It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH370 speculation sparked by debris found on Indian Ocean island

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It appears that the flaperon was discovered further up the beach about a month ago. The person didn't realise the significance of the part and didn't report it.

Sky News UK ran a piece to camera from the island on the flaperon being spotted earlier. The claim was that others have come forward to say that they had seen the same aircraft part a month ago in the surf. The claim was that it was spotted at a different location further up the beach. Possibly the claim is true? Possibly the people that have come forward just dismissed it at the time as a piece of old boat wreckage?

Another group of people told Sky News they saw what could have been the same debris a month ago, further up the beach, meaning it could have been floating around the Reunion coast for some time.

Video at following link.

Video: MH370 Debris Found 'A Month Ago'

Video Link

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

You should change your name from Rocker to "Debunker2013". If your reply is solely based on computer modelling explanations, you'll need more than that to convince me otherwise. Most computer simulators are can be wrong. They have been used for weather patterns and the weather patterns can be wrong too. You haven't explained on how the wind-flap became barnacled over a 18 month period. There is no salt water erosion on the plane part.

The plane part is sent to France to surpress the truth. The French authorities hid the truth on the assassination/murder of Princess Diana. If one wants to hide the truth or corrupt evidence, go to France(watch "Unlawful Killing"). BTW, France wants to operate in secrecy in examining the wing-flap. Why? The Authorities involved want to cover-up because the cost of finding the MAL-370 is 70 Million and counting. They placed a price tag on closure.

Pretty naive of you to say for me to gather the evidence when I am not a member of the search team. I can interpret the evidence as they bring it to light. I'll take a page from the skeptics and say more evidence is needed. Show me the complete reconstructed MAL-370 in a air safety investigator hanger and I'll shut up.
edit on 2-8-2015 by RossWellOldMexico because: (no reason given)

If you want to debate, debate then, But don't be insulting my intelligence. If you continue to be snarky towards me. I'll ignore your reply next time.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: RossWellOldMexico

The French have no alternative but to investigate the flaperon. This is standard International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) procedure. The wreckage was found in French territory so the investigation comes under their jurisdiction. There were also four French nationals onboard MH370. Absolutely nothing unusual in the French sending the flaperon for further investigation to a research facility in France.

What about the barnacles? They have been identified as Lepas Anatifera. It is an open sea barnacle. Absolutely nothing unusual in barnacles attaching themselves to such a piece as a flaperon. All it takes is the flaperon to come in contact with other barnacle carrying flotsam, driftwood, debris and the transfer takes place. Why is that such a mystery?

english.astroawani.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: RossWellOldMexico
Most computer simulators are can be wrong.

Actually, most computer simulations are remarkably accurate, provided there is enough solid data with which to program them.

They have been used for weather patterns and the weather patterns can be wrong too.

That's because weather patterns are incredibly complex, and we don't yet have the ability to measure (or even know) all the variables involved. I take it you're not a programmer.

You haven't explained on how the wind-flap became barnacled over a 18 month period.

Do you know what barnacles are? They'll start to attach themselves to basically any solid surface in a matter of days. After a year plus, it would be a miracle if a solid, durable surface wasn't covered in barnacles. FYI, at least one professional marine biologist had already determined that barnacles have been present on the flaperon that washed ashore for the same length of time that the plane has been missing. source

The plane part is sent to France to surpress the truth.

No, it was sent to France because Réunion is a French island, and because four of the unfortunate passengers on that flight were French citizens.

The French authorities hid the truth on the assassination/murder of Princess Diana.

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

If one wants to hide the truth, go to France.

Here's a better idea: Why don't you go to France and see if you can come up with any evidence to support your silly claims?

BYW, France wants to operate in secrecy in examining the wing-flap.

Now you're just lying. There are investigators and officials from a number of countries in France at this very moment to assist the Bureau d'Enquetes et d'Analyses with the identification, including (but not limited to): The United States (NTSB), Australia (ATSB), Malaysia (with representatives from the official Malaysian MH370 team, Malaysia Airlines, the Department of Civil Aviation, and the Malaysian Transport Ministry), and a team of investigators from Boeing.

Why?

Excellent question. Why are you lying about what's happening in France? What's your agenda?

The Authorities involved want to cover-up because the cost of finding the MAL-370 is 70 Million and counting. They placed a price tag on closure.

More lies.

Pretty naive of you to say for me to gather the evidence when I am not a member of the search team.

Pretty naive of you to make the ridiculous, false statements that you have, especially when they're so easily proven to be false.

I can interpret the evidence as they bring it to light.

I think I'll take the word of several dozen professionals from multiple countries over your nonsensical 'interpretations', thanks.

I'll take a page from the skeptics and say more evidence is needed.

...Which is exactly why further analysis and investigation is currently taking place. Imagine that.

Show me the complete reconstructed MAL-370 in a air safety investigator hanger and I'll shut up.

