It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter Plans Response to Decision in Dubose Case (Cincinnati Officer Shooting)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Duh...I'm at a location whose firewall blocks live video feeds, so, duh, I have to wait to be able to watch it, so...duh.

WTF does saying an 8-year-old's "duh" in your response do, other than make you look foolish.

See, I do this thing called waiting until I, personally, see the evidence. Right now, unless that video shows up on YouTube (which I haven't found it yet), then I can't watch it.

So, do you want to constructively respond to me, or just imply that I'm--duh--stupid for not being able to access the live feed? It sounds like murder, but I want to see it for myself...is that such a bad thing?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I'm far enough away that it won't be an issue. Hell, I'm not even in Ohio, let alone that close to Cincinnati for what happens there to affect my property value.

Plus, I downsized to purposely get out of debt, so if I have to stay in my cheap home for a few years longer and save up that much more money, so be it.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
"Black lives matter" is so racist , ALL LIVES MATTER
edit on 29-7-2015 by highrollerjb because: NONE

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
don't know if it's already on here but this is the video of the stop (posted today);

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
What gets me about these politicized cases is how regardless of what the victim themselves may have wanted the activist groups take things and go the way they want with it. Quote Rodney King: "Can't we all just get along?". No Rodney, we want to riot!

If by action BLM intends to protest peacefully regardless I'm down with that.
If they mean to let things get out hand intentionally in an already badly fractured city then no, just go home.
That's the problem with all activist groups, regardless of reality they have to bend, spin or fabricate reasons for their own relevance.
One need look no farther than the SPLC to see what I mean.
30 years ago they were called Klanwatch, now they're the official government and DHS go-to source for hundreds of "hate groups".
If a problem doesn't exist - they have to make one.

Eta: After watching the video of the stop and shooting it's very hard to tell what transpired exactly. The officer seemed to be very casual and non-confrontational, his voice was calm and non-threatening. Not a reason to shoot anyone but it looks like DuBose was driving drunk on a suspended license. Trying to take off while the officer is asking you to do otherwise is never a smart idea but drunk people make notoriously poor decisions. Hard to say which way this will go, It's certainly not a slam dunk conviction imo due to the officer falling down which indicates his hand was entangled in the seat belt or DuBose was grabbing his hand. I would hate to see an innocent cop go down just to satisfy loud demands for justice.

edit on 29-7-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Did you just go crazy or something? I never implied that Mrs. Dubose should be locked up for using the word, my point was that I think the word contains within it an implication of violence and destruction, and is better not used in an instance where the line between peaceful protest and all-out rioting can be so thin as to seem invisible.

Plus, it appears that the LEO you quoted is the Team Commander for the Special Response Team--when those fellas need to be called in, whatever the situation is, it probably has already turned into or will become a battlefield. That's different than your average patrolman driving around a city. Your point that you tried to make has fallen flat on its face.

But I do get your point about police militarization, but in this case, it has nothing to do with the point that I made--it's a tangent that has merit, but derails my conversation.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
This soun assinine but, its true. IF IT ISNT DODOCUMENTED , IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. So, BLM really needs to start documenting how they are encouraging peaceful productive protesting.

Although I believe peaceful protesting is the answer, I also believe that the rioting makes more of an impact to the people in charge. It seems to put them in a position where they have to act.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4
And that's why there are people that don't pull over for police and shoot anything in uniform. That was so horrible to watch. Wtf did the police expect him to do sit there and be manhandled!?

Edited after reading more info.

edit on 29-7-2015 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Please contribute comments here in this previously posted thread.

Closing

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join