It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big game hunters...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
These pathetic "oh my mommy never loved me as a child" pieces of dog sh1t, are the pondlife of humanity. And apologies to all life in ponds that unfairly get classed with these with oxygen thieving cnuts.
THEY should be punished, by being put out in the wild with NOTHING to aid them. And you know what? I'd even watch their demise gladly.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I have had cats my whole life and I am a cat lover. I love lions too they are beautiful and awesome.

BUt cats are serial killers who hunt for sport all the time and torture their prey. When it comes to cats I always assume they probably deserved it..

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

This has been blowing up on my Facebook a lot today.

It's very upsetting to see an animal lose its life for the sake of, "sport".

I can accept hunting for food, but doing so for the sake of killing an animal is sick.

I've read that he's claiming ignorance and blaming his guides for duping him into killing the lion, unaware it was protect. I think it's rubbish though, as apparently he's been in trouble for poaching a bear in the states before this.

He's definitely Public Enemy 1 with the internet though. His practice is taking a beating on both Yelp and it's Google page as far as 1 star reviews. I personally hope this ruins him.

edit on 28-7-2015 by PaidShill because: Auto correct, stupid phone

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I think your rage/disgust is misplaced.

It should be focused on the safari guide company. They are paid fairly well by the hunters to legally hunt. Fault should be on the company that didn't do their job.

You shouldn't be upset about the high price either because the majority of that money goes to conservation of the very animals being hunted.

Sport hunting pays the villagers and Rangers.

The Rangers drive away the poachers and happy well feed villagers want to keep the money that sport hunting brings in so they do not harbor poachers or become poachers. (in a perfect world, but even in this case it looks like a villager was complacent)

With the cooperation of villagers and rangers they have drilled artificial wells to maintain the animal populations in times of drought. Not because they like the animals that threaten their lives, but because they like the benefits from sport hunts.

So if there is a ban on sport hunting there will be fewer Rangers and far more Poachers who slaughter at wholesale to feed the villagers and satisfy the oriental markets that just got to have their Lion Scrotum soup holistic mumbo jumbo.

So if groups successfully demonize the hunters which in turn drives away legal hunting and the large amounts conversation funding it provides then in a few decades there will not be any more critters for anyone to cry over.

Even though I am not a hunter I can still understand that without it the animals in those regions would be far fewer than now and much worse off.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I don't particularly care for sport hunting that doesn't involve harvesting for food. However, if I am not mistaken, the game reserve actually needs to cull older animals for the safety of the other animals in the parks. As a result, they allow hunters the opportunity to pay for the right to hunt one of these animals. This is one way the reserve raises money to help cover their operating expenses.

In some circumstances you might be correct but here the lion was deliberately lured off the reservation where it was protected. This has nothing to do with conservation, the guy was just a sick puppy who wanted to make himself feel big by killing a lion.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Well said BM - there's another bigger thread on the main boards where most people agree that this barbaric slaughter was completely awful and that 'Big game hunting' and trophy hunting are sick and for deranged losers only.
But there are a couple of crazies in there defending this assholes actions, which are entirely indefensible, but that doesn't stop them trying.

This Dentist and those like him really are scum of the earth, only a couple of rungs down the laddder from the worst of the worst people on the planet.
Made me mad too man, completely unnecessary slaughter of a beautiful creature.
edit on 29-7-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
lolll this was an "sport"killing???????
noooo ....just an execution of an half domesticated lion without any sort of danger for the killer....
please never call him an hunter ! its just an serial killer for lust.!a reply to: BlueJacket

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more.

There is a ...... man, that a friend mows lawn for. He had a house build, not far from us. Nobody lives in this house. It is for display. Of all his kills. Including a giraffe.
Seriously?

More than obvious he isn't hunting for food.

Asshat.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This guy sucks at money management.

Just look here:

www.fortrickey.com...

A zoo for sale. You could wander around at your leisure, and kill these animal in any cool way you wanted. Spear gun, crossbow, hell, there might be seal you could club to death.

Point is, the animals are already caged up. No chasing involved. (easy kills) And if you got tired, you could sell hunts to your other buddies. maybe 20k to kill a lemur, or 15k to kill a koala. Make it interesting.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Yeah mate another sick selfie and trophy for a sick individual

Hunting for survival or food is another matter but hunting for sport crossed the line IMO

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Edumakated
I don't particularly care for sport hunting that doesn't involve harvesting for food. However, if I am not mistaken, the game reserve actually needs to cull older animals for the safety of the other animals in the parks. As a result, they allow hunters the opportunity to pay for the right to hunt one of these animals. This is one way the reserve raises money to help cover their operating expenses.