How, pray tell, do you propose that an aircraft that hasn't been located and is almost certainly in pieces on the ocean floor be reconstructed? You really didn't think this through, did you?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

You haven't explained on how the wind-flap became barnacled over a 18 month period. There is no salt water erosion on the plane part.

The flaperon assembly is made up of Aluminium Alloy and composite material. (Carbon Fibre Reinforced Plastic/Glass Reinforced Plastic) What sort or erosion do you expect to see on this type of construction if the wreckage is from MH370 timeline? Aluminium boat hulls when painted fair very well, so why can't this flaperon with it's painted construction?

See following links for images of a Boeing 777 flaperon.

www.airliners.net...

www.airliners.net...

www.airliners.net...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Report of a plane door being found on Reunion Island.

news.sky.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo

news.sky.com...

Just saw that. News outlets are just starting to pick this up. Haven't been able to find any pictures yet, though.

Assuming it's true (and I see no reason to believe otherwise), this door should be able to definitively prove whether or not this wreckage is, in fact, from MH370. A flaperon may not have any numbers on it that can be directly linked with a specific aircraft, but I'm pretty sure a door does.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Wow

thank you for adding all this in ..

I still get overwhelmed that people are willing to share like this

and that things do matter to people here..

i wound never come across any of this I formation without you ats

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It's good that they're finding some of the wreckage but I guess we'll never know what happened.
It's no surprise they didn't find the plane after it went missing, the ocean is freaking huge but at least now we're starting to get the pieces of wreckage.

The family are rightly suspicious and outraged, they've been treated appallingly from the very start of this.
My thoughts are with them.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

news.sky.com...

It was earlier thought that the object found was the door of a plane, but Bowden said that could now not be confirmed.

He said it was taken away by police in a box that was about one foot (30cm) square.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

You should change your name from Rocker to "Debunker2013". If your reply is solely based on computer modelling explanations, you'll need more than that to convince me otherwise.

My explanation isn't solely based on computer modeling of tidal patterns, it's based on the physical evidence clearly washing up on that beach, combined with absolutely lack of any evidence at all the conspiracy theorists have for their ridiculous theories.

Offer evidence for what you claim, to adequately compete with the evidence we have so far, then maybe the sane and sensible might consider your conspiracies to be more convincing.

Most computer simulators are can be wrong. They have been used for weather patterns and the weather patterns can be wrong too. You haven't explained on how the wind-flap became barnacled over a 18 month period. There is no salt water erosion on the plane part.

All simulation programs can be wrong.
The thing is, they're more right than people believing a plane was taken by aliens, shot down by the CIA, or flown in secret to an island for use as a weapon...

Marine biologist Joseph Pouplin from the French naval academy in Brest told the newspaper that these crustaceans could have attached themselves to the debris for several months or a year.

Guardian

I think I'll trust the educated opinions of Marine Biologists over a clearly wrong conspiracy theorist seemingly making up claims as they go along.

The plane part is sent to France to surpress the truth. The French authorities hid the truth on the assassination/murder of Princess Diana. If one wants to hide the truth or corrupt evidence, go to France(watch "Unlawful Killing"). BTW, France wants to operate in secrecy in examining the wing-flap. Why? The Authorities involved want to cover-up because the cost of finding the MAL-370 is 70 Million and counting. They placed a price tag on closure.

So your paranoias and fears of conspiracy are all the proof you need?
It's being taken to France because the Island of Reunion is FRENCH.
They also have a considerable team of investigators and are a world leader in such.
The rest just your paranoid opinion.

Pretty naive of you to say for me to gather the evidence when I am not a member of the search team. I can interpret the evidence as they bring it to light. I'll take a page from the skeptics and say more evidence is needed. Show me the complete reconstructed MAL-370 in a air safety investigator hanger and I'll shut up.

Here's how evidence works... you read, see, experience evidence for one thing, and you base your opinions on all that available information. If something else appears to give you reason to change what you believe, then you consider how this impacts on what you already know.
Right now, we have a wealth of evidence showing that the plane ditched into the ocean, and that the debris is now washing up on an island which was PREDICTED BY COMPUTER MODELING OF TIDAL PATTERNS to be in the way of any debris flow from the estimated crash region.

In contrast, you have absolutely no evidence to claim anything else. You have based everything you believe on paranoia and suspicion. You have absolutely nothing to base your opinions on other than a conspiracy based on absolutely no evidence at all.

You don't need access to anything more than the rest of us have access to. So, how come the rest of the planet can see the available evidence and come to logical conclusions based on that evidence, but you need to manufacture your reasons for suspicion and to invent claims which are clearly not true to support your own conspiracy?

If you want to debate, debate then, But don't be insulting my intelligence. If you continue to be snarky towards me. I'll ignore your reply next time.

If you want to believe I'm being "snarky" then so be it.
Yes, it irritates me that people spread bs, make up excuses to believe in a conspiracy, and actively try to persuade people to believe their nonsense using factually incorrect information anyone here can find for themselves and debunk if they would just Google.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Assuming it's true (and I see no reason to believe otherwise), this door should be able to definitively prove whether or not this wreckage is, in fact, from MH370. A flaperon may not have any numbers on it that can be directly linked with a specific aircraft, but I'm pretty sure a door does.

