It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man lunges at UK policeman with 8" knife, man is subdued without incident.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Kapusta

If you are looking for a wager, i would go with betting how many bullets he would have in him and how many bullets missed .....

Heh.. Might be truer than you know...

There was a short lived shoot out in my town once, probably more than 10 years ago now, on main street where it goes from just being a street, into a walking down-town commercial type area. Anyways, a man on meth armed with a pistol, got pulled over, for speeding.. Driver was tweaked out, and armed, cop is armed... Things got out of hand pretty quickly. The event laid out basicly a lot of officers on one side of the street, and directly across from them a gunman hiding behind a chevy Corsica... Lasted maybe 5 minutes, maybe..

The Local paper reported over 100 rounds fired... The suspect was hit 3 times, and lived. He was apprehended of course, but that's not the point...

Only hit 3 times ?!? Sheesh.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
UK for the win!

I dont know if our police are just really good or USA cops just really really bad

here in the U.S. they shoot motorists who do not have a front license plate....

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

[url=http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/why-did-police-shoot-dead-unarmed-man--azelle-rodney-seven-years-ago-8084763.html]

A quote from your link:

"The police have killed 41 men and 1 woman in the last 15 years".

My point still stands......

Now compare that with last month in the USA.
edit on 30-7-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

"Hey guys! This good thing happened in a country!"

"This means that the other country is BAD!"

"But, that good thing happens in the other country sometimes too."

"BAD."

"Hey guys! This BAD thing happens ALL THE TIME in a country"

"At about a million to one ratio compared to other civilized countries"

So yes......"BAD"

Oh look it happens in the UK too

No seriously it does

I can keep going

Oh hey, Police in the US subdue armed people without deadly force!

First of all Mark Duggan was a gang banger who was been followed that day by police because he was out to SHOOT someone. Police might have been abit quick on the trigger but it certainly was not cold blooded murder. so take that one off the list.

As for the others? Look at the frequency..........we have had a handful of wrong shooting spread out over a decade!
You can likely barely fill a post with the incidences that have happened over ten years here.

With the US of Tyrannical A you could fill a whole thread with incidences of police brutality that happens in a month!

Hell I worked it out in another thread, even if you adjust for the USA higher pop your incidences of police brutality are near 10x that of the UK!

USA has a police brutality problem, accept it.
edit on 30-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I never implied the US doesn't have a corrupt police problem.

That much is evident even to the most adamant police apologists.

I'm simply saying don't point fingers and claim superiority when the very same thing happens on your shores as well. Perhaps not in the numbers that it happens here in the US, but it still happens. When you completely eliminate the problem, THEN you can puff out your chest and say "Look how much better we are!"

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

"Look how much better we are!"

This is a comparative statement. What about the comparison between UK police and American LEO's with regards to violence is not "better" for the UK?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

It would be impossible to completely eliminate police corruption and brutality as there will always be some bad apples its human nature.

But as long as our police are not shooting unnamed people in the back or strangling unarmed people to death in the street I think I will puff my chest and say our police are better......so can a good chunk of the civilized world......

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Oh yes, your specific UK brand of human is superior to the US brand of human!

Is that what you want to hear?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

originally posted by: CJCrawley

I'm sorry, I'm not seeing the advantage of subduing rather than shooting, a violent, knife-wielding nut job.

He probably wont serve any significant jail time and will remain a danger to the general public.

Would you see the advantage if it was YOUR brother with a mental illness and having an episode?

I bet you would.......

Would YOU see the advantage if it was your next-door neighbour?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

If your to much of a pussy that you have to shoot everyone you shouldn't be a cop.

If that guy with the knife knew what he was doing, that cop is injured or dead.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I'm not seeing the advantage of subduing rather than shooting, a violent, knife-wielding nut job.

Because everyone had a RIGHT to a trial. You cant have a trial if you are dead.

Only in extreme circumstances should the police kill.

I merely said I'm not seeing the advantage, that's all. There's no advantage to me that the police subdued the man instead of shooting him.

For people who would protect the rights of criminals yes, I see the advantage; for me, no.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

So you'd be ok with the cops shooting your bipolar brother rather than take him in until his episode subsides?

How humane of you.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

If my bi-polar brother somehow got access to a weapon and started waving around at the police, I would be incredibly saddened that his life was ended, but I would also know that a police officer did what he was trained to do.

Then I'd start asking questions as to how my bi-polar brother, who was apparently prone to this kind of behavior got off his meds and got access to a weapon.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Thats not what I said,

American come from the same gentic stock as us anyway so thats a stupid comparison.

What im saying is british police are superior to American cops, not because they are British but because we actually have recruitment standards and training.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Because everyone had a RIGHT to a trial. You cant have a trial if you are dead.

Only in extreme circumstances should the police kill.

I merely said I'm not seeing the advantage, that's all. There's no advantage to me that the police subdued the man instead of shooting him.

For people who would protect the rights of criminals yes, I see the advantage; for me, no.

One is ENTITLED to a fair trial before you lable one a criminal.

Inocent until proven guilty in a court of law is a fundemental British right.

And yes it indirectly effects you as if you give police free reign to decide who has rights you could end up one day under the jack boot of some cop who beats you or as we see in the "land of the free" kills you for a minor crime like speeding or no crime at all.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

If my bi-polar brother somehow got access to a weapon and started waving around at the police, I would be incredibly saddened that his life was ended, but I would also know that a police officer did what he was trained to do.

Then I'd start asking questions as to how my bi-polar brother, who was apparently prone to this kind of behavior got off his meds and got access to a weapon.

In The UK our police are trained to do there best to subdue them before lethal force.

And good bloody god cause my cousin would be dead, I thank the police for there effects with him and actually repect them for it.

American causal attitude to use lethal force and violence really does shock me....... like its "normal", explains your mass shootings when you value life so little.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Thats not what I said,

American come from the same gentic stock as us anyway so thats a stupid comparison.

What im saying is british police are superior to American cops, not because they are British but because we actually have recruitment standards and training.

So if we had your coppers come over here and train our officers how to handle situations better, our problems would be solved? Damn, what isn't this happening right now?

Think of the lives we could be saving.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

When you are attacking somebody with a deadly weapon don't you kind of forfeit your rights?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
As an American police officer I have ungodly amounts of respect for police in the UK.

What these officers did was heroic.

That said, if they continue to approach situations with a knife wielding attacker like they did, they will eventually be hurt or killed.

It is only a matter of time.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

edit on 30-7-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: Double Tap

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join