It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court bars anti-abortion group from releasing new videos

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

What will you do if it is found that Planned Parenthood was making a profit and was breaking the law by selling dead babies?

Will you, the others, admit to being wrong, or will you claim that it is a right-wing conspiracy?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion but I don't see what I can do for you. I'm not more qualified than lawyers who I'm sure already know the law and if they could have stopped this I'm sure they would have. Obviously there is more to it than what you are reading. In either case I can't help you.

But don't let that stop you.....Go do what you have to do I guess....I'm not saying you have to do anything.

WTF, why am I on the Dark Side now??? Because I can't help with legal advise????

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
but the employee from stem express was not in a resturant, go back and look at the video...
she is in an office! there's a big poster in the background in the back of the anatomy of a pregnant women.
and there's other things in the surrounding area that tells me it is an office!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Is that red herring I smell?

I'm wondering as well, is it illegal, let's just say in California, to masquerade as a medical professional or researcher ... if one isn't?

I mean, besides the fact that it's a lie and dishonest ... and caught on tape ... what's the limit on fraudulent identity in a business proposition in CA? Anyone know?

It is legal to call yourself whatever you like, unless you are providing or selling services as a medical professional when you are not licensed to practice the medical service in question.

link   
a reply to: introvert

A star on your post.
I agree.
It is not cut and dry. That is why the court issued the temporary order to grant relief to Stem Central until a decision can be made with all of the facts on the table.

link   
a reply to: beezzer

If they are wrong and caught selling for a profit and convicted of it then they're wrong. Why would I care??? I don't go to planned parenthood.

I'm already saying there is a Right Wing Conspiracy in the propaganda that is being used by the creators of this video. So it's not like my position will change much in that respect.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

WTF, why am I on the Dark Side now??? Because I can't help with legal advise????

No. I thought I was very clear.
You told me to go argue it in court.
I want to talk freely about it here.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I hope they/I/we will apologize and accept that this orginization may have been doing exactly what was alleged.

Same question applies to the other side of the debate. What if they are found innocent? Will you admit it was a right wing conspiracy?

A star for you as well. Thanks for being reasonable.
edit on 29-7-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Is that red herring I smell?

I'm wondering as well, is it illegal, let's just say in California, to masquerade as a medical professional or researcher ... if one isn't?

I mean, besides the fact that it's a lie and dishonest ... and caught on tape ... what's the limit on fraudulent identity in a business proposition in CA? Anyone know?

This might be a bit tacky, but isn't it illegal to gain employment at a slaughterhouse and film the treatment of the animals? Not much of a difference here in my view.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Ok. Let's get something clear real quick. I'm not concerned with the video's being out or not. There are two out and a third that has been put on hold. I don't care if the third one is out there or not. It makes no difference to me at all, in fact I'd say let the last one play anyway.

I'm also not saying you don't have an argument for the Privacy issue either. Maybe you do. But apparently the court didn't see it that way, so what can you do other than speculate. We can all guess whatever we want but it makes no difference now.

I'm more inclined to look at who made this video, why and the reasons for it being used to justify laws being passed now even though nothing has been proven to be a crime in those videos yet. The recording of those videos in fact may be a crime themselves. But does anyone notice the agenda being put forth here at all???? The people involved and their history??? Have you even looked into any of that yet or are you just buying it all as it's being fed to you??

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

That's fine we can talk freely. I just don't know if I can offer anything to help the conversation any. I see what your pointing out but I also know legal stuff is never what it seems and words like "public" "private" etc. aren't used in the same way we commonly use them. So I imagine that what you think it says isn't what it means in court. But I could be wrong too. The best I can say is to ask a lawyer and tell him you idea and see what he says.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I'll still be disgusted by the nauseating treatment provided to the unborn children and will fight to have the killing of them made illegal, but I will state that they fell within the revolting law if they are found not guilty of breaking the law.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

hey whatever, but everyone is debating weather or not a resturant is a public place and well.....
when it comes to the part where the employess of stem express (the one who is the plantiff in the case) is talking on it, they are in an office, and another part shows petri dishes that have portions of fetal tissue on it... this wouldn't be too good for any resturant to have laying around on the countertops!
do well the whole discussion as to what is and isn't a public place may not be that relevant? I am wondering if they actually went into stem express and taped it...in which case, well they would probably have not only had to have the permission of each employee that is on that video but also the permission of stem express to tape it!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: EternalSolace

So, do you think its ok to tape someone without their consent? Would doing so be libel?

