It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love and Tolerance for those Outside Your Religion - Never Judgment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Insired by an Anti-Gay thread.

To the Christians

They were told not to judge those outside of their church.

It isn't my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning.

God will judge those on the outside; but as the Scriptures say, "You must remove the evil person from among you." - 1 Corinthians 5:12-13

To the Jews

The Jews were told to Love the foreigner, non-convert, living among them and treat them like brothers. If the foreigner converted he would not be considered a foreigner any longer, because he would be considered an Isrealite. So these passages must be about non-converts.

33 “‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. 34 The Foreigner residing among youmust be treated as your Native Born. Love them as Yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God. - Leviticus 19:33

18 He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing. And you are to Love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt. - Deuteronomy 10:16-19

And the Muslims,

Note to non Muslims, you can find many negative verses on how Muslims are to treat disbelievers, but here is the rule they must follow.

Fight in the cause of God those who start fighting you, but do not transgress limits (or start the attack); for God loves not transgressors. - 2:190

No forced conversion

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in God has grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And hears and knows all things. - 2:256

"The truth is from your Lord": it is the freewill of any person to believe in God or to be an disbeliever. - 18:29

God is the Judge

For behold, unto Us will be their return, Then it will be for Us to Judge. - 88:25-26

Those who believe in the Quran, those who follow the Torah, and the Sabians, Christians, Magians, and Polytheists,- God will judge between them on the Day of Judgment: for God is witness of all things. - 22:17

If you don't believe gays, or any other group you would like to hate, are part of your religion, I am sure they don't want any part of your religion.

None of the Abrahamic scriptures permit either forced conversion, or judgment of non-converts All were told to Love and accept the non-converts who live peacefully among them.

Stop judging those who you were told to Love and Tolerate as Neighbors, and specifically told Not to Judge.

When Christians, Jews and Muslims start practicing tolerance, then they will prove they actually believe in their own scriptures. - Stop chery picking and condemning your neighbors to hell, since You are not God. Leave to God what he commanded you to leave to him.

Does anyone actually follow the words in their Holy Books?

edit on 30-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Love and tolerance

Why I stopped going to church and became an even greater person.

Only the great creator can judge us. We as men have no reference to judge others because we ourselves are not perfect.

Good post OP.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73
you title suggest that all religious people of any denomination simply TOLERATE us non-believers.
What an insult. it is the rest of the world that TOLERATES religion.
THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL. religions preach EVIL.
I would like to put it to the rest of us that the world tolerates religion. Even though a very large percentage of us need no rules to live our lives the right way.
Do non- religious people not feel love, compassion, guilt happiness, sense of duty to our fellow man, (religious or not. We want a better world fo all ). we TOLERATE all the religious evil because we are more intellectually independent than religious followers
I need not be told I am doing the right thing because I know by the love that is returned to me.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: chewi

you title suggest that all religious people of any denomination simply TOLERATE us non-believers.
What an insult. it is the rest of the world that TOLERATES religion.
THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.

87% of the world is religious

If man could act in the ways of a deity we wouldnt need Gods, but you forget you are bonded by your instincts.
The love you feel is an ideal, based on fear.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: grappo
you answered your own question. You seem to need religion to break free from fear. I feel for frightened people. I am in no fear whatsoever.
87% of the world is religious. I see them going to worship at the overcrowded churches we posses. Out of that 87% how many have LOST FAITH.
It is a known fact that 90% of statistics are wrong. Hang on that might be wrong it could be as little as 4%.
Evolve and rise above your ape like instincts. Just because you have limitations and feel FEAR doesn't mean some can rise above.
Why do you think religion is failing. FEAR of a denominated diety is being broken down in large %s
be brave

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

You see 87% looking for an answer.

Evolve and rise above your ape like instincts. Just because you have limitations and feel FEAR doesn't mean some can rise above.

I dont see myself as God, i see myself as a Child of Gaya. I see myself as a primate who lives in balance with nature, the society i live in and raised by is a secular, our society has the same cultural ideals for everyone living here but your beliefs are your own, wether its one of the Abrahamic books or a pagan religion. The purpose of religion is to hand down in generations knowledge about survival, moral, ethics and ideals. If you dont understand the purpose of religion then i dont see the point of a discussion when your opinion is based on a stereotype.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

tolerate

allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one does not necessarily like or agree with) without interference.

