It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible MH-370 debris found on Reunion Island?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

aye, like aluminium alloy and stuff, I was looking more at the innards of the part, but hey, I'm no engineer type person but I knew there'd be minimal if any rusting than say, planes pre-ww2.

*holds out mugs of coffee to everyone*

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

The actuators and some areas will have corrosion on them. There will always be some areas that have corrosion issues.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Of course, but from the photos I couldn't see much save for barnacles (are barnacles edible? they looked tasty), a jaggedy side and a criss-crossing material that looked like it was some sort of carbon-fibre/fibreglass material. And paint.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

You have to really get into the inside to find the areas that will corrode. That's all outer shell which is mostly composite.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Boeing has confirmed that the flaperon is from a 777. They're supposed to begin attempting to verify it's from MH370 in a couple of days.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

How do they do that? Serial numbers? Or is it as simple as "hey anybody missing a flap? No? Okay, that's solved" type thing?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

There are some that are waiting to be installed on new aircraft that are "laying around", and there are a handful of 777s in storage that theoretically could be used, but the ones in storage would be obvious and the manufacturing end would have to account for the extra parts used and cost behind building one.

But Malaysian Airlines could have a few laying around right? Anyways it doesn't seem impossible to acquire such a part without leaving an obvious trail, for people with the right connections.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: YouPeople

No, the airlines don't keep spares of pieces like the flaperon. They keep spares of parts that need changing, and a flaperon will very rarely need changing if ever. That's a lot of money to spend too keep parts that you're almost never going to need laying around in storage.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouPeople

There are some that are waiting to be installed on new aircraft that are "laying around", and there are a handful of 777s in storage that theoretically could be used, but the ones in storage would be obvious and the manufacturing end would have to account for the extra parts used and cost behind building one.

But Malaysian Airlines could have a few laying around right? Anyways it doesn't seem impossible to acquire such a part without leaving an obvious trail, for people with the right connections.

I still can't understand what the conspiracy here is.
Are you suggesting that they might have planted the piece there on that island?

If so, can you answer these points for me..?

1. Why wait a year? Why not just dump it in front of the search vessels last year and save a hell of a lot more money and time?
2. Why dump it in the sea off the coast of the island, and then leave it there for a month before letting the locals find it?
3. Did they also dump the other debris reportedly found in the location?
4. How did they get it there without anyone knowing?
5. Did they leave it in the perfect conditions for a year, to age it, and put barnacles on it, just to dump it a year later, and if you think they did then see point 1.

Really, I'm trying to understand what the conspiracy here is, and why people are considering it. None of it makes sense in even the most simple terms. It seems to me there is no evidence at all of a conspiracy, and this is based on nothing more than paranoia and suspicion.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Seems not a big deal to have one or two 7ft pieces in storage to do a quick complete replacement in the case that one does get damaged, instead of keeping a plane grounded while the new part is ordered.

Then again, I am no expert.

What happened to the 777s you were refering to earlier that were losses? Were they scrapped for parts?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Someone should be beach combing on Mauritius Island and coco island as well. if they find anything maybe they could triangulate and piece together the rough area they believe it may have come down. Maybe?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

1. Why wait a year? Why not just dump it in front of the search vessels last year and save a hell of a lot more money and time?

I don't know. Maybe it was more useful now? Also in that case it would've been much harder to explain away the lack of the rest of the plane debris.

2. Why dump it in the sea off the coast of the island, and then leave it there for a month before letting the locals find it?

Alegedly. I made an earlier post about how contrived that story seems, almost as if intended to "prove" that the piece wasn't planted. Just like you used it now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

3. Did they also dump the other debris reportedly found in the location?

I am not aware of any (other) debris found that have been proven to be from MH370.

4. How did they get it there without anyone knowing?

Besides the potential conspirators you mean?

Really? Is the island under 24 hour surveilance with guards, night vision equipment, and warrants to search any vessel or vehicle in the area?

Seems as simple as loading the 7ft piece in a boat at night and dumping it on the beach or in the surf.

Did they leave it in the perfect conditions for a year, to age it, and put barnacles on it, just to dump it a year later

Perhaps, I don't think they need that long to grow.

