It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...just recently got a Smartphone...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
And so finally, dear members, to the braying of Gabriel's trumpet, and the sound of space and time beginning to spool out and tear, I have acquired a smartphone.

I do not want to tell you all about what make and model it is, and I do not want to rant about its various features, drawbacks, benefits or anything of the sort... but wow... I have not even begun to tap the potential of this device. I realised that almost immediately, which is why it's armoured all to hell now!

and the back...

This is how much I value this device. It's come in handy over the last few days, and no mistake. I have made notes in it, organised my life in it, calendared every event from here to Christmas. And more to the point I have also used this thing for work, both in its capacity as a phone, but also to assist me in taking visual record of work that I have done, or measurements which were required, and that is without mention of the fact that I have been communicating with people who are in my local life more since I got it, by use of a few messaging apps.

Should have done this sooner.... on the other hand though, I have been unleashed upon the Internet in MOBILE form now! When things are wrong on the Internet, I no longer have to wait until I get to my home wifi envelope before being aware of it, so fallacy beware... I can find you, anywhere, and at any time!

Anyway... That's enough mad scientist nonsense! I do hope you are all having a fantastic evening!
edit on 29-7-2015 by TrueBrit because: grammatical improvements

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Welcome to the 21st Century, my friend! Cookies and punch are served at 5 pm sharp.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
www.logicallyfallacious.com...

One of only 4 websites I've added to my iPhone desktop/home screen...

We can find these fallacies together now brother.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It's a phone, ereader, compass, maps, flashlight, carpenter's level, health monitor, Internet, banking device, camera, etc etc

They are handy devices. Maps don't always work with Samsung, mine always thinks I'm 20 minutes away from where I really am

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

So I was told, although in my case, I went for the bacon rib, sausage combo platter, with a good cup of tea to wash it down!

Jolly pleasant all the same though!

link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hahaha.. Congrats..
I've been falling down the tech ladder through no fault of my own, except lack of funds.
I was down to a flip phone until I couldn't pay for it, so now no phone.
Had a laptop, actually had a few, but they all got broken do to experimental physics that girls sometimes study.
So I'm down to a desktop.

IF you see me on here, you know I'm sitting up back straight, in a chair in a room.

But you are free. Lol.. No telling where you are now.
I'll join you when I can.

link   

I'm glad you saw the benefit of putting body armor on your phone! I have a dear friend who got a new smartphone, and two days later the screen was shattered.

I too have my phone well protected, with a Lifeproof case (no affiliation, just personal opinion on it's quality). I chose this one because besides being strong enough for huge fall protection, it's also waterproof. My phone has a strange tendency to always find water. And I drop it at least 3 times on a typical day. It's also nice to have a nice strong case because it holds your "home" button on when it's on it's last legs!

Smartphones are definitely a good tool, so long as one can withstand the temptation to be it on all the time like many of the humans in today's smartphone world!

I've been tempted to go back to a plain old phone, something that I can be reached on if needed and that's it... but I just adore being able to look up anything I want to know at any time.

Congrats on the new toy!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Now they know exactly where you are and what you are doing and thinking--much like we do too since you just told us as much. The next step for you is to praise Google to the highest.... --You might not want too, but you secretly will, eventually.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You could also copy PDF files from your PC into your smartphone,if you are into that stuff , so you always have a good read at hand if you find yourself in a place without internet acces.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Here's a picture of mine.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Ooooh fun!

Indeed we can... I shall bring the crossbow and the hunting daggers!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Beez,

That very much reminds me of my old Nokia. I love that thing, and always will, but the one I have now beats it with a very large stick...made of nukes.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

That looks like the kind of phone Snake Plissken would have really taken to New York.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

The case is really hard core.

All the external ports, data and charging cable access, headphone port, and even the camera are covered by fold or twist hinged rubber stoppers and covers. The actual case itself is some kind of heavy grade plastic. The screen cover that came with the case was scratch proof, but the screen cover I had my buddy put on underneath the cases cover, will take impact and crack itself, rather than allowing the actual phone screen to cracking.

It's balls out, as they say!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Well thanks. Now I'm hungry...

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Sorry pfishy!

If it's any consolation, I did not waste any at all...so...

That's not helping, is it?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Congrats...and I pullup new movies and send them to my big screen TVs/w surround sound....hardly take out the laptop....and haven't touched the home pc in a year.....also send internet to big screen....and tons of other apps...enjoy!

PS use FREE APPS!
edit on 29-7-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I too, recently, gave in and bought a smart phone and I can say it was the best decision I made in a long time.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Oh, sweet!

Looks like a Samsung Galaxy of some kind. Those are nice phones, can do just about everything except wash your dishes.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Here's a picture of mine.

OMG, I'm old enough to remember those! Geez, now I feel like I'm ancient!

edit on 29-7-2015 by ChiefD because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join