It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH370 speculation sparked by debris found on Indian Ocean island

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

The engineers are pulling their hair out trying to work out what on earth could have happened to the plane.

I would think they know what happened to it...they just don't know why.

And someone should tell them that pulling your hair out doesn't do much good when trying to solve problems...unless too much hair is the problem.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Wherever this flaperon came from, it seems to have been tampered with. The serial number plate is missing. Normally the serial number plate is riveted on and to remove it would require drilling the rivets out!!

Sounds very suspicious to me!!

a reply to: tsurfer2000h

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: wevebeenassimilated

Except that those plates come off through normal wear and tear when they're on the outside of the aircraft. This one is in a place where it's exposed to everything the plane flew through, then was exposed to a year underwater. I would have been surprised if the plate DIDN'T come off.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

It has already been more or less established that it didn't come from MH370 at all.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30-8-2015 by TheAristTocratS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAristTocratS

No it hasn't. They're still waiting for confirmation from the company in Spain.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAristTocratS

It has already been more or less established that it didn't come from MH370 at all.

Just so you know...linking back to your own thread as some kind of proof is funny, because for one it wasn't proven to be true there and it won't make it true here.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

just found what you said in news.. good point

Writing in New York magazine, he says the "goose barnacles" found on the object can only survive underwater and their distribution suggests the flaperon spent several months submerged.

In his latest work, Wise speculates that the barnacles could be accounted for by "as-yet-unidentified natural processes" or "purposeful intervention by conspirators". He notes that "the implausibility of it all is quite maddening" but says "when it comes to MH370, maddening and implausible are par for the course". Not to mention red herrings. Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak announced in early August that it had been "conclusively confirmed" the part was from MH370, only to be contradicted immediately by the French, who said they needed to undertake more tests.

the only thing that's frustrating is the source if the guy was a marine biologist. the source is a science writer, it says but he is in aviation being pilot.. thank u EVERYONE for the add ons so cool of you

m.smh.com.au...
edit on 15-9-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
something new on the topic

Has pilot spotted more debris belonging to MH370? Air France captain reports seeing object floating in water about 44 miles off coast of Reunion

www.dailymail.co.uk... les-coast-Reunion.html

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
something about the suitcase found

But Martin Dolan, head of the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) which is leading the hunt for the plane in the remote southern Indian Ocean, said it appeared unlikely to be linked.

“From what we understand so far there’s much less reason to be positive about the suitcase,” he told the ABC. “There’s no obvious indication it’s been in the water a long time and so on. “Obviously it has to be examined very carefully and a proper decision made but we don’t have the same level of confidence in that as potential evidence.”

“In short though it may just be rubbish and there is no attached marine life to indicate that it has been in the water for any great length of time. But it will be examined.”

m.theaustralian.com.au...

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

As I've said before, I just fail to understand why they haven't mounted some sort of an organized search off Reunion. Seems really strange to me. Even if it was an aerial search; any search which finds debris will offer much more data on what happened...even if they don't find the main wreckage itself. They already know at least one piece of the aircraft has turned up at Reunion, seems to me it's pretty good odds they might find more (floating debris at least). The longer they wait, the less chances there are of finding items, or finding 'helpful' items.

Yet they continue searching in earnest, in the middle of a giant ocean...where they have found nothing at all.

Note...even if they do find something (eventually), at the depths they are searching in the Indian Ocean any debris they may find will be nearly impossible to retrieve (given the weather, equipment required and costs to attempt it).

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

i've just read exactly the same thing you have just written
if I wasn't so impatient and had your reply.. that was in between the first comments (when they found the first bit) that just because they found that one piece doesn't mean they will find more debris and that it is actually unlikely.. weird. the article above says they are confident they will find it by July 2016
thank you for the reply
edit on 15-9-2015 by Layaly because: check

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
To expand on my reply a little bit; I speak from first hand experience with losing a loved one to tragic circumstances.

I understand the desire to find the main wreckage, and I do not find any particular fault with the science behind way they are going about it. It seems sound. I also understand the desire of the families of those lost wanting some kind of closure. However, at this point, the unfortunate reality is; the likelihood of any remains being recovered is near zero. Even if the main wreckage is found (eventually), and portions of it recovered, the chances of anything beyond personal effects of the PAX being found is almost non-existent. After this much time the marine ecosystem has all but consumed any remaining organic matter (i.e. human remains) long ago.

From my own personal experience I know the best way to bring at least some level of 'closure' is to provide, minimally, an explanation of what truly happened. Did they suffer? Was there a fire? Was there a terrorist event, etc.? Once some semblance of an explanation is provided most can move on with their lives. It's the not knowing part which is the hardest part and keeps people in limbo.

Every single piece of debris found will offer additional critical clues to an explanation of what happened. If an object the size of the flaperon has drifted to Reunion then there's a better than 50% chance other similar debris followed the same wind and currents. This debris, all of it, is critical information in an explanation...even if the main wreckage is never found (which at this point seems likely).

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I have read your motorcycle story i have seen it too it smashed into the car that took us over.

i wasn't expecting to read what you have written.. reading it feels (felt) like a cut.. I have to say i am sorry about the way i reacted to this story completely careless.. I truly cant even grasp the reality of such things
thank u for saying what u did
edit on 16-9-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Nearly two months after debris from the vanished Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 washed up on Reunion Island, a large object reportedly floating off the island has piqued the interest of French officials there.

