It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The South is Locked and Loaded

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

agreed... disgusting to use the pulpit to promote such things IMO...

but in today's world, it seems to be effective..

shame on us..

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

Religious extremists in oil rich desert areas... sounds familiar.

Seriously, this is the scariest type of person. Using fear, misplaced indignation, and religion to incite violence against freedom and democracy. Promoting his American Shariah/Christian dominionist rhetoric is nothing short of insane. They aspire to being ISIS for Jesus. It's ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This god thing is becoming a bit of a problem.

Southerners are going to march north and to LA? This is almost comedy.
edit on 7/29/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
As someone who was born in the deep south, and currently lives in the deep south, I couldn't disagree with the video more - Most southerners are not locked and loaded - most have no interest in armed conflict over social/cultural issues, at least the vast majority of southerners I live/work with everyday. Funny you site Florida as your only contact with Southern people as Florida is probably one of the most culturally/socially diverse states in the US, and has a very large, socially accepted homosexual population.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I agree that the US needs to be fixed, but I don't agree with people who say they live by a book but pick and choose which parts they live by , if people would just leave each other alone and let them live the way they want to live and you live the way you want to live and everyone minds their own business then nobody gets hurt and people can just Be.
But our country can't seem to leave anyone alone so I don't see how we will ever have any piece until that can happen.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syyth007
As someone who was born in the deep south, and currently lives in the deep south, I couldn't disagree with the video more - Most southerners are not locked and loaded - most have no interest in armed conflict over social/cultural issues, at least the vast majority of southerners I live/work with everyday. Funny you site Florida as your only contact with Southern people as Florida is probably one of the most culturally/socially diverse states in the US, and has a very large, socially accepted homosexual population.

Especially in the major cities like Orlando & Miami/Fort Lauderdale. I'm originally from Florida & most of my extended family still lives there. The majority of Floridians are incredibly liberal on social issues, particularly racial & LGBT issues. Though there are some backwards & segregated areas too. So maybe those are the places they were talking about?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Syyth007

He is a master at using metiphor to "package" his sermon into a unique and thought provocing at many levels.

I only watch about one a year so it is fresh to me each time.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Hmm depends on what part of florida your in its multiple states like california. If you go to the panhandle it's more like bible territory

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

The bible teaches love and tolerance to your neighbors who do not share the same beliefs as you.

1 Corinthians 5:12-13
It isn't my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning.

God will judge those on the outside; but as the Scriptures say, "You must remove the evil person from among you."

When will Christians stop judging those who are outside of their beliefs? Since they are only permitted to judge those with the same beliefs and leave all other judgement to God?

If you don't believe gays are part of your church, I am sure they don't want any part of your church. So stop judging those who you were told to Love and Tolerate as Neighbors, and specifically told Not to Judge.

When Christians start practicing tolerance, then they will prove they actually believe in their own scriptures. - Stop chery picking and condemning your neighbors to hell, since You are not God.

Add -
The Jews were told the same thing by Moses.www.abovetopsecret.com...

And you can find the same message in the Quran.

Does anyone actually follow the words in their Holy Books?

edit on 29-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant
The other problem is this and it has been brewing for a long while, starting in the late 1960’s and early 1970’s. The number of people who want to associate with any church is steadily going down. And ultimately, it is the hypocrisy that is often shown, that disgusts people, combined with the different scandals of the different denominations is what is causing this decline and downfall.
This started with the raise of the cults, and the first major blow was Jonestown. Then there was the Moonies, where it came out about how Rev. Moon was living, and that was the start of the down fall. Then there were the murders of doctors by those who disagreed with them, using religion as an excuse. After that, then came the scandals with the churches, first it was the molestation of children by priests, then the fall of the more evangelical people for cheating the churches that they were representing or lying to their flocks about things. People see how the pastors are, and how they live.

Now one comes to the more modern day, and some of the more radical versions of the church’s seek to discriminate against one group of people. And it is getting personal, affecting many people in the country. People are becoming more and more shocked and reviled, that the message of forgiveness and love, is being corrupted, if not degraded to where it is more and more that of hate and revulsion, where religion is being used as justification to discriminate and persecute. This was more obvious when we saw the groups like WBC come forth and started protesting and winning law suits. Then you have more prominent persons, like the Duggar’s, whose very scandal shocked everyone to the point of revulsion, or the woman on switching spouses, who was so devout, that she pretty much made the country shake its head and laugh at her antics. These are not flattering but damming.

While not all denominations are the same, the reality is that many fail to see that people are not so stupid and do read, and read a lot. They are starting to see the fallacies of what many preachers are doing and it is sickening. A person who I met many years ago best stated it like this: Every time there is a scandal, every time one of these denominations use the bible as a weapon, every time they promote hate, ultimately they do more damage to all of the rest.

Currently the world is looking at the current Pope, for different reasons. But what is making news and what is getting peoples attention is what the pope is doing that is taking the world by shock, where he is starting to make changes and change the direction of the Catholic church, to be more inclusive and to cease its dogmatic clinging and interpretation, and forcing the Holy See to look within at its actions. The fact that he issued an apology towards native peoples for the actions of the prior church, shows that it is slow but changing its course, along with the removal of bishops and cardinals that are so hateful, shows some hope.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Wrong thread.

edit on 7/30/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Great, an admitted non-southerner promoting the "South is going to rise again" stereotype...

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Is there anything more evil than calling for genocide over a philosophical disagreement? How is this line of thinking any better than ISIS?

Only 4% of the population shares my agnostic beliefs, and I'm fine with that, I actually enjoy the challenge of being completely surrounded by philosophical disagreements. There is nothing the world capable of convincing me to murder my neighbors for living differently.

All my religious friends repeat the "only god can judge me" meme, but they don't seem as willing to offer that same protection from judgement to others who think differently. And when someone dies it's always "part of god's plan" but as soon as someone disagrees these assholes like manning, they want to take that responsibility from god's hands and put it into their own.

If manning is so concerned with people being turned off by religion, he should stop doing his part to make it look bad.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join