It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee State Rep. Gets DUI case tossed out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Never said I didn't.

Nor have I ever expressed that I don't share the frustration.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm glad someone in LEO does......
edit on 29-7-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
totally. utterly. smammered.

SARCASM ON!!! you better stay out of robertson county....... boy. SARCASM OFF!!!

i like you.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

you smell like wisdom.
got any tips to deal with the frustration?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Good thing he didn't have a pro-police bumper sticker or air fresheners in his car as those have recently been ruled probable cause for a traffic stop.

I want to run for office so I can be Judged by a different set rules too.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

As much as the response pisses me off the judge is not out of line, but actually holding to SCOTUS rulings on the topic. Before lane violations were enough to reach R/S to make a stop. Several cases resulted in appeals, resulting in Supreme Court involvement. Lane violations must be specific now and must occur more than just a few times. By specific I mean we have to describe how far over the line the vehicle travelled and how many times it occurred.

This is to take into account peoples driving habits, their vehicle, road conditions, etc etc.

With that said his constituents should demand answers as to why he was drinking and driving and what he meant when he asked his wife to make the phone calls for him. The other thing to look at is where this Representative was coming from / going to at the time it occurred. Most state reps have certain immunity when coming from / going to official government sessions.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I get all that.

That being said, I've never had one tossed out for this reason. And it seems miiiiiighty convenient that it came into play in this particular instance.

Totally agree with the last bit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join