In some circumstances you might be correct but here the lion was deliberately lured off the reservation where it was protected. This has nothing to do with conservation, the guy was just a sick puppy who wanted to make himself feel big by killing a lion.

In pretty much all the big game hunting that is the case. In this case, it could be that the hunter was mislead by the guide company. Corruption and lying are pretty much standard business practice in many countries in Africa. He very well may have thought he was on a legit hunt killing a lion that had been identified for culling.

Hunting is necessary. Far too many people have gotten all milk toast about life and death. While I understand people want to believe the Lion King just got killed, the reality for those that live around these great animals is far different.

I don't particularly care for trophy hunting, but do recognize it does have a place in conservation efforts. Personally, I think trophy hunting with a cross bow or firearm makes you wuss. I'd have more respect if they guy took the lion down with his bare hands or butter knife. I'd even give him props for doing it with a spear. I can't respect trophy hunters who hide in a tree stand and take a kill shot from 50 or 100 yards using a high powered scope. A 12 year old can do that imho.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

This man if you want to call him that is a cruel scumbag of the highest order. Cruel and pathetic are the words that come to mind. If you have seen my posts before I am a constitutional conservative but I am also pro animal rights. I respect and love life and acts like this make my stomach turn.

The best way to solve this issue is teach your children empathy and compassion for anything living.
edit on 29-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
Personally I cant understand the mindset of someone whose reaction to rare and beautiful wild animal is to want to kill it. I am not sure I agree that licensed hunts are good for conservation. While I am sure they do raise much needed revenue they also perpetuate the mind set that hunting these animals for sport is acceptable.
If they need to be hunted to control population or because one is injured/too old then it should be done professionally. Not by some inadequate who needs to get kicks killing and who try's and fails to kill with a bow resulting in two days unnecessary suffering for the animal.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I can't get outraged.

Meh.

But for everyone torn up and wanting this guy dead, a video. . . .

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

I agree with everything you posted......Empathy and compassion are learned traits that parents need to teach. When I was a young boy I was burning a ant with a magnifying glass and my mom came out and asked how would it feel if someone did that to you........Light bulb went off in my young mind......Thank you mom.....Thank you for the gift of empathy.

Now truth be told I will walk around a worm on the ground after the rain.....Why step on it if I can just walk around it.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Personally I cant understand the mindset of someone whose reaction to rare and beautiful wild animal is to want to kill it. I am not sure I agree that licensed hunts are good for conservation. While I am sure they do raise much needed revenue they also perpetuate the mind set that hunting these animals for sport is acceptable.
If they need to be hunted to control population or because one is injured/too old then it should be done professionally. Not by some inadequate who needs to get kicks killing and who try's and fails to kill with a bow resulting in two days unnecessary suffering for the animal.

How do you know this particular hunter or others aren't "professionals"? I doubt many amateurs want to spend $50k or more to hunt a lion just for the thrill of it.

I'd rather a handful of hunters pay a lot for the opportunity to hunt these great beasts raising money that furthers conservation efforts than for old lions or other animals to just die naturally (which in many cases is worse than being shot). Getting ripped apart by a pack of hyenas or mortally wounded only to die a week or two later from an infested wound that causes you to starve to death doesn't sound too pleasant either.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I operate on the general rule that if you are paying to do something you are not a professional. It's almost the definition.
I entirely agree about it being more cruel to let injured or infirm animals suffer. I disagree that licensed hunting is best way to deal with it.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Humans are too full of themselves. They believe that they need to police nature in order to keep it running as we want it to. Yet they fail to see that nature has for millions of years worked absolutely fine until the idiot monkey came about.

All this "need culling for this and that reason" is just human gobbledigook for meaning "I want nature to OBEY and fulfill MY needs, whilst I go about and do exactly the things I claim certain animals are doing".

Humans want to kill animals because they are apparently encroaching into OUR territory, when in fact it is US invading theirs, making them desperate to find food. Humans want to kill animals because they are dangerous, haha, the idiocy beggars belief, there are millions of animals daily killed by humans, yet if one desperate animal dares to fight back...

Humans want to kill animals because they make us sick [i.e rats etc, those creatures some call 'vermin']. The reason some animals live so close to us is because we are not only on their turf but we are dirty monkeys, throwing out food and rubbish which attracts those little guys. There is never a ploy by a horde of rats to usurp humans by killing them slowly with contagious illnesses.

Humans kill animals because they need to die as they will eat crops, kill life stock...Same story, no big plan by the animals, they just try to survive and there are no laws in nature that puts us categorically above them and makes us right and them wrong. There are always more humane ways to sort out certain problems, even though all problems we have are caused by the idiot human.

