It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're the ancient Assyrians behind the Abrahamic religions?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Some similarities:

1)
Old testament: Ends in war and bloodshed.
New testament: Ends in war and bloodshed.
Quran: Ends in war and bloodshed.

2) All originate in the Middle East.

The Assyrians were an ancient spiritual civilization who conquered the whole Middle East region before any of the Abrahamic religions arose.

It may be that the assyrian civilization collapsed, but when a civilization collapses, the society does not vanish into thin air, especially if it spanned an entire continent for hundreds or thousands of years... So in my mind it seems plausible that a group, perhaps with spiritual agendas that date back to the time of the ancient assyrian civilization created the abrahamic religions to as part of their own evil agenda and plan for mankind?

For me this makes far more sense than the notion that the three Abrahamic religions have truly divine origins yet cause so much division and bloodshed... And also all have end games that result in massive bloodshed and war...

Apologies for such a poorly composed thread, I didn't know how else to put into words what I wanted to say with so little source material to back up it up.
edit on 29-7-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Abraham himself was a Sumerian, from Ur of the Chaldees.

The Sumerians preceded the Assyrians and I think were swallowed up by them.

long, long ago.

good luck finding any religion without some blood. unfortunately it's the way of the world. the Judeo-Christian legacy is to put aside the barbarism and blood the Assyrians were noted for.

by the way, Moses was raised in Egypt, so Judeo/Christianity has some Egyptian background also. Of course, the whole idea was for Abraham to separate himself from the existing cultures and build a new one, spiritually as well as physically.
"Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee." Gen 12:1
edit on 29-7-2015 by works4dhs because: add thoughtful line / source

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

Actually.... I think "the world" before the spread of the abrahamic religions, was well aware of what kind of evil lurked in that region.. Those that were wise fled to the four corners the earth, amd those that didn't were kept as slaves, or lived as kings.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think I'm on to something.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
There isn't just one source for the "Abrahamic" religions. Judaism and Christianity are eclectic in their origins, plagiarizing(borrowing) from Sumerian, Akkadian, Assyrian, Egyptian, Babylonian, and so on. Just as they all have from each other, putting their own spin on what they borrowed as they went along. Even the stories of Abraham, Noah, and Moses are both borrowed, and made up.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The Muslims had become a formidable force and so in 630 C.E. the Prophet Muhammad decided to take an army of 10,000 towards Mecca. Once the Muslims had reached Mecca, the leaders of Quraysh surrendered. As a result the Prophet Muhammad announced:

Those who shelter in the Ka’ba are safe; those who shelter in the house of Abu Sufyan are safe, and those who remain confined to their houses are also safe.

Abu Sufayan was a leader of Quraysh and one of the ardent enemies of the Prophet Muhammad. The Meccans were afraid about the impending conquest of their city because the Arabs had lived by the law of retaliation and there was a fear that Muslims would take revenge for the persecution of the Muslims and the losses in subsequent battles. When the Prophet Muhammad and the Muslims entered the area of the Kaba, he announced clemency for everyone in Mecca who no longer wished to fight the Muslims:

This day no reproach shall be on you. God will forgive you; He is the Most Merciful of the Merciful. You can go away!

Many of the Meccans, who were expecting some sort of punishment, were surprised by the Prophet’s statement and some decided to become Muslim. Thus, the conquest of Mecca was bloodless and ended years of warfare and violence between Quraysh and the Muslims.

This event is significant for Muslims because it demonstrates the character of the Prophet Muhammad. He could have exacted revenge, in accordance with the traditions of the Arabs, but instead he showed mercy on the Meccans. This is an important reminder for Muslims even to the present day about how conflict should be addressed. Finally, the conquest was a defining moment because it established Islam on the Arabian Peninsula, from there it spread to become a major world religion.

So your claim about Quran ending in war and bloodshed is complete nonsense.
edit on 29-7-2015 by ElectricFeel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

What evidence, if any, has anyone uncovered to indicate the Assyrians were an ancient spiritual civilization? From what I've read, they seemed mostly interested in history and counting trade and commerce inventories.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

What about all their statues of winged God-men? You mean to tell me they were fancy oufits merchants used to wear? Haha

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Umm Assyrians = Babalonians!!!

www.biblestudy.org...

Here's your answer.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Or really? What's is then? :

In the text, Signs of Qiyamah, it is redacted by Mohammed Ali Ibn Zubair Ali that after the arrival of the Enlightened One, Imam Madhi, 

"the ground will cave in, fog or smoke will cover the skies for forty days. A night three nights long will follow the fog. After the night of three nights, the sun will rise in the west. The Beast of Earth shall emerge. The beast will talk to people and mark the faces of people. A breeze from the south shall cause sores in the armpits of Muslims which they will die from. The Qu'ran will be lifted from the hearts of the people.

