It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow like outlines of bodies walking in the dark.. freakin me out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Hello,

This is one of my first threads started on ATS. Ive been reading this forum for a while and I really like all the science based info on here. Im 18 and find it real interesting to read new discoveries in the science field in my free time.

But back to my story. Sometimes at night, right before I fall asleep, I will watch shadow like outlines of people walk into my room. It seems to be like darker outlines of people in the already dark room. Its prompted me many times to leave a light on when I sleep and now I always sleep with some sort of protection under my bed. Now I honestly cant be sure whether this is my mind playing some sort of visual tricks on me because Im so tired, or that its really occuring. Either way, it scares me like hell. I can remember when I was about 12 I was laying in bed and I was so paranoid of things walking into my room I put the covers over my head. Then after a few minutes I felt, what seemed to be, alot of finger like things poking at me under my blankets all over my body. I was on the top bed of a bunk bed and theres no way it was another sibling. I screamed for my dad and mom until they got to my room and the poking stopped right before they got into the room. Whether these events have any connection, its still just some stories of odd events that have happened in my life. Maybe tonight Ill bring my digital camera up to bed with me just incase I see any of the outlines. Most of the time Im just too scared to even look because of what they might be.

Anyway, thanks for reading my post and please leave some responses.

-Nick350

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Research the history of your house. There might be some interesting history in your house.

Then again it may be tricks your mind is playing on you. When it is dark and anything seems scary because you don't really know whats there.

But if you think there is more there do some research on your house. Look up previous owners, find if anything has happened in your house eg deaths.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   
These sound a lot like a phenomenon called Shadow People.

I went ahead and did a search on this, and found...

This thread probably saw the most activity:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some other threads on the subject:

I also had a thread on BTS on the subject, but I'm going to paste the
relevant info into ATS, because at the time I didn't know the difference between BTS and ATS.

My own experiences and thoughts on Shadow People...

[edit on 12/29/2004 by thelibra]

XL5

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hmmm, what ever it is, the fear you have is the real problem. Try to think of them as hot women poking you or something, just try something different because fear isn't working.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I have the same problem, have had it since I was a small child. It doesn't happen often and it happens more often when I am open to stuff.

I remember being 4 years old, I still shared a room with my sister and the closet people used to come out if the closet door wasn't shut. I remember screaming for my Mom in terror. Mom was just annoyed that I woke her up

To this day my kids closets MUST be shut. My closet is in the master bathroom and I will not have one IN my bedroom again!

I am editing to say I do not think that my closet people were shadowmen from the links I am reading. I think I have seen shadow people before, but not often. So strike the above!

[edit on 12/29/2004 by llpoolej]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Notice that its in that period in which you are falling asleep, where the sub concious and concious minds are 'mixing' so to speak. These things you see are 'delusions' (not the pathological type of course) that many people experience. Its along the lines of seeing dark figures out of the corner of your eye, and such.

can remember when I was about 12 I was laying in bed and I was so paranoid of things walking

It is not unusual for young children, or even adults really, to have night terrors and nightmares. Boogey men in the closet, monsters under the bed. Terrifying, very real at the time to be sure, and then utterly removed in the morning and in day light (usually anyway). Its the workings of your brain, not actual 'shadow people' running around. Its an irrational fear of the dark, not experience with things that are in it.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
have the shapes ever harmed you in any way ?
have they tried to communicate at all ?

maybe its your relatives that have passed watching over you ?

when I was about 6 or 7 I would see the figures I just dreamt about outside my window after I woke up, and they would slowly fade away. They would be very small, a foot high or so. It only happened 3 or 4 times, but I still remember it....maybe children are more perceptive or sensitive to these types of things ?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
no, thank god, they've never harmed me and never tried to communicate. This is probably because Ive always been too scared to look at/ think about them long enough. Ill pay some more attention to them next time they roll around.

It could very well be deceased realtives trying to talk to me. I've had about 5 extended family members die within the past 10 years, most notably, my uncle.

Whatever they may be, thanks for trying to help me understand them.

-Nick350

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thing brings up an interesting question, I think.

Perhaps I need to research it a bit more, but I wonder where ideas such as 'boogey man in the closet' came from. Was it a book, movie, or just some general human experience that a lot of people share?

Update:
Starting a new post

[edit on 29-12-2004 by radardog]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Shadow People

These sound a lot like a phenomenon called Shadow People.

My first thoughts as well...creepy bastards....

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I don't know if I've ever actually seen these things before, but maybe I did when I was younger, and I somehow forgot about it. I used to have night terrors and strange insomnia typed symptoms when I was little (I would occasionally walk down the hallway seeing strange things, sort of like sleepwalking, and I also used to stay up until early in the morning alone because I was scared to go to bed).
But for some reason, I've always left the light in my closet on. I have a closet in my room that's pretty big, and it has its own light inside that I never turn off. I have from time to time, but I've only slept with it off a few times. I have no idea why. I don't remember ever being scared of any strange people or even being scared of the dark, but I still leave that light on.

Sorry, just some comments in this thread made me think of that.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You have got to get out of bed and try and share the same space that they are in. Ghost hunters have trouble getting solid proof of manifestation. This is a unique opportunity for you to experience something new.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
hmm sounds very much like shadow people things on the wall you cant explain real dark areas that seem to move yeah ... . That closet thing brings up a fear i used to have of things in closet lol i no longer have the fear but dam i had some nightmares about what could come out of the closet.

top topics

join