It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wichita State mathematician says Kansas voting machines need audit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Are voting machines are just counting the vote, or are they being used to change our vote?

A mathematician at Wichita State University who wanted to check the accuracy of some Kansas voting machines after finding odd patterns in election returns said she is finding out how difficult it can be to get government officials to turn over public documents.

Clarkson filed for a recount after the November election, but Sedgwick County officials again refused, saying only a judge could release the records.

A lawsuit she filed in February against Kansas’ attorney general – and later amended to add the Sedgwick County election commissioner and Kobach – sought a court order giving her access to a certain number of voting records to conduct an audit. She mailed it to the Sedgwick County election commissioner and Kobach, who under state law had 30 days to respond.

Neither responded, later saying they weren’t aware they’d received the summons. “I don’t know if we did or not,” said Eric Rucker, assistant secretary of state. “We are not going to comment on the status or the nature of this litigation at this time.”

source
edit on 29-7-2015 by AlaskanDad because: url

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Are voting machines are just counting the vote, or are they being used to change our vote?

Gee.....I wonder.....

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Neither responded, later saying they weren’t aware they’d received the summons. “I don’t know if we did or not,” said Eric Rucker, assistant secretary of state. “We are not going to comment on the status or the nature of this litigation at this time.”

"We can't show you that stuff, you might find out elections are being rigged."

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Here is a study I worked on in 2012 to determine the costs associated with replacing DREs with paper ballots: Maryland DREs are expensive and unreliable

Paper ballots are cheaper and far less prone to fraud. Maryland has been hamstrung by the Help America Vote Act (HAVA); to their surprise they (State Board of Elections) have found DREs are notoriously unreliable, expensive, and prone to fraud.

Unintended consequences, huh?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
Paper ballots are cheaper and far less prone to fraud.

And they leave a physical trace which can be revisited.

Changing the voting system in the name of efficiency at the cost of transparency was an huge (silent H for effect) and obvious mistake.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

How does anyone know if they register anything except the number of people who used them. I compare them to the old Etcha Sketch; you press the button to cast your ballot and everything is deleted except for the number of times the cast your ballot button is pressed.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
FTA:

Because the software is proprietary, even elections officials can’t examine it and postelection audits can’t be done

There are serious flaws in our current voting machines,

but were these flaws or were they selling points???

Open Source to make your votes count!

linux user here

edit on 29-7-2015 by AlaskanDad because: added quote FTA

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Why is this only news when it's Republicans who seem to benefit? I remember plenty of questions about the machines after the 2012 elections and how some inner city districts could turn votes of over 100 percent of their enrollment ... but we were told there IS no voter fraud, not enough to matter.

So see the comment above.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

After the last presidential election it was rumoured that anon stopped Karl Rove from accessing the voting machines by use of a firewall.

My question is; how hard would it be for these bright hackers to program the fire wall to capture the user login and password???

Now we both have a reason to wonder if it was rigged, our votes need to really be counted,

or they do not count at all.

edit on 29-7-2015 by AlaskanDad because: added reply to code

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Why is this only news when it's Republicans who seem to benefit?

I recall hearing a thing or two about Obama and non-whites voting.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

After the last presidential election it was rumoured that anon stopped Karl Rove from accessing the voting machines by use of a firewall.

My question is; how hard would it be for these bright hackers to program the fire wall to capture the user login and password???

Now we both have a reason to wonder if it was rigged, our votes need to really be counted,

or they do not count at all.

The NSA controls the internet in the US. They can record and even intercede in traffic. They have multiple backdoor exploits. What might stop or prevent them from cooking the whole thing? The cost of a JFK type intervention is rather high as is the election of any populist candidate.

Nothing would stop them. They are capable of anything. The stakes are too high to let people decide for themselves. The recent UK elections and political shift to utter Fascism is evidence the UK is interceding IMO. I look at 2016 for some real proof. Might be too late to leave once the game is revealed.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

NSA, just another example of the military industrial complex having taken over our country.

After the JFK coup d'état our presidents know to toe the line, or their death could become famous.

new topics

top topics

join