The "Imam...will create a world state...He will teach you simple living and high thinking. With such a start he will establish an empire of Allah in this world. He will be the final demonstration and proof of Allah's merciful wish to acquaint man with the right ways of life."

However, the main source of apocalyptic traditions in the Islamic faith originate from the Hadith, or sayings of Mohammed. Here, the Judeo-Christian influence upon Islam is more obvious than in the Quran as it pertains to the end times.

The apocalypse scenario mentioned in the Hadith incorporates material from the Book of Ezekiel and Revelations, most notably in its mention of the Antichrist and his armies. Called the Dajjal, this Antichrist figure would use his powers to rule the world and take people away from Islam, in much the same way as the Antichrist would take people away from Christianity in Revelations.
www.apocalypse-soon.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Yes, Assyrians, Babylonians, Sumerians... similar cultures, different civilisations... I admit I don't know much about them.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Well they are all the same. I'm sure there may be small cultural difference but for all intents and purposes it's the same people.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Hi, im not allowed in here. So to Mods, im just gonna have a conversation with OP, and Vlar. Please get out of my face.

Sumerians were from India, Indus Valley.

Assyrians were/are a semitic people with warlords, who conquered Sumerian knowledge, astronomy, farming and much much more with a Warlord called Sargon, "the inventor of time". A people conquered knowledge which actually was thousands of years before their time, like giving monkeys a magic wand.

All they did was swap religion to another and sweep the past under the carpet.

You heard about the burning bush in the bible, its a Sumerian religion.

Fire was life in the, in religion you pray to the giver of life.

Moses went up to the mountain and came down with the tablets, and the people still worshipped the old Gods

Sargon The great, a human as a deity or a God,

The Assyrians are nothing of an ancient spiritual civilization, they were barbaric warlords who conquered enormous parts of the middle east.

They enslaved the world and created time still untill today 5000 years later.

The biggest secret the Assyrians are still alive and well and living in a place called Israel.

The real Jews arent semitic, they are Indian, doesnt matter how many times in the past theyve tried to hide the truth. A lie this big never dies.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

Sumerians were most likely conquered and so was their knowledge. Judeo/Christianity is the same theocracy.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Umm Assyrians = Babalonians!!!

www.biblestudy.org...

Here's your answer.

Actually, Assyria (today's Syria) is the home of Israel's «10 lost tribes». There is more Hebrew blood in the veins of Syrians and Palestinians than in anyone calling himself Jew today, perhaps apart from a handful Cohenim and Sefardim. The «Jews» of today's Israel are not even Shemites, most of them are Germans and Russians and thus Japhetites, belonging to the sons of Magog if we are to judge by Biblical demographics.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
There isn't just one source for the "Abrahamic" religions. Judaism and Christianity are eclectic in their origins, plagiarizing(borrowing) from Sumerian, Akkadian, Assyrian, Egyptian, Babylonian, and so on. Just as they all have from each other, putting their own spin on what they borrowed as they went along. Even the stories of Abraham, Noah, and Moses are both borrowed, and made up.

You know thats possible but what if Sumerian, Akkadian, Assyrian, Egyptian, Babylonian, and so on had a similar foundation that agreed with the Abrahamic source, because the beginning was the origin
They all arose from the same starting point.
They all sound similar because they all began in the beginning, it's not plagiarising, they have the same history.

The global flood account by all beliefs isnt about plagiarising, its about reporting the same event by different people

and Judaism is a belief, its not a nationality.

The Jews come from all races and were chosen by God to change the world, they failed at that.
Saying the Jews failed, saying they made mistakes, are a mixed faith of nationalities and violent and whatever, Yeah we know, their own history, the old testament tells us.

No startling revelations
edit on b2015Wed, 29 Jul 2015 16:00:19 -050073120153pm312015-07-29T16:00:19-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gippo

I hope you find your way back. You seem knowledgeable.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Always, the good die young
lol ... I wonder how gippo aggravated ATS staff...
I've no intent to derail..
Seeing as I've already started a comment....
While reading the thread I remembered this guy Mitchell Heisman who wrote 'Suicide Note' (Wiki mentions it as a 'philosophical tome'). He wrote of the Abrahamic religions as having formed out of what he referred to as socio-biological engineering; a plan to control/guide people.
...Just thought I'd put that out there

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Jimjolnir

Thanks

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Yeah, it makes more sense that the worship of El came first, before civilization, and then it diffused into the various cultures: Babel, Sumer, Akkad, Asshur, Canaan, etc. The Phoenicians probably played a huge role in spreading religion with their trade colonies too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join