This seemed important however,

He also saw the wing part which washed up on Wednesday – although in May, the barnacles encrusting its side were still alive. By the time it washed ashore again this week, the crustaceans were dead Read more: www.smh.com.au...

Why did he mention this?

Did the barnacles die perhaps when the piece was transported out to Reunion Island, because it was out of the water too long, presenting a potential problem further down road, when it becomes clear they died from lack of water?

How could the barnacles have died from lack of water if it had been adrift the whole time up until it was found.

Now they can say "but they were still alive in May, look Mr. Ferrier said so, very spontaneously back when it wasn't an issue yet."

Speculation, I know.

Really, I'm trying to understand what the conspiracy here is, and why people are considering it. None of it makes sense in even the most simple terms. It seems to me there is no evidence at all of a conspiracy, and this is based on nothing more than paranoia and suspicion.

I am not saying there is a conspiracy, but I am considering it.

Off coure it is based on suspicion. My gut tells me I am being playd here. I trust my gut enough to at least entertain the notion.

This is a conspiracy site.

Why can't you just accept, and better yet, appreciate that all possible scenarios are being explored?

I am not passing things off as fact.

edit on 3-8-2015 by YouPeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

There have been four 777 hull losses related to crashes, and one they had to write off due to a cockpit fire while prepping to depart at the gate.

let's account for flight MH17, shot down over Ukraine:

... about the Malaysian Airlines flight 17 shot down July 17, 2014 over Ukraine.

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 was traveling from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur with 283 passengers and 15 crew members. The airline had earlier said there were 280 passengers.

The official said U.S. intelligence and analysis of the situation determined that it was a single missile that struck the Boeing 777-200 aircraft while at cruising altitude.

It is unclear whether the missile was fired from inside Ukrainian or Russian territory and who fired it, the official added. "

~abc news.go.com~

So there is another tail-wing section from another Boeing 777(-200) which could have been secreted from the MH17 wreckage
...and all that would be needed is to change the digital data on the same wing parts of MH17 and MH370 to have the parts ID numbers to pull off the MH370 crash-into-ocean illusion...

a flight worthy 777 would/could be still stored or hidden on Diego Garcia, ready to be inserted into a flight corridor and carrying an armed Nuke to a secret target

a conspiracy exists, I am not stretching the factors to fit the theory

edit on rd31143860927203412015 by St Udio because: no fanatic here

MH370: was a scheduled international passenger flight that disappeared on 8 March 2014
MH17: Malaysian Airlines shot down July 17, 2014 over Ukraine

AH HA ! MH17 parts were made in wreckage to cover up MH370 total disappearance with doctored tail piece flap ID #s swtched

edit on rd31143860981303502015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Do you keep spare body panels for your car, just in case? A flaperon costs a lot of money for a part that you may never use before the aircraft is removed from service. They also don't keep tails, horizontal stabilizers, or other large pieces laying around.

Most of the parts on those aircraft were scrapped completely. There's no aftermarket parts system in place yet for 777s and newer aircraft, and they'd have to tear down and recertify any major parts, so it's cheaper to keep smaller parts and scrap the rest.
edit on 8/3/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Have you seen the MH17 wreckage? There was almost nothing recognizable left of it, let alone a flaperon that could be switched that was intact. A missile hit at high altitude isn't going to leave much intact between the initial destruction, the parts tearing themselves apart on the way down, and impact with the ground.

Have you looked at Diego Garcia? Maybe you can point out the hangar that's big enough to hide a 777 in.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Do you keep spare body panels for your car, just in case?

A wingflap to plane is more important than a body panel to a car. My car also doesn't cost tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost income and such when it is not driving.

But I am sure you are right.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

You also almost never replace one except after an accident, which is the same as a flaperon. Boeing can have a new flaperon out in a day or two if they need to. That also keeps them from spending a few million dollars they didn't need to for nothing.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

That 7ft piece cost millions of dollars?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Keeping spare parts on hand for each and every aircraft costs millions upon millions of dollars, yes.

Kind of like how your local mechanic doesn't keep spare parts for every last make and model of every car ever built in the event that a 1993 Chevy Impala happens to roll in the garage on any given day.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

When you add the hydraulic lines, the composites that are involved, the actuators, etc cost of the flaperon is upwards of a million dollars.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join