It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens may well land in 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The following presupposes:

1. Aliens are visiting us
2. Aliens have a non-intervention policy
3. Aliens are benevolent
4. The end-times have begun

Now, the alien non-intervention policy probably dictates the terms that they are not allowed to make contact with developing civilizations, for that will somehow translate into corruption of it's natural evolution.

However, if that civilization was on the brink of destruction, then the non-intervention policy no longer seems necessary. If an alien civilization can oversee our best interests by not making their presence known, then surely if we reach a point of no return and inflict on ourselves irrepairable damage, that our growth can no longer be corrupted, and the non-intervention policy would become void; resulting in alien intervention.

Now, if we are indeed in our end times as a civilization, due to climate changes; disease; civil wars; nuclear wars; then the above should apply and 2012 may well be the year when Aliens physically intervene.

Yet, does this mean contact?

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
didnt someone predict the end of the world or something to be in 2012?
Nastradamus or someone?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
no, Nostradamus said the world will end in like 3047. but i think nostradmus is a joke. Aliens may not intervene or make themselves known until they think we are advanced enough.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
maybe we dont have to wait that long.... i think the time is pretty good now, all we need are more people of telepathic communication and they'd be right over.

what do you think they are waiting for?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I don't think the aliens will land any time soon, because nothing has really changed, if they were to land next year they could as well have landed this year.

Something must change before they land, I don't know what, but I'm sure they are waiting, maybe for wars to stop on earth or something.

There's no way you can predict they will land in 2012, because you don't know what will happen from now til then, you don't know when the changes they are waiting for will happen.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Mayan praophecies predict a new era to begin Dec 22, 2012.

"The SKYGLOBE program reveals that just before the sun sets on Dec 22, 2001, Venus will sink below the western horizon and Pleiades will rise over the easten. As the sun actually sets, sp Orion rises, perhaps signifying the start of a new processional cycle and symbolically giving birth to a new world age. What this will mean for us physically in terms of the earths geology we can only guess - but it might invlove the lost continent."
The Mayan Prophecies
Adrian Gilbert & Maurice Cotterell

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Why 2012? Where does the information come from to verifythese claims?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Most of the 2012 idea stems from both the ending of the Mayan calendar, and an interpretation of the grand steps of the Great Pyramid. There are other less reliable sources, alleging some Illuminati/Government connections pointing to it as well.

Because of all of this, many believe some kind of world-altering event will take place toward the end of that year. Hell, they may be right. But any guesses as to what that will be (if anything), are really nothing more than guesses.

I'm seriously hoping we learn the truth about aliens before 2012, but if not, at least in my lifetime would be good....

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Remote viewing Tibetan monks -- India Daily -- 26th December 2004

Scientific interpretation of the monks� statements makes it evident that the Extra Terrestrial powers are watching us every step of the way. They will intervene in 2012 and save the world from self-destruction.

Well these guys would agree with you, but would the governments admit to the people of the world, such a thing had happened. Personally i would say nope, but you never know.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

1. Aliens are visiting us

I agree that they are visiting, although I have seen no "proof", just good evidence...

2. Aliens have a non-intervention policy

Do you have a reason why you use this as an example, or is this just an opinion?

3. Aliens are benevolent

Same question as above...

4. The end-times have begun

Again, same question as above...

Now, if we are indeed in our end times as a civilization, due to climate changes; disease; civil wars; nuclear wars; then the above should apply and 2012 may well be the year when Aliens physically intervene.

Do you have anything to back up the facts that the climates are irregular? Also, war is nothing new, and I don't think that the wars around the world are happening more frequently either...just that we hear more about them with the ability to spread news developes. Do you know that wars are happening more frequently?

Not trying to sound rude, but these are some pretty generalized comments, and none of them really show how you calculate the year 2012 either.

[edit on 29-12-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by c00ster
Nastradamus or someone?

We got wiped out sevral times back in 1999 2001 2003 and probably and bunch of other times.

Contact hopefully not.

I don't want C to end

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm seriously hoping we learn the truth about aliens before 2012, but if not, at least in my lifetime would be good....

I second you Gazrok -I wish it would happen as soon as possible, many question could be answered than I hope

But I'm afraid we have to wait - how long - nobody knows

edited -maybe somebody know -but he/she/they don't want to tell...

[edit on 29-12-2004 by jazzgul]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
sorry shorty, what was that about being wiped out in '99,etc...?

and what do you mean by C?

edit:

i guess you meant century, but what was that about the mass extinctions? just curious....

