It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now this really is somethng NEAT !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The possibilities boggle the mind!

Priced at $499.00 if you pre-order now. Will be available in 2016 at $699.00

Lily is the world's first throw-and-shoot camera. It lets anyone create cinematic footage previously reserved for professional filmmakers.

Lily is waterproof, ultra-portable, and shoots stunning HD pictures and videos.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I seem to recall something just like this about a year ago. I may be mistaken, though...I'll have to look.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
OMG...

How long before this gets into the minds of certain arms manufacturers as a killer frizbee?

Ouch.

Kindest respects

Nibs

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

You can at the moment buy a full collective pitch model helicopter that will basically just sit there with no control input , flip a switch and it flies upside down without having to reverse your thinking . But it wont follow you around filming you obviously , that's kind of a neat touch . Bleeding gyros , fooling 14 year old middle aged men everywhere into thinking they can fly a helicopter .

edit on 30-7-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

It's been around for a while.
Don't think it can intelligently avoid trees/power lines/ obstructions/other rotorcraft so is limited.

edit on 30-7-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

There are some 'tech' which really get on my nerves but this 'Lily' looks great.. shame it costs $500 as that puts it up to around £750 in England as they always hike the costs over here.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

There are some 'tech' which really get on my nerves but this 'Lily' looks great.. shame it costs $500 as that puts it up to around £750 in England as they always hike the costs over here.

Well hopefully it will catch on for those who are interested and the price will drop.. I have no need for one but as the video demonstrated the use of this technology is only limited by the battery powered flight time and our own imagination.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I can see it now.

People will have one of these following them around all day taking pictures and uploading them to Facebook.

Takes the selfie thing to a whole new level.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
A GoPro killer! You just have to watch for the batteries, I hope there are an emergency landing protocols.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nibbles
OMG...

How long before this gets into the minds of certain arms manufacturers as a killer frizbee?

Ouch.

Kindest respects

Nibs

There are currently four commercially available such drones which will carry a payload of up to 75 lb.
What kind of "items" can you think of which would fit onto them?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I saw this right here on ATS a few months ago, and I also saw it on KTLA news here in LA. Pre5y cool. Price will drop soon. It has been out for a few months, but the tech is still new.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I love the idea!

Great for recording your own sport activities, parties, live show, neighbour spying, following your spouse, children and much more!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's similar to 'Falconry' which i just remembered and didn't include in my post yesterday.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
I love the idea!

Great for recording your own sport activities, parties, live show, neighbour spying, following your spouse, children and much more!

Recently watched a video of Russian police using a drone for spotting trafiic violatios around a dangerious curve.
They would even show the drivers they had pulled over the vid of the violations. I don't guess they could argue about being stopped after that.

top topics

join