It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help locating a hidden communication device in my house.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
To make a very long and complicated situation short I will try to condense this the best I can. Due to a custody hearing my son has his children, a 4 year old and a 2 year old, for the summer. The mother lives 600 miles from us.

From the first moment they stepped in the door they did not behave or try to behave: screaming, running in the house, spitting, flushing things down the toilet, and breaking things intentionally. I work days my son works nights so they are always with one of us.

One evening while I was making dinner for them, the 4 year old out of the blue said, "Mommy told us we had to be bad while we were here Grandma". I responded with, "That isn't a very nice thing for Mommy to say. Being bad only gets you guys in trouble, not Mommy". She looked down at her plate and shook her head yes while she was eating.

That night when they went to bed, I had a thought. How could they be contacting their mother without my son or me knowing?
This was about 6 days ago.

As of yesterday, it has been about 5 days since they spoke with their mother (that we know of). Last night after dinner they were in the small children's pool while I watered the gardens. We didn't come back inside until about 7:30. I dried them off, they got ready for bed, made them a snack, and they watched TV for about 30 minutes. While they were singing with the TV, I heard their Mother's voice
coming from the 4 year old's bedroom. I heard the mother call the 4 year old's name twice and ARE YOU THERE?

After they went to bed I checked my phone (land line) for any missed calls. There were two, from the Mother. No messages were left. Time stamped at 7:03 p.m. The voice from the bedroom happened at 8:04 p.m.

My question is what kind of device, other than a phone, could allow this type of conversation to take place?

Thank you all for listening to this, but I am at my wit's end.

Norma Jean

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: normajean
To make a very long and complicated situation short I will try to condense this the best I can. Due to a custody hearing my son has his children, a 4 year old and a 2 year old, for the summer. The mother lives 600 miles from us.

From the first moment they stepped in the door they did not behave or try to behave: screaming, running in the house, spitting, flushing things down the toilet, and breaking things intentionally. I work days my son works nights so they are always with one of us.

One evening while I was making dinner for them, the 4 year old out of the blue said, "Mommy told us we had to be bad while we were here Grandma". I responded with, "That isn't a very nice thing for Mommy to say. Being bad only gets you guys in trouble, not Mommy". She looked down at her plate and shook her head yes while she was eating.

That night when they went to bed, I had a thought. How could they be contacting their mother without my son or me knowing?
This was about 6 days ago.

As of yesterday, it has been about 5 days since they spoke with their mother (that we know of). Last night after dinner they were in the small children's pool while I watered the gardens. We didn't come back inside until about 7:30. I dried them off, they got ready for bed, made them a snack, and they watched TV for about 30 minutes. While they were singing with the TV, I heard their Mother's voice
coming from the 4 year old's bedroom. I heard the mother call the 4 year old's name twice and ARE YOU THERE?

After they went to bed I checked my phone (land line) for any missed calls. There were two, from the Mother. No messages were left. Time stamped at 7:03 p.m. The voice from the bedroom happened at 8:04 p.m.

My question is what kind of device, other than a phone, could allow this type of conversation to take place?

Thank you all for listening to this, but I am at my wit's end.

Norma Jean

Try googling counter surveillance equipment and I'm sure you will find what you are looking for.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: normajean

How far away is the other party you think might be communicating to your residence?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
There are easy tutorials on youtube that will teach you how to make a cell phone jammer. Check your local laws, or don't.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Could a baby monitor be hacked? Do you have one in their room? Creepy! Maybe you should set up a voice activated recording device in their room, counter espionage!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Wow that is shady. I would ask the kids. Like the 4 year old. They will tell you. Or tear the room apart while they are out. You will find it.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
She lives 600 miles away.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
No I don't have a baby monitor in their rooms. Thanks for the heads up. a reply to: misskat1

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I left a note for my son last night, I removed the suitcase from her room and put it in the kitchen. My son is going to ask the 4 year old today. And knowing my son, the rooms are on his agenda also.
Thanks for your input, I thought I was being over reactive. a reply to: kurthall

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I do have a voice recorder, great idea!!! I will set it up when I leave for lunch.a reply to: misskat1

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

My girlfriend's parents are not very good with computers, Skype, etc... So, before leaving her home country in the Balkans, she set up a laptop with which she can activate Skype remotely. Is there a similar device in the kids' room? I'd never have such a thing in my house but they're older and can't be bothered to learn how to use video chat on their own so it's an imperfect solution, but whatever. And we have made it clear they should always keep the camera pointed away from any disgusting parent sex. Ewww.
Anyway, it's fairly simple to have remote access set up on a computer/device. And also fairly simple to remedy the situation if you desire.
Hope that helped. Parents who put their kids in the middle of their grown-up issues suck.
edit on 30/7/15 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I am not very good with today's technology either, wish I was. The mother would be good at that remote business, she is "book smart" absolutely NO common sense whatsoever. Thank you for giving me your help. a reply to: 35Foxtrot

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Maybe the kids have a cell stashed ...

under the blanket of brainwashing the innocents.

The wrong cannon fodder in an apparent ugly breakup.

However this pans out. The kids are the first in line to be cut down. It may not be obvious whilst you are using them for
leverage to your own purpose.
They will however suffer the cosequences of this traumatic experience later, in some form or another.

Harsh?
Maybe.

Child welfare supporter?
Definitely!

edit on 30-7-2015 by Timely because: take the high road ...

ED: Not you personally OP ... which ever Adult is at fault is where my post was aimed ...

edit on 30-7-2015 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

That is just hateful for her to tell them to behave badly for you all.

That's also really creepy what is potentially going on.

I don't have anything helpful to add really, but I do wish you the best of luck with this situation, and glad you get to see your grandbabies.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Personally, I would put off talking to the kids for a few days. Catching a recording of her asking her kids about how badly they behaved for grandma and Dad and then hear her praise them for it, would be pretty good ammo in a court of law.

I feel so bad for kids who are stuck in the middle of "to love mom, I have to hate dad, to love dad I have to hate mom". Poor little guys, its just not fair.

I would also add, if your son isnt keeping a diary of all this, encourage him to do so. I found having a diary of BS was very helpful. I went through it 2 times. The most important thing is to keep a diary.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
First I would casually do a "cleaning" of the room they are staying in with the help of the kids to see if they act strange when you get close to any certain areas. Second I would invest in one of these: wireless signal detector if you are certain there is some kind of device in your house.
The device in question is going to have to run on some sort of battery power source so it would only last for so long without being recharged, that is unless the children are somehow recharging it.
Very odd situation to say the least.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Some of the new kids phones look like watches and only call the parents. Search kids phones and click over to images to see if you have any in your home.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Check toys too, nanny cams!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

600 miles...

Then here is the list of possibilities:
1. Cellular communications- always on so powered by AC in your house.
2. Land line: you have eliminated this possibility already.
3. Internet device: Always on so powered by AC in your house and using your WiFi router.

So the likely source is the kid's PC on your Wi-Fi network. Take the kid's PC and give them a different one to use.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I know where you are coming from. My son adores his children. When she does spend time (very little) her face is glued to her cell phone texting. Her babysitter is her best friend. a reply to: Timely

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join