It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disabled citizens waiting for "good" LEO's to arrive. Waiting....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Still waiting. In the meantime, take a look at reality.

Video highlights of heroing involving the disabled.

Every citizen should have a body cam. Videos reaching the public only catch a small fraction of the human rights abuses.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Maybe Obama phones can be replaced by Obama Google glasses.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Getting thrown to the ground for back talk.

People confined to a wheel chair can hardly put up a fight.

They are already confined, except for their lip.

So most of that footage is about police abuse.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Ahh man, I don't want to watch that! I won't. I know what goes on. It's very unfortunate, and sad we have people not only abusing other people, but other people with disabilities...let alone those who are supposed to 'serve and protect'.

Although, that's the joke right... to serve and protect what exactly? ... it's definitely not serving and protecting the citizens in a lot of cases. It's not serving and protecting the law in a lot of cases. So what are they serving and protecting... select all that apply!!

I just don't want to start my day off with a video of this nature. No offense.

But yes, it would be useful if GoPro issued every person a camera.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The real problem is that these videos are old stories.

We did nothing. We gave consent. We get to live with the consequences, from our failure to do something.

It is done. There is no one left. Now they come for us.

And still we do nothing.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

What are we to do?

I see this posted all the time...."what have you done", blah, blah, blah.

Seriously. ....what CAN we do?

edit on 29-7-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You know what's gonna go through some minds...

"We don't know what happened before this..."
"Cops are people too they have bad days..."
"If you just comply they won't do anything like this, people ask for it..."

Boorish behaviour from the boys in blue...
But they're benevolent beings...
Bull.
edit on 29-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

Edit: not to generalise all the boys in blue.
edit on 29-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The real problem is that these videos are old stories.

I must say, I don't think the "real problem" has anything to do with the age of the videos and stories!!

The real problem has to do with abuse of power by LEOs with little to no oversight, accountability & overall justice. The real problem has to do with lack of common sense and compassion.

The REAL PROBLEM is that this abuse happens WAY TOO OFTEN!!!
edit on 3110x6731America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

But yes, it would be useful if GoPro issued every person a camera. 

Why? They already have plenty of video. What will 1000% more videos accomplish?

We have accepted our gilded cages. We blindly and quietly came and left our cages each day, deceiving ourselves with the lie that we were free.

When we saw, and said and did nothing, each time one of us got our wings clipped, or when one of us was ripped from our cage or locked out, wrongfully, we gave consent.

We continue to deceive ourselves. We think the madness is going to just stop. We think a Hero is going to fall from the sky. We think they are going to see the error of their ways. We think that religion, death, government is going to save us.

Only we can save us and it is not looking very good for the home team.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Bull.

damn and i was just wondering why the police are so against people sitting down....

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well you were certainly not a target of my ramblings, buddy.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Yep, just remember it's only a "few bad apples".

It just so happens that those "few bad apples" are supported by other "few bad apples", who are also supported by the senior "few bad apples", who are all also defended by a union of a "few bad apples"...

It would be really fascinating to see just how many colleagues of these officers ever filed any report, any complaint, or ever willingly gave evidence against any of those "few bad apples".

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Total government failure.

Again.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Bull.

Edit: not to generalise all the boys in blue.

Whether you agree or not, I prefer just a touch of context before passing judgement. Do you not find it strange that all of the footage starts with the alleged police committing the apparent offence? so many hoaxes on youtube I won't take anything at face value, fall all I know, the 'victims' are actually able bodied and antagonised the LEO's (if they really are LEO's) and then got into the chair - far fetched? Yes, absolutely. Impossible? Nope, no idea without context.

And what is 'Police kill amputee' all about? Because they were an amputee?

link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

What are we to do?

I see this posted all the time...."what have you done", blah, blah, blah.

Seriously. ....what CAN we do?

I think we start by accepting that we are the heroes. If you see a wrong, at least try to make it right.

I hate TV because it is a conditioning tool. It teaches you subliminally, what to think, say, and do. It conditions you to fear being the odd one out, the different one. The one who goes against the grain.

Yet who gets the money, the girl/boy and the car? Who gets to be the "star"? The odd ones, the different ones, that "they" select. The ones that they want you to envy, to accept and to imitate.

What to do when you see a wrong being done? Do what you would do if you knew and loved the person being wronged. If it is dangerous to intervene, get a lot of attention focused on what is happening. Somebody will get away with photo evidence. Follow up. Demand accountability.

There is no rule book. Even if there is a Google page with instructions on what to do, it may not fit the event and may be way too late to be of help. Stop looking for answers from other people and stop waiting for somebody else to do something. Follow your heart and listen to your gut.

It starts with the disenfranchised. It ends with us. The signals were clear. We missed them. By land or by sea doesn't matter anymore, when the enemy is at the door.

link   

edit on 29-7-2015 by uncommitted because: Double post

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Of course wanting context is understandable...
I don't doubt that, uncommitted.

My point is more along the lines of what context would dragging disabled people out of wheelchairs suffice us enough to say "well he had no choice"?

But yes you do have a point.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
Whether you agree or not, I prefer just a touch of context before passing judgement.

And that's the problem, context is actually irrelevant in some situations.

There is absolutely no excuse for what you've witnessed in those videos - none, nada, zero, zilch.

There is absolutely no way any of those UNARMED people deserved to be treated in that way by those cops, regardless of the circumstances before the film starts. The fact you think there could be any excuse shows the level of apologist mentality we're dealing with here, and the level of mental gymnastics people are willing to go through to seek out an "excuse" for brutality.

There is no excuse at all.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

Of course wanting context is understandable...
I don't doubt that, uncommitted.

My point is more along the lines of what context would dragging disabled people out of wheelchairs suffice us enough to say "well he had no choice"?

But yes you do have a point.

In a perfect world I would agree that dragging someone who is disabled out of a wheelchair should never be acceptable within the context the footage purports to show, but that's the problem, I can only see what the person who edited those clips together wants me to see and I'm in no position to say it's an accurate reflection of what the video suggests.

I'm by no means naive, I am aware that there are police (and indeed people in every area of society) that do some very bad things, I'm not suggesting otherwise.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: uncommitted
Whether you agree or not, I prefer just a touch of context before passing judgement.

And that's the problem, context is actually irrelevant in some situations.

There is absolutely no excuse for what you've witnessed in those videos - none, nada, zero, zilch.

There is absolutely no way any of those UNARMED people deserved to be treated in that way by those cops, regardless of the circumstances before the film starts. The fact you think there could be any excuse shows the level of apologist mentality we're dealing with here, and the level of mental gymnastics people are willing to go through to seek out an "excuse" for brutality.

There is no excuse at all.

I don't think you read the full content of my post, you seem to have concentrated on the first line only, which is your right, but to ignore the reasons why I believe context and knowledge is important is showing a different level of mental gymnastics - limbo-ing so low you are simply accepting what the video shows without questioning. That again is your right, and if indeed in your experience these things happen day to day and you see them or have reliable witness statements then yes, it is shocking.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join