I think this is exactly what the religious need to do, and the atheist as well.

It would be better for you to tolerate my opinion than attack it, otherwise you are no better than the intolerant within religion.

You are making too much out of a word that I have used in it's proper context.

I have no idea why you think someone asking for tolerance would not tolerate your viewpoint. I did not attack the irreligious, nor did I claim the atheist does not comprehend Love, or anything else for that matter.

I am not seeking converts. I happen to like Nieche and agree with much of his ideology found in "Thus spoke Zathustra". You are unfairly labeling me, which is exactly what this thread was discouraging.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

I am not seeking converts. I happen to like Nieche and agree with much of his ideology found in "Thus spoke Zathustra".

Bad bad book, if he lived a couple of centuries before they would have hanged him for witchcraft.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I can only apologise if you think it an attack SORRY.
I

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Insired by an Anti-Gay thread.

To the Christians

They were told not to judge those outside of their church.

According to The Gospel, those who judge and condemn will also be judged and condemned just as harshly (Luke 6:37-38). That's why it's important to love and forgive. According to The Gospel, what you do comes back to you.
edit on 30-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Live and let live.

That's all folks!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Yes, of the three Abrahamic religions the NT is the most specific about not judging others. But some Christians still like to believe they have a God given right to condemn anyone to hell that doesn't believe exactly what they believe, even other Christian denominations.

It saddens me that the beautiful teachings of Jesus Christ are poisoned in this way.

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. - Amen
Mahatma Gandhi

Religion has such potential to be a positive force for humanity, unfortunately man has destroyed that potential.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: chewi
I can only apologise if you think it an attack SORRY.
I

It is ok, I am used to being categorized as typical religious folk. However, I am far from typical when it comes to religion. I think God has a plan for us all, and leave eternal judgment to him.

In my life I have been friends with all different religious folk and a few who I would call agnostic or atheist. And I have found that once you can set aside religion it really isn't that hard to find Love in the people you associate with.

I believe Jesus when he said to Love your neighbor as yourself is the foundation we should all build are faith on. And condemning someone is not loving, as I myself have been condemned by others.

I have no ill feelings toward you, I understand your point completely.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Can you elaborate on what is Bad about the book?

I find the premise of the Overman to be a caricature of Christ and other prominent historical figures, minus the religious dogma.

An overman as described by Zarathustra, the main character in Thus Spoke Zarathustra, is the one who is willing to risk all for the sake of enhancement of humanity.

In contrary to the last man whose sole desire is his own comfort and is incapable of creating anything beyond oneself in any form.

This should suggest that an overman is someone who can establish his own values as the world in which others live their lives, often unaware that they are not pregiven. This means an overman can affect and influence the lives of others.

In other words, an overman has his own values, independent of others, which affects and dominates others, lives that may not have predetermined values but only herd instinct.

An overman is then someone who has a life which is not merely to live each day with no meanings when nothing in the past and future is more important than the present, or more precisely, the pleasure and happiness in the present, but with the purpose for humanity.

In Nietzsche's view, an overman should be able to affect history indefinitely. He will keep reentering the world through other people's minds and affect their thoughts and values.
ccrma.stanford.edu...

I think many people forget how unpopular Christ's teachings were at the time because they are so widely accepted today, even by those who don't follow Christian religious dogma.

Nieche himself was unable to appreciate the message of Jesus Christ because he could only see the message through the ideologies of religious fundamentalism. If he was able to look past the exterior he would have seen that Jesus is the type of Overman that he was describing.

The only significant difference between the two philosophies is this; Jesus taught that the Internal voice of Virtue was the Divine Holy Spirit, while Nieche believed the Internal driving force of Virtue was something that evolved.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I prefer acceptance over tolerance. Otherwise it comes across as "yer a bloomin' disgrace but I heart you anyway"

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
I prefer acceptance over tolerance. Otherwise it comes across as "yer a bloomin' disgrace but I heart you anyway"

I understand your point, but I think tolerance is a prerequisite for acceptance. Once, if ever, we have tolerance then we can work on acceptance. I would love to leap from ignorance to acceptance, but I think tolerance must come first.

new topics

top topics

join