remember staring at this thing in the sky and thinking to myself, 'do not blink'. I didn't want to miss anything that would happen. Well, the light seemed to just fade away. Like slowly shut off. It was just gone suddenly. My brother said, and I remember him saying, "look it went that way!". I just didn't see it, I thought it faded away, but my brother saw it taking off very fast. To his credit, he has always been the better one with reflexes. I wish I would've saw it take off but I thought it just faded away. He says it took off to the edge of the sky very fast and right into some clouds.

Now the next thing that happened is so creepy... I said lets go home and get out of here. My brother made some comment that our bikes are freezing cold. I didn't understand what he was getting at until we got home. I looked at the clock and it was about 5am! My brother said, "I told you we were there for a long time!". I didn't understand what he meant until we got home. Did we really lose time or something? I don't remember anything! I swear we were only there for what seemed like a few minutes past midnight and just went right home, but it was almost five hours later!

I went to bed and remember I couldn't wait to read the newspaper the next morning. I was certain that I would read a story about this and that we weren't the only ones to see the UFO in the sky, but nothing... I waited the next day, and nothing again. There was no story in there about any sighting or anything flying overhead. I decided to call the police station and make a report about three days later. They said there were no other reports.

Were we probed? I hope not! None of us had any markings on us, nothing to show that anything happened other than that we were just riding our bikes. The interesting thing is my brother seems to remember a little bit more than I do and I remember him just talking on our way down the hill and not really making any sense to me, like especially the part about our bikes being freezing cold. He said too that the clouds made a vortex where the UFO shot off too, and I remember him pointing at something but I just didn't see it. It was just a lot to take in at that moment.

Well, one thing I also wanted to share is that this story isn't easy to tell people. I'm an engineer by degree and have a great job and at the top of my profession in my state, but sharing this story makes me feel like a kook... so I don't talk about this to hardly anyone. I've only told this story to few close friends and our wives and every time my brother and our friend get together, we recollect our experiences. Ever since then, when I go out side at night especially camping, I try to gaze at the stars as long as I can because I want to see another one. I'm convinced if I stare at the stars long enough, I'll see another UFO. Unfortunately, I've not been able to see anything else like it since.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: pueblosighting

Snippets…

Our friend pointed up at the sky and said "What is that?". We all looked up. There was a very bright, bluish light, it appeared low in the sky…

But it was completely silent. It made no sound at all, zero.

It couldn't have been a regular star because it was much brighter than all the stars around us and I've never seen a star that color or that bright. I didn't see any other shape around it or anything, it was too dark, just a very bright light.

He says it took off to the edge of the sky very fast and right into some clouds.

Thanks for sharing your tale, some elements of which exactly match my experience, in the hills on a dark night, long ago. This is why I am here, to hear similar experiences from others.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pueblosighting

Just another reason to talk my boyfriend into moving to Pueblo

Very cool description of what happened to you and your friends.

I hope you see something similar again also!

-Alee

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
A light is a light, not an object (as in Unidentified Flying Object). People always make that leap. I saw a light therefore it must be a flying saucer from outer space. With the weapons research happening these days it could have been a lazer, a fiber optic harmonic or some such thing, or who knows. But UFO?

I had a friend in Nevada who works for the Nevada State Patrol. He told me that on many of the isolated highways in that state you can get away with 80mph unless you have a Colorado License plant. In that case the probability is you have drugs in your car and you will get stopped. And, according to him, the empirical data supports the theory.

Might account for the lost time.

There are no aliens from outer space, at least visiting this planet. They are probably out there millions of light years away but not in this solar system. The closest thing we have to aliens on this planet is Jesse Ventura who has completely lost his mind and who still thinks anyone cares what his world views are. (How the Hell he got elected as Minnesota's Governor is a mystery greater than anything that happened in Roswell NM in 1947).

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Pueblo isn't very far from "the valley" ....

When I'm in Northern New Mexico or Southern Colorado, it almost always gets weird.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
More Iridium Flares???

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Do you think the light or star could have been attatched to a very large craft by chance? Do you remember anything about the stars as a backdrop?

I remember that feeling, the one of "never forget this" boring your mind into the thing to try to remember it despite the dream like quality of it all, the missing time too very odd feeling. I had an experience that had similar feelings expressed to the one you had here. Black Triangle/Star UFO Missing time

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Immoralist, I didn't see any shape behind it or anything of a backdrop compared to the other stars. I wish I did though! Yes, the feeling of, "never forget this" but especially, "do not blink" was especially in my mind. It was hard to keep my eyes open that long for sure! I read your story Immoralist, the similarities are creepy! Thank you for sharing it.

IridiumFlareMadness, I admit that my account of the light I saw sounds like Iridium Flares. Have you ever seen the video of the Phoenix Lights? Those have been debunked as Iridium Flares, yes? Well, I must say that the light I saw looked just like those lights. The light was very big and bright. If it was an Iridium Flare, wouldn't it have dropped slowly and move? The light I saw didn't move at all and seemed like a fixed point in the sky. I should've saw it move, shouldn't I? My brother was pointing off in the distance after I saw it fade saying it went that way very fast. That would discredit the Iridium Flare theory, wouldn't it? A flare wouldn't just take off across the sky like that.

Icewater, it was a light, you're right about that, was it a UFO? I don't know if it fits your definition exactly, but it was a light in the sky, it was hovering, and the police station knew nothing about it. Also, about drugs, while I won't say that I've never tried pot, I didn't like it and I didn't like the way it made me feel and I never really smoked it. I was a wrestler back then and we were drug tested. For that matter, I don't even drink either to this day. I've had the same bottle of whiskey in my fridge that I've had for over 1 1/2 years that I need to get rid of. Are there aliens from outer space? I don't know, but space seems awfully big doesn't it for not having anything out there? I do appreciate and thank you for your comments and your theories though.

Thanks nerdgoddess, I would sure like to see another one too! No luck yet though! Intrptr, you should post a link to your story, I'd like to read it. Olaru12, there are lots of stories of the valley and it seems like most locals there love sharing them!

top topics

join