It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capped reality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
If we think about it, we only really beleive in something that has been repeated to us over and over again. We need no source for these things, as everyone is brought up to know it.

My thought on this: What if we live in a world, similiar to the matrix where people live their lives not knowing they are dominated by another life form. im thinking that we are like an experiment for a life form is not part of the 4th dimension [4th dimension i beleive is time, but the concept of time is what im reffering to]. we have been taught over and over the history of our earth and how to live a good life VIA magazines/TV. What if this is all a lie?what if what we are taught in our life-time has been taught for billions of years? this is my theory on a capped reality. The point is, we dont REALLY know if what i said is possible or not, as we have never been taught of something this big. anyone see what i mean?

We could have all been programmed with a false reality, that has been taught for billions of years. And we have a pyramid of power set in our reality to see how we react to it? This other life-form im talking about MAY have the ability to view EVERY single persons reactions/emotions at the same time. I am taking my thread off-topic now, but what is your thought[s] on a capped reality?

Had to change first sentence

[edit on 29-12-2004 by KapZ]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I agree on the idea that we - normal people - are living on a program.

We have been "programmed" to know that "this is so and so", "this are our friends, they are good, so we should support them, but that are out enemies, they're bad, so we have to kill them", "to earn good money you have to learn and work hard", "life is hard and we can not have any control over it" and so on, and so on...

We do no longer see the reality through that program and we do not try to compare it, what we believe in, to what we have in reality.

For example, if we look at successful people, we'll see that "to earn good money you have to learn and work hard" if not so true.

And what is real? A little hint - try to remember how you looked at the world when you were 3 ? Did you love life, did everything look so mysteryose and fascinating at the same time? Did time feel kinda different, like Deja Vu ( a glitch in the matrix ), not like the way we feel it now?

Yet I do not think that anybody ever created this crippled form of society on purpose. There always have been people who had "light within them", as well as normal, lazy people, who are too lazy to think on their own, so they prefer the blue pill, to receive all their "knowledge" from someone else and stuck it into their kids.

Morpheus: I imagine that right now you're feeling a bit like Alice, tumbling down the rabbit hole? Hm?
Neo: You could say that.
Morpheus: I can see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, this is not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate, Neo?
Neo: No.
Morpheus: Why not?
Neo: Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.
Morpheus: I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain. But you feel it. You've felt it your entire life. That there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is but it's there, like a splinter in your mind driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Neo: The Matrix?
Morpheus: Do you want to know what IT is? The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us, even now in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage, born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch. A prison for your mind.... Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself. This is your last chance. After this there is no turning back. You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.... Remember, all I'm offering is the truth, nothing more....

[edit on 29-12-2004 by bratok]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I have always felt something was wrong with the world personally. However I doubt that it goes as far as the Matrix. Now as for a capped reality yes people as a whole are "programmed" in a way to believe certain things and act certain ways. For example take a look at murder: Now by todays standards if you kill someone it's considered wrong and immoral, we have been told for centuries that murder is bad unless in self defence. However there was a time you could kill snap someones neck just for looking at you wrong and nobody would give a damn. But the US government is killing people every day in multiple ways most of which are illegal and never really get publicized. Mind you this was just an example that poped into my head there are much better ones. There are so many thing drilled into peoples heads everyday, it's no wonder that it's effective since it's done on a mass basis. Now there are people like me and many others on these boards who consider ourselves nonconformists meaning we don't really subscribe to what society thinks we should be or how we should live.

(P.S. sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes I was typing this kind of quick plus it's a message board so it's not that important.)

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   
>> Now as for a capped reality yes people as a whole are "programmed" in a way to believe certain things and act certain ways.

As there are people who are deep into that "programming" and have no idea about it - they truly believe that they are living and thinking on their own.

We see that there is "some programming", but maybe what we see is just a tiny bit of the whole thing? Maybe what we consider a worm is really an elephant's tail?

If we start asking ourselves, why are we doing that and that? Why we think so and so? Why we believe that is good and that bad? We will find that almost everything we do or think is because the "Matrix" told us. And if we manage to "brake out" what will we find there? Will we see the true purpose of this world?

What's interesting, it is believed that there are people who live over the "Matrix" and that everyone, if he wants it, can get out of it.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
yeah but if we are say in Matrix version 4 then "breaking out" would only take us to version 3! see we would still be in the Matrix just very different from version 4 offcourse but far away from reality also! We can never be sure when we are out of the matrix and into reality

we might as well enjoy the taste of stake ey? or maybe try to manipulate the future versions of matrix.

just my 2 cents.
z.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You may want to check this out.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
You may want to check this out.

that was a good site man, good find.

If these people have no concept of time, then they wont neeed to meet

deadlines or anything liek that.Maybe a 2 hour movie would only seem like

a split second for them if they were to watch it. If us conspiriters are the

crazy people of the society, why would they make movies like I, Robot, The

matrix, 12 monkeys, and so on. They all have the message that the main

characters 'knows' something is atronimically wrong with the world, And no one believes him, ecspecially in the 12 monkeys.

top topics

join