It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Bernie Sanders Will Become the Democratic Nominee and Defeat Any Republican in 2016

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LiberLegit
A liberal jew talking about wealth inequality sheesh you guys will take any brand of # these days

He has a voting record and a history of introducing legislation to back up his words, while no other candidate does.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: akaal

Bernie Sanders has been bringing the same message for 40 years, beating both Democrats and Republicans in State elections.

(glad to hear this)

Has he made a noticeable difference? Do you think he's just empty rhetoric?

(I don't).

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Bernie is polling and beating all the republican candidates, the closest is Bush 47% against Sanders 48%, Sanders is beating Walker 48% to 42% and he is beating Trump 59% to 38% according to the most recent CNN poll numbers.

CNN Poll: Bernie Sanders Leads All Republican Candidates

Haha!!!! YEAH!!! I started to start a thread about this article just this morning, but when it came time to hit "post", I didn't. I'm tired of the poo-flinging stuff going on all over this country.

So - THANK YOU!!!! I hoped someone else would step up and post it.
*bows*

*high five*
edit on 7/30/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

Well, the headline seems to have been changed......now it says:

Poll: Bernie Sanders would beat Donald Trump

edit on 7/30/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I liked this message from The Bern I got today

When we started our campaign together, much of the corporate-owned media wrote us off. They said we had no chance, that we couldn’t win, that victory was impossible.

Well, I am here to tell you, it’s not impossible: it’s happening.

Last night, we estimate that 100,000 supporters attended more than 3,500 organizing meetings in all fifty states across the country. It was a historic evening — the largest campaign gathering of this election by a huge margin. And at every event, people signed up to volunteer and committed themselves to building a movement capable of winning an election and reclaiming our democracy from the billionaire class.

In American politics, there are two primary sources of power: organized people, and organized money. Last night proved that we have the people and that we’re well organized.

July 29 Organizing Meetings
When the people stand together, there is nothing we cannot accomplish.

Not only can we win a Democratic primary and general election, but we can ensure that no one who works a full-time job lives in poverty. We can provide education as a right for all Americans, not just wealthy families. We can guarantee health care as a right, not a privilege, in this country.

Nothing significant in this country happens in terms of change unless a strong grassroots movement takes place.

That’s what we’re building together, and people should not underestimate us

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Food for thought:

Maybe the reason they are not cued into their government is due to lack of true representation? Why bother paying attention, they're all bought anyway. All we hear is the same BS day-in, day-out.

Now enter somebody (Anybody!) speaking non-politicianese and sounding half way lucid, all of a sudden folks start to listen.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

First of all, I guess we should admit in all honesty, that Vermont is a small state with a small population, so we do not share some of the same problems as the larger states. I 'll just throw that out there for whatever it's worth?

That said, I do believe he made a difference while serving at the local and state level positions that he has held. Even with little support from Vermonts govorners, imo. Of course after being elected to the U.S. Senate, he now has to deal with the two major parties which makes it difficult to move his ideas forward, as you could well imagine.

Empty rhetoric? No, I would say not. He believes in his message and is more than willing to debate respectfully with those who may disagree.

Peace;
Andy

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: akaal

Empty rhetoric? No, I would say not. He believes in his message and is more than willing to debate respectfully with those who may disagree.

That is precisely the "vibe" I'm picking up also.

He's my pick (so far?). Him or no one.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

xuen - dude.

Do you have anything worthwhile to add?
Your comic-relief one-liners really don't contribute much, as far as I can tell.....

Just saying.

For my part, I'm wondering what you're really thinking. Or, ya know, if you are thinking ... of anything at all.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

"Bernie has my full support"

--- the thought police

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

hmmm.

Ok, thanks......let me think for a sec what you might be alluding to almost implying without really saying but then implying on the other hand and still not really saying it or anything..............

