It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That seemingly never ending reoccurring thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This is just a thought about a reoccurring thought of course. What makes it reoccur so much? is it an attention seeking thought looking for a lover. Is it always really the same thought or is it something else in the guise of a thought? Does the mind just simply pump them out simply because that is the mechanics of the mind? What is the best method for letting that cloud pass by? Some practical answers could be beneficial in this matter!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Is this about sex?

I have the opposite problem myself. Fleeting brainstorms that if i
could keep them in my head long enough? Would change the world.
Or at least my world. But then sex comes to mind again and poof. I can't
even remember what the train of thought was that led to great
idea.

Guess it wasn't that important.

SnF
edit on Ram72915v31201500000047 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I have a different thing.. I have no thoughts.
I don't even know how to explain.
Nothing pops in my head. I have to pop it in.

So when I have something to go on like your op, I can then decided to think and have these words, but starting my own thread takes a lot of energy.

If I am sitting quietly or walking quietly or eating quietly.. Chances are 90% I am still not thinking.. I have to decide to have thoughts.

I'm not sure I recommend this... As you will have nothing telling you to eat or sleep or anything like this.. Though it makes addictions easy to scrap..

Anyway..

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Is this about sex?

It could be, everything can be seen in terms of sex if that is what turns you on!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs
That is a very good sign if you are happy with it as there is so much stuff in our lives to prompt a whole mirage of thoughts. Most would take it as a blessing.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

If I was married to life, it would be a curse, so my warning.
Anyone who reads this and is looking further. Yes it's a blessing.
Free will takes a lot of work.

oh god I sound terrible self interested yucky..
I hope my above words can be read without me in them.

Oh and to your OP that I sort of missed.
I missed it because I am not missing anything, but to be fair I also met a girl so... Just being honest.

Practical Answer:

Love yourself.
Slow down.
it's all right there. It's awesome. I'm grateful to be here.

obviously the ways of meditation or yoga.. Focus on something that's not personified. Ocean waves or breathing, or Rocks. Or dirt or trees, or grass.. And let go. You'll still be there when you let go, but your stress won't be able to hold on.
edit on 29-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Reoccurring thoughts, I usually take as a sign I need to investigate something further.Once my curiousity is satisfied, I usually find myself thinking other things.Meditation and practicing self awareness are good ways to tackle this.If a thought is puzzling you can also ask your subconscious, higher power, the universe or whatever image of divinity you relate, to provide clues or answers.The answers could come in a variety of forms or events.

Often these kinds of thoughts remind me of goals, tasks, or other kinds of commitments I have yet to complete or release.In the context of various environments or individuals I interact with, they may be mirroring energies I need to study deeper or suggest sharing for mutual benefit...

edit on 29-7-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammer

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I've often wondered the same thing. According to the Gnostic's, it is the deviant thoughts that are implants from the Archon's..

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

You have to get it out, make it solid. Form it into something so you can look at it. Write it. Paint it. Argue with yourself about it. In the end, see it for what it is.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Avantgarde
I've often wondered the same thing. According to the Gnostic's, it is the deviant thoughts that are implants from the Archon's..

I love lizard people archons gods aliens witches demons.. They are fun people too.

Lolz and star.

But deviant thoughts are your own, if you are the one thinking.
So like I said.

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You have to get it out, make it solid. Form it into something so you can look at it. Write it. Paint it. Argue with yourself about it. In the end, see it for what it is.

I like that a LOT.

edit on 29-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

the human mind loves to recognize patterns, it naturally yearns to make order out of chaos, could be what your referring to is when you have an incomplete thought, you have an urge to finish it, complete it, fill in the rest of the pattern.

give it the attention it craves and it should pass.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Neurons firing off!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

At first ivjad. I had a hard time believing it to be a blessing. To me, it was a curse. Always being pushed and pried at to "speak" of my feelings. They wouldn't understand, they called me shy or depressed. No. I just don't want to talk to you. Lol.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Awareness oscillates between two dualistic poles in the reactive conditioned world.
Single pointed awareness using advanced meditation techniques using breathing microcosmic orbit, a proper balanced and deeply relaxed concentration on a single point slightly above eye level such as a candle flame that can be found in Good Yoga or Taoist teachings, with a connection to an advanced practitioner and group and driven by a longing of the soul for the absolute seem to have worked best in my own experience. Thoughts are just reactive formations that if viewed in a dispassionate and deeply relaxed and concentrated state can be seen through and the formation and reaction cease in a higher state of inner knowing.

edit on 29-7-2015 by starswift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
For me, it is music. I hear certain songs, and they can stay with me for days, constantly playing over and over again in the background... And detail, the nuances of the song play back like crystal, with certain parts repeating over and over. Kicker is, many times they are songs I do not like! Some times a particular thought will trigger a 3 day song.... wierdness.

So, never ending reoccurring thoughts or recalled songs... same thing?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19631307]starswift[/post
yes this is a true reading of how it is, but how about one that is highly emotionaly charged?
That seems to take on a stronger position and can be a challenge to see through in that manner. It more like a splinter that enters deep and to bring it to an end, one almost has to do surgery.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

So, never ending reoccurring thoughts or recalled songs... same thing?

Yes I would say it is, but at least one knows its a recording, haha. Sometimes knowing the source of the thought or issue kind of helps to disperse it. I think there is a name for the musical one, " ear worm". For those specialy if I dont like the tune, I quickly bombard it with another of some kind of jiberish and if applied quickly a detour is found.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope
Yes, very good idea! with my current one I may make some mud balls or something. Then stamp them in to the ground with all my physical might. Toro, toro, toro.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Emotion is attachment, the splinter is death,
to remove it death must die.
It will end when in finality you end the illusion.
The big you, that is.

new topics

top topics

join