[edit on 29/12/2004 by baaronhaile]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I was just watching tv on how the bible code predicts that a giant meteor is going to hit the Earth in 2012 and destroy everything. Anyone think the aliens have been tracking that meteor and have documented in the myan calandars, etc. that it will return to the earth in 2012? Perhaps they will return to see what happens, or if we are lucky, to blast it or divert it.
The ultimate game of Asteroids.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I think lots of things will happen in 2012, but alien show, possibly earlier. 2012 is the target date for the implementation of the New World Religion by the illuminati, and also the target end date to rebuild solomons temple and destroy dome of the rock. New World Religion will encompass a male/female god figure, I believe Diana and Emmanuel (jesus) will be the ones...

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Do you have anything to back up the facts that the climates are irregular? Also, war is nothing new, and I don't think that the wars around the world are happening more frequently either...just that we hear more about them with the ability to spread news developes. Do you know that wars are happening more frequently?

Not trying to sound rude, but these are some pretty generalized comments, and none of them really show how you calculate the year 2012 either.

It's an educated guess based on many factors:

1. Prophecies
2. Intuition
3. Extrapolation
4. Surge in volcanic and earthquake activity
5. New World Order
6. Global instability and WWIII
7. Logic

The logic is that if Aliens have a non-intervention policy, which it would seem so, then it should become void, if we go beyond a point of no return and inflict on ourselves irrepariable damage. As that seems likely, to me at least, in the time-frame of 2005-2012, it may well be that 2012(end of Mayan calender) may well coincide with the end of human civilization as it stands today.

However, as this is my opinion annd cannot be proven, it's just a cause of wait and watch and see if I'm right.

[edit on 30-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Source = the bible

The "aliens" who will land will be Jesus Christ and his vast army. Movies have long ago begun the brainwashing that the "aliens" will envade earth to enslave humans. The anti-christ will gather earths armies to repel the "invasion" somewhere called "meggido".

Many events will happen between now and then. Massive astroid showers, and as the link shows, a very large asteroid. Nuclear war between the Muslims and Christians will breakout in the years preceeding 2012. Biowarfare will also happen.

The next 8 years will be the most horrible in mankinds history........

[edit on 30-12-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
i aint buying this one single bit. People are just now beginning to realize they are living in a living moving environment that is far from safe and it will never be safe.
The whole idea of humans overcoming and "enslaving" nature that we were thought in school is a bunch of nonsense. Instead of living with the nature this civilization (and god knows how many before it) decided to go against it and will have to suffer greatly becouse of it.
Like you need predictions to predict great loss of life if there are millions of people living in all the possible dangerous places on the planet. Its all just one great disaster waiting to happen.
As for aliens they might as well show up pretty soon, but what can they do? Freeze all the water? Evacuate human race? To where, like there is a safe place in the universe anyway.
The only thing that can save humanity in the long run is colonization of other planets, and yes, there will always be disasters and people dying, hey its part of life, LIVE WITH IT

Jesus will save you, right, count on it if you want, im not.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by c00ster
Nastradamus or someone?

Nearly everyone has,
just look on the internet and you will see lots of information surrounding the end of the world in 2012.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
You can find a small collection of 2012 type threads here. Of course this isn't an all encompassing list, so look around for more.

Very interesting thought on Jesus returning with his armies and being viewed as an alien army. I could see this playing out as mentioned. Let's throw out a few scripture verses as a basis for these claims.

Daniel 7:13
"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven."

Matthew 26:64
�Yes, it is as you say,� Jesus replied. �But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.�

Revelation 1:7
"Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen."

So what exactly are these clouds of heaven that Jesus will return with? I've asked several ministers their opinions on this and I always get a blank from them. It's obvious that we're not talking about fluffy white clouds here. It is something quite different from that. The last verse is especially interesting. If everyone can see him then we're talking about a very high altitude. Possibly a few hundred miles up in space. Picture Jesus returning with an army of UFOs and they put their army in orbit and wait for a bit. This sounds exactly like what is happening in the verses above.

But Jesus is God right? Why would he need a space ship to travel? One interesting explanation that I've seen is the comparison of Jesus walking on the water while his disciples were in a boat. Jesus could cross the sea of Galilee without a boat, but he usually rode in a boat because his disciples need a boat to cross. So it's possible that Jesus arrives in a spaceship (Clouds of Heaven) simply because his army needs a spaceship for traveling long distances. It's symbolic much like George Bush landing on the aircraft carrier. Did he need to be on the carrier to talk with his troops? No, we have means of communication that at one time in human history would have been considered magic. George Bush chose to ride on the carrier with the troops because he wanted to make it personal.

Of couse all of this is just interesting speculation. Still there is something very interesting behind the "Clouds of Heaven" verses. What's that about?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join