..... nope, don't get it.
Guess I'm just incapable.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i took that website survey that matches your opinions with candidates to see which has the most similar beliefs...almost everyone in the 2016 race agreed with me less than 50 percent. Bernie was the highest at 63. I don't trust him at all. As stated previously, it seems like he's the liberal version of Ron Paul. We even just had a direct quote of 'its happening', seems pretty scripted, a scenario to give the younger generations hope and then let them down. or

on the other hand he could have been groomed to take the job at this time, and everything he's done in office so far is just a game to get people to fall for him. then as soon as he's president he turns into emperor palpatine. does look the part after all.

either way, him winning and then turning out to fulfill any of the intentions he's running under, seems the least likely scenario. BUT, i will still vote for him in all likelihood, because it's not my fault if he turns out to be an evil liar. i'm voting for my stance on the issues, not a specific man.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The only long shot is Hillary.
a reply to: AlaskanDad

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

A liberal jew talking about wealth inequality sheesh you guys will take any brand of # these days

Assuming you are trying to call out Zionist big bankers as opposed to what is assumed by that?

He has the track record of standing against the banking oligarchy.

“If Congress cannot regulate Wall Street, there is just one alternative,” said Sanders in a speech Saturday. “It is time to break these too-big-to-fail banks up so that they can never again destroy the jobs, homes, and life savings of the American people.”
Source

Can't say that for the rest of the Dems and the Repubs same side of a different coin besides Rand. But we all know how the Paul's get treated.

Being Jewish?: And that's where he has an advantage over what Ron Paul had. And currently as some may say even now for Rand-who while tows a more moderate line of the Repubs can still be open to focus on that. To say administration leaning media talking heads can't call him an anti Semite/racist to help destroy his reputation.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

So he'll either:

a. turn out to be a complete joke and do nothing worth noting
b. enact collectivist progressive bull# and tax us to death

You know who else chose wealth inequality as their first talking point? Hillary Clinton. It's hilarious, you guys take the bait every time someone says "I hate big banks" no matter who they are.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LiberLegit

Or

a) he will never be a joke, as he managed his state brilliantly for decades. He won't all of a sudden become a failed representative just to suit your agenda.

b) he will not tax YOU, he will tax the billionaires....Unless of course you support their continued corrupt manipulation of the US economy or you are one of them

Tell me why you support big business and banks?
edit on 31-7-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

a reply to: dreamingawake

So he'll either:

a. turn out to be a complete joke and do nothing worth noting
b. enact collectivist progressive bull# and tax us to death

You know who else chose wealth inequality as their first talking point? Hillary Clinton. It's hilarious, you guys take the bait every time someone says "I hate big banks" no matter who they are.

c. Makes it to presidency and actually does what he promises(plus or minus Progressive promises) without being "Brietbarted" because of not following the demand by the puppet-masters

Not sure who you mean by you guys, considering I don't vote Democrat, and I'm pretty sure others around here don't all fit into that. It's just nice to see someone more consistent as he is(a former Independent) on that side opposed to Hillary and her rhetoric as an option. Gives a better option than least of the worst for Dems(Yeah, while he may be Progressive-which I don't support-Hillary is far worse) anyway.

Do I think he will be given a chance in the "selected not elected" system to the end? Less likely.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I remember when Obama was going to bring hope and change.

And everyone bought it.

I certainly hope Bernie doesn't change on America.

Obama had catch phrases attached to him and ideas projected into him. None of it had any reality with him. With bernie it isn't projected ideals, it is from his own mouth, and from decades of demonstrable consistency on these issues.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I remember when Obama was going to bring hope and change.

And everyone bought it.

I certainly hope Bernie doesn't change on America.

There is a chance that Bernie could suddenly do a flip once in office, but up to this point in his career only Ron Paul could match his level of consistency and willingness to go against the grain. Obama had 2 years before running, and even in that time there were more flips than you'll find from Bernie who has been running campaigns since the 70's.

Obama had a slogan, Bernie has an actual voting record.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Because he's REAL.

Because he discusses REAL issues.

Because people are sick of the FAKES and their FAKE promises and FAKE concern and their transparent pandering.

I say he has a really good shot at it.

Weird they said the same thing about Obama

I say Rand Paul could prove a pretty worthy obstacle to Sanders

Rand Is probably the only Republican I'm not scared of. I hate his views on de-regulation but if the final two candidates are Bernie and Rand I could live with either outcome.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join