An Air France pilot reported seeing "a white object" floating in the Indian Ocean on Tuesday morning about 70 kilometers (43 miles) northwest of the French island, said Siva Vadivelou, assistant director of the French Civil Aviation Authority on Reunion.

www.cnn.com...

Hopefully a ship will investigate.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
That plane has been shot by secret weapons. I think it might have vaporized.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
sometimes i think it's a shame there's no way to really give negative feedback in an intelligent way..

This is / was a serious aircraft disaster. Several hundred people lost their lives.

There is not even the remotest indication any "secret weapons" were used in the loss of this craft. None. do you have link, any proof...even a shred of a theory???????

I wish I cold say the loss of MH370 was an easy solution, but it isn't.

Zaphod is the resident expert here in aviation, but I work in the business (I live in it). Zaphod is quite well informed, and I defer to him. I am very matter of fact about incidents. As a pilot, I understand about crew management, cockpit management, radio professionalism and overall Safety Management. It's part of the job; it IS the job.

Equally, I also wonder about incidents like MH370. There are so many things which just don't add up, and so many which do.

I guess I just wonder.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Zaphod58

that is so cool having input from people with hands on experience I didn't know that about u guys..

a girl ditsy question but this is just me having no clue if u feel like it I wanted to ask, you can also easily just ignore this

true/ not true

the very first thing about the flight for me was if any of the 239 people texted or called or used they phone to post something to social media or emailed anyone before take off

it is kind of my thing to do with my parents I or they text or call to say I love u before take off

beside the Iranian guy posting something on Facebook at the airport and two passengers possibly sending something on Chinese social media that cannot be identified because is china(?)
and the pilot making a phone call to mystery woman on an number that was bought with false id (bottom line malaysian police denying any investigation about this "phone call" ) I can not in the world find somewhere someone using the mobile before take off but already inside the plane

but I can't find anything on this topic
just something that you guys can correc me on.. I remember reading on Internet how five of "what ever this device is" can power of mobiles on the entire plane
edit on 16-9-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dissidentx
That plane has been shot by secret weapons. I think it might have vaporized.
When something is vaporized it vanishes with almost no trace except maybe some ashes, like your breaking news thread. It doesn't leave remnants behind like flaperons.

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Equally, I also wonder about incidents like MH370. There are so many things which just don't add up, and so many which do.

I guess I just wonder.
It's one of the greatest aviation mysteries ever, though at least the recovered flaperon deals with some of the crazier theories about the aircraft making a safe landing somewhere; the flaperon suggests it didn't.

I hear all kinds of people saying why they think something similar to this couldn't have happened to MH-370, but I haven't found any of the arguments for that claim convincing. Even the argument at the end of this article is not convincing at all, because the plane was subject to different conditions at altitude than on the ground (far less oxygen outside the plane at altitude), so inferring what would happen at altitude based on what happened on the ground is problematic.

Experts believe a fire in the cockpit of a Boeing 777 at Cairo Airport in July 2011 holds the key to the mystery of MH370

That's one major possibility and the other could be the cargo they were carrying, a relatively large quantity of batteries which could have overheated and caused problems. Of course there are many other theories too but those two stick out in my mind.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Well, a couple things...

First, current aviation regulations call for all mobile devices to be turned off and stowed once the aircraft has begun to move (actually before it can move). This includes all mobile phones, radios and devices which can transmit and or receive a signal. So, while there may have been phone calls and/or texts sent while MH370 was at the gate, once the aircraft began to move most, if not all, of those devices should have been stowed.

Second, contrary to common belief cell phones actually have a very short range. This is the whole premise behind "cellular" technology (you move from one nearby "cell" to another as you move around on the ground (say in a car for example). Once a commercial airliner is airborne most of these devices wouldn't work anyway, certainly at cruise altitude and over water. These devices would be out of range of any cell towers. Malaysia has pretty spotty cellular coverage anyway with most communications being near population densities like large cities. Once you get away from these areas cellular coverage, even on the ground, becomes intermittent at best. When you add altitude off the ground into the equation this situation is only compounded. If you look at the flight path of MH370 after it departed Kuala Lumpur and compare this to the statement above you will quickly see that any cellular phones remaining on after departure, and while still at low altitudes, would have quickly been out of range rendering them useless.

Unfortunately, the notion that passengers could have sent messages during the events which (apparently) took place out over the South China Sea is just wishful thinking with no real basis in fact. This is the reason there isn't any cellular or text traffic from MH370.

The only type of a communication device which would have worked aboard MH370 would have been a VHF radio, an HF radio...or a satellite phone. Most people don't carry VHF or HF radios on their person so the chances of comms from one of these devices from somewhere other than the flight deck seems pretty remote. Now interestingly, this leaves sat-phones as the only remaining option. Theoretically a sat-phone would work at cruise. They're expensive, but some people do carry them. It's not very common, but they do exist more now days than in the past. However, I am unaware of any evidence of someone attempting to communicate via one of these devices from MH370.

Hopefully this answers your question(s).

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Can't someone take a few of these flights out of Malaysia and just use their phones and devices so we can have a definitave answer on this cell phone question.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join