It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

It doesn't matter.

If he's been dead this long, they've been lying and releasing statements from him for years. That alone, is kind of creepy. Does knowing about his death make any big difference in anything? In my opinion which was not asked for, not really. The Taliban are localized small fish anyway nowadays.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
a reply to: roadgravel

It doesn't matter.

If he's been dead this long, they've been lying and releasing statements from him for years. That alone, is kind of creepy. Does knowing about his death make any big difference in anything? In my opinion which was not asked for, not really. The Taliban are localized small fish anyway nowadays.

Pretty much my point. It goes on with a new guy. The possibly fake reports would just demonstrate more of the BS in the whole situation.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Pretty much my point. It goes on with a new guy. The possibly fake reports would just demonstrate more of the BS in the whole situation.

It's apparently been going on with a new guy; and he's a good liar too.

Or, Mullah Omar isn't really dead.

Who knows, I think y'all summed it up best with "It doesn't matter". But if I write that one more time..

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Look how long we've been fighting the "war on drugs" -- and people still buy into it. The war on terror's stakes are higher -- I don't see it ending anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Enough of the OFF TOPIC banter.......please stay on topic.......You are responsible for your own posts.

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I think he's still alive and they don't know what they're talking about.

www.cnn.com...

Updated 3:33 PM ET, Mon April 6, 2015

(CNN) Mullah Mohammed Omar is "still the leader" of the Taliban's self-declared Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan.

That appears to be the primary message of a biography, just published by the Taliban, of the reclusive militant who is credited with founding the group in the early 1990s.

The Taliban's "Cultural Commission" released the 11-page document in several different translations on the movement's website, ostensibly to commemorate the 19th anniversary of an April 4, 1996, meeting in Afghanistan's Kandahar province when an assembly of Afghans swore allegiance to Omar.

Several Afghan observers say the biography is aimed at dispelling rumors of Omar's demise.

"There have been a lot of rumors lately about him. Some people are saying that he is not alive," said Sayyed Muhammad Akbar Agha, a former Taliban insider who has written an autobiography about his days with the movement.

Does the guy really have that big of a cult presence to where the mere thought of him still being alive, as leader in his old & ill age, matters to the average Afghani that much? I know he's famous and all, but a hot headed younger commander could always do new things, see ISIS.
edit on 7/29/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Consider the possibility that SOCOM/Seal teams got the offer to go kill Omar, and all refused...recalling how the long dead bin Laden raid resulted in the death of entire teams in strange copter crashes in afganistan...so the afgans released the info. and by the by, how could our super database driven and sensor system miss Omars location for what...14 years?????

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Now we have the enzyme to produce opiate from a yeast. It's a huge gamechanger, now for governments who control it, but when the cat is out of the bag, wow.

I wonder if foreknowledge of this discovery played a role in the allied "withdraw"? (pun not intended, but yeah)
edit on 30-7-2015 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Afghanistan's main intelligence agency says the reclusive Taliban leader Mullah Mohammad Omar has been dead for more than two years.

Abdul Hassib Seddiqi, the spokesman for Afghanistan's National Directorate of Security, said Wednesday that Mullah Omar died in a hospital in the Pakistani city of Karachi in April 2013.

Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead

Mods I know something has already been posted about this but bear with me, I think this is huuuuuge.

Afghan intelligence is saying Omar has been dead for two years? So who the hell has the government been dealing with during these peace talks?!?!? Who's been running the Taliban for the last two years?

What the actual hell??

edit on KThu, 30 Jul 2015 01:21:27 -0500am3120152740 by Kratos40 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I just remebered

Woe to the worthless shepherd who leaves the flock! A sword will be on his arm and on his right eye! His arm will be totally withered, and his right eye will be blind.

-Zechariah 11:17

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

(CNN)Mullah Akhtar Mohammad Mansour will be the Taliban's new leader following the death of longtime leader Mullah Mohammed Omar.

The news was confirmed in a statement Friday by Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid.

The statement, which was translated from Pashto, said Mansour, who had been a close and trusted friend of Mullah Omar, was announced as the new Amirul Momineen (the leader the faithful) after long consultations and discussions among the leadership council of the Taliban and Islamic scholars.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join