What if someone sitting nearby recorded a conversation between you and another person where you discussed embarassing (but legal) facts about yourself. Would it be ok to play that at the next company picnic?

That's a fallacy but whatevs...

You can't compare the two. A familial conversation is not the same as a police officers conforntation with their citizens.

It's the same concept as being recorded at any workplace.

You would THINK, that an occupation resulting in crime and "proof beyond a resonanble doubt," would have all the audio/camera surveillance in the world.

Bringing scandalous information based on familial conversation to a business picnic, except if extreme in perversion (child molestation/abuse), murder, or some sort of white-collar crime, but instead some menial sort of matter, that's just being an asshole, man.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Well, clearly the stuff that was in an office was not done in public which is why they are able to get this video stopped. So that takes care of that issue. An office at a business is certainly private and you would need permission to record there.

So what do you think about the fact that these videos which are still not proven to show any illegal activity and may be illegally done themselves are being used to defund planned parenthood??? They are made by a long time anti-abortion activist who's done this kind of thing before in the past and got in trouble for it. He's tied to other right wing anti abortion people too.

Plus, there are only about 4 or 5 places that even sell tissue to other places. So that is just a handful of the tens of thousands of clinics within planned parenthood. Not to mention abortions don't make up a significant amount of what planned parenthood does anyway. Yet, there is legislation being pushed now to defund many areas of it because of this kind of malicious reporting going on. Anyone else notice this???? Anyone???

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

That's fine. I agree with you. They are in an office.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
That has been discussed ad nauseum in the several threads about the videos themselves.
Don't you agree?

Oh. Well, I wasn't aware of that. I didn't take part in those discussions. So I guess I'm the only one interested in that information now.

Although, if all that has already been discussed than who cares about this video being stopped. These reporters making these videos are a bunch of hacks and you can't trust what they're putting out. In my opinion anyway. So why should it matter if their propaganda video's are being stopped or not??

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

somewhere on one of the links that was posted on one of the threads on ats, I read that there's less than five planned parenthood clinics that are involved in donating the tissues. so well, gee, ya let's just defund the whole bit. who knows I could be wrong about the offended parties being in resturants or offices but well, then I'd have to ask, the part where there's supposed fetal tissue in the petri dishes, well, where was it filmed? who would have given them permission for film it? was it staged and if so, well, how did they come up with fetal tissue to use to stage it? was if shot at another place. like maybe a competitor?

the whole thing kind of stinks in my opinion, if this group had the truth to stand on, I don't think they would have to contort the facts as badly as they have to convey it.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

My concern is that what is being discussed is not illegal, but is being used to defame.

Although im not a fan of abortion, so really don't have much desire to defend their position.

It certainly shows you have character though, and are willing to think critically about a situation instead of emotionally acting out and trying to demonize fellow ATS users for having a differing opinion.

Not that I haven't seen people act the same way concerning other topics before here, but it is kind of scary the way some people are behaving regarding these threads. I foresee a handful of bans hopefully in the near future. It would be nice if people started acting like adults instead of hot headed teenagers.

It is to the point where I would rather not even join the discussion for fear of being attacked for having an opinion. I hope the moderation can remain unbiased and objective because it is going to get worse before it gets better.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I'll still be disgusted by the nauseating treatment provided to the unborn children and will fight to have the killing of them made illegal, but I will state that they fell within the revolting law if they are found not guilty of breaking the law.

And that is your right to say and believe as much. Freedom is a great thing.

We have the right to believe what we want and the right to be protected in our rights when other's beliefs try to infringe on our own.

This case is important in more ways than we may want to realize.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join