It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Afghanistan's main intelligence agency says the reclusive Taliban leader Mullah Mohammad Omar has been dead for more than two years.

Abdul Hassib Seddiqi, the spokesman for Afghanistan's National Directorate of Security, said Wednesday that Mullah Omar died in a hospital in the Pakistani city of Karachi in April 2013.

Mods I know something has already been posted about this but bear with me, I think this is huuuuuge.

Afghan intelligence is saying Omar has been dead for two years? So who the hell has the government been dealing with during these peace talks?!?!? Who's been running the Taliban for the last two years?

What the actual hell??

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hopefully so!! One less scumbag to worry about..

Probs a lookalike.. @shamrock
edit on 29-7-2015 by robbeh because: ..

(post by KZrkiller removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
He died in a Pakistani hospital. I wonder if the Pakistanis knew about him being there. They claim they didn't know that OBL was living next to their Military Academy for years....

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
There's already an existing thread on this, although I'm sure no one cares because it kinda sucks:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 7/29/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Another good angle, thanks for bringing that up too. Weird how people people keep turning up in a supposed ally's back yard and nobody ever seems to know.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
For "poppies" and black opps?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It doesn't matter. The war on terror isn't going to stop. The big play on Iran hasn't even hit high gear yet.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
It doesn't matter. The war on terror isn't going to stop. The big play on Iran hasn't even hit high gear yet.
It doesn't matter.
Whom is moving the Queen?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: KZrkiller

Are you gonna contribute anything or just make random, cryptic comments?

How is moving a Chess piece cryptic?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: KZrkiller

What does chess have to do with Omar?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I am saying the leaders of these 'enemies' come and go but the war isn't going to stop because it is not just about terror. It's about the US being to be top dog in the world.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So what about all of these recent news articles from earlier this year with him issuing statements against the Islamic State, etc? Someone was releasing statements from the Taliban as him even though he was dead? Isn't that ... un-Islamic?

rudaw.net...
ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – Mullah Mohamed Omar, the leader of the so-called Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan—known more commonly as the Afghan Taliban—has issued a fatwa declaring pledges of allegiance to the self-styled “caliphate” of the Islamic State forbidden in Islamic law, multiple regional news agencies have reported.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
What?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Afghanistan's main intelligence agency says the reclusive Taliban leader Mullah Mohammad Omar has been dead for more than two years.

Abdul Hassib Seddiqi, the spokesman for Afghanistan's National Directorate of Security, said Wednesday that Mullah Omar died in a hospital in the Pakistani city of Karachi in April 2013.

Mods I know something has already been posted about this but bear with me, I think this is huuuuuge.

Afghan intelligence is saying Omar has been dead for two years? So who the hell has the government been dealing with during these peace talks?!?!? Who's been running the Taliban for the last two years?

What the actual hell??

Obviously it makes little difference which Bogey Man is Dead, the Game goes on. Why the Hell we are in Afghanistan is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

new topics

<<   2 >>

join