I think it's plausible they will be finding more evidence in the coming days and weeks and that collectively this will conclusively prove that the plane did ditch in the area they have been searching.

I think luggage is going to be key here, in all honesty. At least, that's going to be definitive for the families. There's a lot of modern luggage likely to be out there which might in fact have remained intact. While we can all understand that canvas luggage would have been destroyed by water and sun damage, more modern solid design luggage might actually be found intact and water-tight.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I agree. I was just reading an article about half an hour ago that said they're going to test the piece of a suitcase that was found for DNA. Between that, the flaperon that washed up, and the debris that will inevitably wash up in the coming days and weeks, I have no doubt that they'll be able to positively identify the source as MH370, and possibly even find where it went down.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I have a feeling that alot more pieces will be found over the next few weeks, that will lead to a confirmation they're from flight MH370.
My question is though. Why now?
Why has it taken this long for the pieces to reach the surface? They must have been down really deep.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

news.sky.com...

Just saw that. News outlets are just starting to pick this up. Haven't been able to find any pictures yet, though.

Am I not correct in stating that the flaperon is custom built for the 777's? Clarify- the 777's flaperon were custom built for that make and model not insinuating that only 777 have flaperons.

Wouldn't also several of the individual pieces making up the flaperon (primarily the frame) have individual serial numbers?
edit on 2-8-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Honestly, I haven't got a clue lol. I know there was at least one number (or part of one) on the flaperon that was found (BB670 or something), but I've seen conflicting statements about whether or not that's a part number or a serial number or a maintenance code, or what. I'm sure one of our resident aviation gurus will be along shortly with a better answer.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hello not sure if this is here.. Moderators I will appreciate help if this needs editing.. Still trying to figure out the rules for articles and referencing.. much appreciated.. sorry if this is already mentioned elwhere

And the testimony of Mr Ferrier and Isabelle raises the question that hundreds of items could have been washing up on Reunion for the past few months, with no one paying any attention. Mr Ferrier has not told his tale until now because he has been in hospital for several days; Saturday was his first day back at his home, 300 metres from the beach.

Mr Ferrier had no idea of the significance of the object. Flotsam and jetsam washed up are part of his everyday life on the inhospitable beach, where nobody dares to enter the fierce waves and shark-infested waters.
"I found a couple of suitcases too, around the same time, full of things," he said, almost in passing.

Nicolas Ferrier barely gave the blue seat a second glance. As he carried out his daily patrol of the wild shores of Reunion, picking up debris from the jet black sands and giant boulders, it seemed to him like just another piece of rubbish – a bus seat, perhaps, or a hang glider's chair.
"It wasn't until Wednesday that it hit me what it could have been," said Mr Ferrier. "It was probably part of that plane."

Ferrier spotted the seat in early May. And yesterday he told his story for the first time – up until now, no one but his wife has known about the find.

Read more: www.smh.com.au...

Scientists say there are several plausible scenarios in which ocean currents could have carried a piece of debris from the plane to the island.
But Australian search authorities, who are leading the Indian Ocean hunt for the aircraft some 4000 kilometres from Reunion, said they were confident the main debris field was in the current search area.
Martin Dolan, chief commissioner of the Australian Transport Safety Bureau, which is leading the search for the passenger jet, said the discovery did not mean other parts would start washing up on the island.
"Over the last 16 or 17 months, any floating debris would have dispersed quite markedly across the Indian Ocean," he said.
And by Saturday the beach was beginning to empty again.
"In the month of May, if I had realised, there would have been even more bits," said Mr Ferrier. "There was a lot of evidence on the beach. But the sea took it away.
"I think they'll find more though," he added.
"I've seen quite a lot – and I wasn't even looking."
Telegraph, London

Read more: www.smh.com.au...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Why staged? to what end? I cant think why it would be staged..so no.

There are several possible reasons why this could be staged.

The most obvious reason is to put the entire MH370 story to bed and gain closure for the relatives.

If the debris is deemed to be part of MH370, it will then be believed that the jet crashed, broke up and is at the bottom of the Indian Ocean, in small pieces..and the story, and the search, and the conspiracy theories and the 'not knowing' will all come to an end.

That's good reason enough to stage the 'debris find' when there is absolutely NO concrete answers about this subject.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance
off topic : flames from water.. cool .. never heard about it before.. don’t mind me please just reading around

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk
I have a feeling that alot more pieces will be found over the next few weeks, that will lead to a confirmation they're from flight MH370.
My question is though. Why now?
Why has it taken this long for the pieces to reach the surface? They must have been down really deep.

The currents were predicted by computer modeling to move any potential debris in that direction.

If you drop a bunch of sticks in a river and run downstream they'll arrive having been carried on that current. I really don't know why this is so suspicious to people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join