Killing a sentient, large creature for fun is just the lowest of the low the idiot monkey can get. There are no excuses or reasons, it is what it is: Murder.

What needs to happen is that we stop trying to 'run' nature to our agenda to the obscene extent we are doing now. There are too many of us and a lot of us are cruel to the bone [and thick too]. Fortunately there are a lot of humans that seem to have evolved to the next stage of just being a mindless monkey and understand that we need to live with nature, not try to rule it.

Fortunately nature will one day sort itself out. When there are no more animals humans will hopefully diminish to a manageable level and everything will get the chance to replenish itself. We are a disease Earth is inflicted with and WE are the ones in the wrong.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

"How do you know this particular hunter or others aren't "professionals"? I doubt many amateurs want to spend $50k or more to hunt a lion just for the thrill of it. "

okay ..how it works.....the helpers lure an animal / they conditioning the anlmal so it can do no harm ...then the "hunter" can take an clear shot for kill ....very thrilling :-(

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Oh ya! I read this story some days ago, seemed he was a dentist from Minnesota payed 50K for his guides to kill a lion, from what I read they just tied a carcass to a jeep or truck, and lured the lion out, then when it got to the spot, the guy shoot it with a bow, then his guided tracked it till it died, at which point the guy shoot it again when it was dying a whole day latter, and got a headpiece for his collection. He is trying to say that this was all legal and he did not know it was on a park reserve, or that the lion in question was protected, and put the blame on his guides saying he did not know.

Between this and the whole ivory trade online, on craigslist I think there was something about them not allowing the trade of ivory or monitoring for it, but thats not likely to happen, as time and time again has shown that were there is a profit there is a way. And there was another thread around here again about how elephants are going extinct because of the ivory and poaching trade in as little as 10 years. Well you do the math and you to will see the future.

I have nothing against hunting, but not for sport, and not endangered species. Its just retarded. But ya! lol. The great white hunter, has to have some others tie a carcass to a car and lure a lion out to a spot were he can shoot it at his leisure with a compound bow. Not much of a sport in that as well, this was more like a leisure cruse and shoot a animal at this spot type of thing it seems. # the only they could have made it easier is if his guide helped him pull back the string on his bow and aimed for him as well.

And those bows, can be lethal and deadly most especially if you dont make a clean shot the animal can literally take days to die from the wound. I know because I was thinking of getting a compound bow, not for hunting or even sport. More because were moving in a more nature setting, and I looked online at the area were moving, and I did not think there would have been any dangerous wild animals in the area, as its not really in the boonies or anything, but on a county site were people call in about such things or wild animals they seen on there property or in the area.

I found this sort of call ins about the area. "Cougar sighted in area, or cougar kills a family horse during night, or black bear and cubs sighted in the area please be on the advise, there was even a sighting of a wolf, and pets or animals being killed if left off at night, even advice about how to deal with black bears and not leaving trash out overnight, or even about barbequing and what to look for in terms of tracks and claw marks on trees and there seasonal habits, and even from some years ago one guy was mauled by a bear while on a hike in a nearby forest park with his buddies and dogs" I was like. Oh man, here i thought the worst would be that maybe I would run into a racoon or coyotes wondering by, but it seems in that area its more likely to run into a brown bear then a coyote in the area.

So since were none of us all that much of gun people, I think at the very least a compound bow may come in handy, or if not, just something to practice at for fun, and keep around just in case till things settle down and after. So been looking at those bows. And they are no toys that is for sure, after all this guy killed a lion with it, but also it does take some skill and practice to use most especially in making a clean kill with it, you literally have to know animal anatomy as well. But if this guy just shoot it and it died the next day? Then mighty hunter here and guides who got the lion to come out and in his line of sight probably just aimed for the biggest part and target, and let lose, as it took the lion a day to die from the wound.

Even these jokers seemed to have done better then our dentist, they at the very least made a quick kill. So yes those bows are no joke. But ya! Must be quite a gig for these "guides" getting payed 50k to find a lion some some overweight city slickers can sneak up behind it at a watering hole and shoot it. Its ridiculous, how is this hunting when all they do is sit around having breakfast and wait around on there "guides" or "tracker" to find something and drive and take them to a spot were they can shoot at a lion. I mean WTF! These guys act like big # when all they did is have breakfast and drove around a truck all day while somebody tracked it, then when they spotted it they shoot it. Big freaking woop. The guy even has his link at the bottom if anybody is willing to pay 50k for a run at these hunts.
Link to lion hunting gigs

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join