It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban Leader Mullah Omar Has Died, Afghan Officials Say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Talib an Leader Mullah Omar Has Died, Afghan Officials Say

Mullah Omar, whose Taliban regime in Afghanistan sheltered Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda for years before the September 11th attacks, has died, Afghan officials said today.

The Afghan president's and prime minister's offices offered no specifics as to how or when Omar died. The announcement was made as Kabul and the Taliban engage in a second round of peace talks this month.

Last week, Afghan President Ashraf Ghani thanked the reclusive Omar for endorsing the peace talks, which began earlier this month in Pakistan, where they were supervised by U.S. and Chinese representatives.

U.S. officials could not immediately confirm Omar's death. The State Department is currently offering a $10 million reward for information leading to him.

Lets see if this will affect the peace talks between the Taliban and the Afghan government.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
That's just a real shame right there isn't it? I'm not sure if I'll be able to carry on for the rest of the day as I am too distraught.

It certainly won't take long to see if (like in the U.S.) these folks will refuse to let a good "tragedy" go to waste. I'm betting they won't since that seems to be a human trait and not necessarily only something that the USA does.

join