It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hunting trophies : its not new - so why the sudden manufactured outrage ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Keep reading your ballanced reports and keep making up your own minds all on your own

Thank you.
Keep sniffing out those media conspiracies and reading pop psychology.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Lol, it's marketing mate not a conspiracy.

Pop-Psychologist Ian Marsh? No, professional lecturer and published author. Uses scientific methods to back up his research. Only you already know that because you read the link I posted. Oh wait....
edit on 31-7-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: KyoZero

Haha - yeah but not until the media told you to be.

I wonder what the next bandwagon you'll jump on will be? Human rights? Slavery? Child labour?

Yep....you know me....I never even heard of illegal gaming until the media swooped in

Please...just once stop trying to be an online behavioral expert and pretending to know what we believe, how, why and when

I'm embarrassed for you

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Well in this case it wasn't just any lion but a tagged and protected lion on a sanctuary. He didn't just kill a random lion, he killed a very well know lion.

It was lured off the sanctuary, hunted and killed.

Did you know that none of what you just mentioned is illegal?

The land where the lion was killed didn't have a lion quota. That is what made the hunt illegal and the professional hunter(guide) has already admitted that he was the one who made the mistake.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i am merely amused that this phenonemon has been ignored so long - now its a sudden hot topic for " social justice warriors "

Honestly, who cares? Let them be outraged... in fact, let them be enraged at the fact that their outrage is falling on deaf ears and no changes will occur. Zimbabwe makes a lot of their money off of safari hunting. Unless all of these outraged warriors open their own wallets and pay Zimbabwe the difference, the hunts will continue.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Well in this case it wasn't just any lion but a tagged and protected lion on a sanctuary. He didn't just kill a random lion, he killed a very well know lion.

The land where the lion was killed didn't have a lion quota. That is what made the hunt illegal and the professional hunter(guide) has already admitted that he was the one who made the mistake.

but none of the truth "gets" Mr. Palmer and, by God, Mr. Palmer must pay! :rolleyes:
Only western society can possibly be this ridiculously stupid to turn this into a circus of fury and fist shaking.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Reminds me a lot of the faux-anger circus over the Confed flag

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero

Reminds me a lot of the faux-anger circus over the Confed flag

Americans enjoy getting outraged over things that don't cost them, personally to a man, any time, money, or effort aside from typing rapidly and acting a fool in anger.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Grimpachi

but none of the truth "gets" Mr. Palmer and, by God, Mr. Palmer must pay! :rolleyes:
Only western society can possibly be this ridiculously stupid to turn this into a circus of fury and fist shaking.

I am thinking that those in charge of the government in Zimbabwe are really happy that all the attention is focused on Palmer and not them. They are the ones who made the rules and if people had focused on their management it would put pressure on them to enact better conservation policies. They really dodged a bullet with this one. Based on reading lionaids conservation site they seem a bit disappointed about the focus as well.

On their site they listed a lot of simple things that would help conservation of lions and other animals of the region, but unfortunately no one seems to care.

Oh well, seems like a lot of people like to hunt be it animals or humans. Witch hunt anyone?
edit on 31-7-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Americans? The whole planet is annoyed about this.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

I stand corrected... the WORLD enjoys getting outraged when it costs them nothing personally. Americans, the world, whatever, all fairly exciteable folks who get bushy tailed over the meaningless stuff while ignoring the actually important stuff. Very predictable.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Americans, the world, whatever, all fairly exciteable folks who get bushy tailed over the meaningless stuff while ignoring the actually important stuff.

Another fine example of it doesn't matter to me so those it does matter to are wrong.
Nobody's "ignoring the actually important stuff" , there are plenty of bad cop threads , bad politician threads and all manner of important stuff being discussed , this subject just doesn't matter to you but it does matter to many people around the world.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
But yeah I forgot conservation works really well if you kill the lion then his brother

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Conserving Lions isn't important then?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Good closing line. Although it reveals more about your wantings than achieving a condescending put down.

Yes, you already knew all about trophy hunting.... But you never (as most other members) brought it to the forefront of discussion until the media did. You are now donating emotion to it more than before. You're towing the line the media throws out.

None of you can deny you have been influenced and led by the media. It's all here in this thread for others to see plain as day.... Following and reinforcing the news agenda. That's why you guys have to use flippant remarks, be cendescending or get defensive, it's natural behaviour to react like that.

Don't blame yourself though, you're only human. ( See, we can all use closing digs but notice how they take us off the point? )
edit on 2-8-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Yes because if I didn't post it in the holy grail of ATS for the approval of yours truly then I must never have talked about it publicly

phew...got me on that one

Interesting about the closing lines part. Because I never quoted anyone, pointed it to anyone, but was making a general statement.

Don't worry though...you're only human

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero

Yes because if I didn't post it in the holy grail of ATS for the approval of yours truly then I must never have talked about it publicly

phew...got me on that one

Interesting about the closing lines part. Because I never quoted anyone, pointed it to anyone, but was making a general statement.

Don't worry though...you're only human

Your line:

I'm embarrassed for you

Note why I can no longer take any of your posts seriously.
edit on 4-8-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I am absolutely going to lose sleep over this revalation

good day

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: biggilo

Conserving Lions isn't important then?

They're classified as a "vulnerable" species. That means they're not endangered so while conservation measures are important, so is population control and management.

In other words, it's nowhere near as important as many yahoos seem to think it is.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
oh look :

source

cecil is just a drop in the bucket

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join