It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Female Big Game Trophy Hunter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Who cares!

I'd be a little sad if it was the last lion. I'd even be pissed if it were MY lion. This lion?

*meh*

Maybe that is also how many people feel about other people's unborn babies as well.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I know, just putting it into perspective.

If you'd like, we can also talk of all the deer, elk, game animals shot, or the millions of cows (yum), pigs (bacon), killed every year for food or trophies.

Cows and pigs are slaughtered for food, as are game animals - deer and elk maybe for controlling the population of deer and elk. The lion in this case and the giraffe in the womans case (assuming it's the same person I'm thinking of) were killed for no other reason than to masturbate the ego of some twat with money. There is a lot of difference in my humble opinion.

Who cares!

I'd be a little sad if it was the last lion. I'd even be pissed if it were MY lion. This lion?

*meh*

If we're talking about mastubating ego's of twats with money, then there's the political forum or a Bruce Jenner thread.

You may not care, frankly I personally don't care if you do or not - you have your opinion and I have mine, at some point you will appreciate that doesn't make you right and everyone else wrong - maybe.

In another post you say -

"It is a pathetic indictment of the society we live in when soldiers getting shot by islamic extremists garner less coverage than a guy without a weiner or a lion. "

Actually, that may be down to the media you choose to use, but what you are actually saying is people are shooting people who are trying to shoot them....... and why do you think it has ever been different? The lion/Giraffe/whatever didn't go out with a weapon looking for a trophy.

I appreciate there are freaks that like to kill something just so they can turn its head into some kind of wall adornment, I don't see any kind of need to think that is in any way normal behaviour - do I lose sleep over it? No, but at the same time the loss of the life of an animal for zero reason other than ego shouldn't be treated as acceptable IMHO.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Who cares!

*meh*

Maybe that is also how many people feel about other people's unborn babies as well.

Well, abortion is legal, obviously some people believe it should not be.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Can't we both be outraged?

Maybe this 'trophy' can highlight the black market multilations of species for 'medicinal purposes'.

Speaking of abortions, have you ever meet a dog breeder? some of them shoot the bitch when she becomes barren, and the unwanted pups meet a grisly fate. The only difference is human intervention.

edit on 29-7-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Who cares!

*meh*

If you can equate lions to unborn babies, then awesome!

I'll be just as uncaring about the lion as those who have a preference of crunchy over non-crunchy babies.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
Can't we both be outraged?

Maybe this 'trophy' can highlight the black market multilations of species for 'medicinal purposes'.

Speaking of abortions, have you ever meet a dog breeder? some of them shoot the bitch when she becomes barren, and the unwanted pups meet a grisly fate. The only difference is human intervention.

Not sure if the comment is to me or others - personally not outrage but disappointment. And yes, the dog breeding is bad, shocking, but then that is probably the case for any animal bred for profit only by people who see them as a commodity. I wouldn't be utterly surprised to find out that human baby farming takes place with similar outcomes somewhere in the world.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Who cares!

*meh*

If you can equate lions to unborn babies, then awesome!

I'll be just as uncaring about the lion as those who have a preference of crunchy over non-crunchy babies.

If people are killing unborn babies for fun, I can share that outrage too, particularly if they then take pictures of them smiling triumphantly by the dead baby/fetus - sounds like a deal........... but you mean abortion whatever the reason, don't you?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I'm getting tired of the "offended" crowd and all the false moral outrage people are displaying.

I just wish the guy had put a confederate flag over the body of the lion, then you'd get the "Whine trifecta!"

Flag
Guns
Killing animals

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I just wish the guy had put a confederate flag over the body of the lion, then you'd get the "Whine trifecta!"

Flag
Guns
Killing animals

I thought the "whine trifecta" was:

Liberals
Progressives
Obama

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

You are right and no one can disagree-Many humans have been treated as a commodity for thousands of years.

But back to this Lion-It was a killed by a man who wanted to kill it, not because he needed to kill it. Many Serial killers started by killing animals because they had no emotional attachment to said animals, trophy hunting is serial animal killing as far as I'm concerned, i could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Flag
Guns
Killing animals

Liberals
Progressives
Obama

Nope.

You'd find that under the question, "What destroyed America?"

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Flag
Guns
Killing animals

Liberals
Progressives
Obama

Nope.

You'd find that under the question, "What destroyed America?"

Geez... and all these years I thought it was NAFTA, banksters, and corporate-bought politicians.

Who'd thunk it was actually those tree-hugging dippy hippies all this time ?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

The tree-hugging, dippy hippies are the ones;

Crying over a lion
Celebrating abortions
Writing TPP
Voting for Obamacare
Wanting higher taxes 'cause, climate change
Redistributing wealth
Reinterpreting the Constitution
Creating unsubstainable social programs
Indiscriminately using armed drones
Voting for the freedom Act
Voting for NDAA
Voted for the Patriot Act
Lie about unemployment
Embrace/defend government programs
Creating a nanny-state

Because, you know, it's for the children. Or your safety.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

If people are killing unborn babies for fun, I can share that outrage too, particularly if they then take pictures of them smiling triumphantly by the dead baby/fetus - sounds like a deal........... but you mean abortion whatever the reason, don't you?

Exactly.

Beezer is just a troll, I wouldn't worry.
Somehow nobody should care about a lion.... everyone should ONLY care about the things that Beezer cares about.
Even though there are threads, groups, charities and all manner of support for all of the causes he mentions.
But no... Slaughtering a lion because you find it fun, chopping it's head off and fleeing the country, hey no big deal.

Thankfully this guy is ruined now and his business closed.

He is pure scum.

edit on 29/7/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

a reply to: CranialSponge

The tree-hugging, dippy hippies are the ones;

Crying over a lion
Celebrating abortions
Writing TPP
Voting for Obamacare
Wanting higher taxes 'cause, climate change
Redistributing wealth
Reinterpreting the Constitution
Creating unsubstainable social programs
Indiscriminately using armed drones
Voting for the freedom Act
Voting for NDAA
Voted for the Patriot Act
Lie about unemployment
Embrace/defend government programs
Creating a nanny-state

Because, you know, it's for the children. Or your safety.

Speak for yourself beez, not everyone else.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

This went off topic immediately, can we address the actual rant, why did the female big game hunter, get off with basically a social whipping of a wet noodle, and the guy who did it got absolutely socially crucified.

I enjoy discussing all the topics brought up but they are for other threads and forums.
edit on 29-7-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

This went off topic immediately, can we address the actual rant, why did the female big game hunter, get off with social whipping of a wet noodle, and the guy who did it got socially crucified.

Apologies.

Because it was time to hate again.

When enemies run thin, society, especially this whiny one, needs to find others to hate.

And the chick was hawt. Seriously. HAwt.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yup, there is that darn pass I have been talking about, maybe your jesting, not sure.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Yup, there is that darn pass I have been talking about, maybe your jesting, not sure.

Nope. People need a target to hate.

This guy was made-to-order.

White
Successful
Guns
Hunter
Greed

BINGO!

If you don't feed the masses someone to hate, they might start to look around and actually see who the real enemies are.

This keeps everyone occupied.

Why. . . . . . someone might start a tweeter campaign or post something stirring on Faceblog so you can "share" it!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Now I know why your bunny is crying, but it's something my Avatar could never do .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join