It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible MH-370 debris found on Reunion Island?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
a reply to: Hefficide

It will be interesting to see what the data from the barnacles can tell us about maybe where this stuff was sitting for so long.

Is it really fair to call anything gleaned from a barnacle "data?"

I'm just sayin...

But I agree nonetheless. I think the investigation has taken a big step forward but is, obviously, by no means conclusive.

I'm very interested to see what, if anything, else washes ashore.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Because you can't effectively argue the main pint: the wreckage has been found. Sorry if this destroys whatever awesome conspiracy theory involving the Illuminati or Freemasons or Government, but reality has a habit of doing that.

Really? LOL.

Did you really think this one through?

I assume that you are refering to my suggestion that the debri was planted?

First of the wreckage was not found, the piece of debri has been identified as belonging to MH370.

Second, off course the piece is now identified as MH370, otherwise, what would have been the point of planting?

Zaphod's original point was that the flapperon is not a piece of plane that is frequently ordered, replaced, or kept on hand, so it is highly unlikely this recovered piece was something that fell off a boat or got lost in shipment. The ensuing argument over where the actuators are located is not only completely irrelevant, but is an argument in semantics more than anything

It is a technical argument, and it is relevant if the claim is made that the piece is going to be identified by the actuators in it. Relevant enough for me to point out that the claim is incorrect.

It's not my fault that such a drama had to be made of it by some.
edit on 5-8-2015 by YouPeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
What appears to be the framing around a window has washed ashore. It hasn't been positively identified yet, but could be either a window framing, or where the passenger oxygen mask deploys from.

More debris found.

It appears to be part of a sewing machine?

www.pprune.org...

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

It was a little confusing to read the original article. They confirmed it was from a Triple, but wasn't clear if they were going to confirm it was from this flight today, or start running serial numbers today.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Actually they can determine a lot from looking at them. About when it went into the water, if it was out of the water for any length of time, about when it came out of the water initially, etc.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I know I know. I'm just saying...data is so scientific. And it's a barnacle lol

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo

What appears to be the framing around a window has washed ashore. It hasn't been positively identified yet, but could be either a window framing, or where the passenger oxygen mask deploys from.

More debris found.

It appears to be part of a sewing machine?

www.pprune.org...

Ha, that's actually the first thing I thought when I saw it. Amazing how knowledgeable people can think this flimsy piece of plastic could be a 777 window framing......

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I'm saying being shot down hasn't been ruled out yet. Debris free falling isn't very aerodynamic it twists in air and loses speed where an intact plane comes in much faster. No government would admit freely to killing 227 people. They would just leave it a mystery. The plane was so far off course hijacking looks like the most plausible cause.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: TheLasersShadow

That was an interesting conversation. But how do you get shot down means a softer approach on crashing?

I'm confused about why any damage to any single part can tell much about impact in this scenario. It seems to me people are imagining a plane crash in a traditional sense, with a plane in motion, when this was not the same.

If a plane crashes while in motion, engines running, it will experience a head-on impact (or close to it). But the belief here is that it continued until it ran out of fuel, which would have caused then engines to basically die, leaving it to fall out of the sky silently - in this case it would surely be tumbling, not heading nose first or even gliding down. Therefore any evidence of impact on any part they find isn't necessarily going to tell us anything on its own.

In a standard plane crash with the plane moving forward at speed into obstacles on the ground there would obviously be damage to the front of the wings and the body of the plane itself. But if engines simply die in the air, unless someone can control it like a glider it's going to fall out of the sky like a stone and spend a few thousand feet rolling over itself before slamming into the ocean. The damage to debris in that case is not going to tell us much about the cause or the impact.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Yeah I know. You don't think a barnacle will be useful. It is pretty funny.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Not necessarily anymore. Modern commercial aircraft are incredibly stable. Once it ran out of fuel it would stall, which would put it into a dive, and possibly a spiral if one engine ran longer than the other. It may tumble, it may not.

(post by YouPeople removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Not necessarily anymore. Modern commercial aircraft are incredibly stable. Once it ran out of fuel it would stall, which would put it into a dive, and possibly a spiral if one engine ran longer than the other. It may tumble, it may not.

Oh, thanks Zaphod. It was confusing me, I just theorized that unless there was someone to influence and control the plane it would just drop.

I guess it probably would have broken up either way though, eventually, right? I mean it's unlikely it could survive a fall like that and the body of the plane remain intact?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

If it exceeded mach limits while diving, which it probably would, then at least some structural damage would probably occur.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So, and this is just me spitballing, these items may not really tell anybody a whole lot, will they? I mean it's not a black box washing ashore. I don't get the impression that this part, and all its internal parts and actuators, is...."important"(?) enough to really give much data in and of itself is it? What would be more telling will be really, really studying the currents in the area and the barnacles for whatever information can be gleaned about their age and so on.

Is that correct or is this part more important than I'm giving it credit for?

(post by Flyingclaydisk removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
First let me say quickly, Zaphod? Your patience is just incredible. Wish I could applaud you quite frankly.

Now then, silly question. I haven't really seen anything pointing to any countries actually using any kind of navel or coast guard type ships patrolling, searching off the island. I mean there very well could be, but since I don't really watch the MSM anymore, I was just wondering if there has been any mention of it.

Seems like it would be a smart thing to do since things to seem to washing up on shore. Or at least someone following some of the currents, tides perhaps coming down from the Indian Ocean. Obviously I don't mean the whole thing, but maybe a search 10 or 20 miles out might yield something still floating along. If they did find something it would probably help narrow down a better area to look in.

I still can't help but think about that article I posted way back when this first happened about the bodies being found on shore and being eaten by the wild dogs. That was in the area around the Maldives and I don't recall much more coming out of that. Just strikes me that we may have had all kinds of parts to this puzzle, but we just haven't fit them together right yet. I certainly hope we do eventually.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on Thu Aug 6 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If what they say is correct and it was a "soft" landing than I could have only two explanations either the crew ditched it (for one of a million reasons) or it was a on board emergency with either a Fire or decompression and the plane continued on with a incapacitated crew and it could be another similar example to the cornfield bomber en.wikipedia.org... where the pilot ejected fearing a crash only for the plane to level its self and land in a corn field, damage was so light that it was put back into service..

Whatever happened I just hope the people on board did not suffer long term such as ditching in the ocean with survivors only having to wait to succumb to the elements.

Fingers crossed that they can gain what ever small information about where this part has been and at least have a real idea of the location it went down.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

It's only really important in that it proves the aircraft crashed, and that it's been in the water. As for determining where, or how, in the grand scheme of things the flaperon isn't a vital clue.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join