It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican lawmaker files motion to unseat John Boehner - Unprecedented in History of House

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Personally I'd be happy if anyone in Washington served the majority of their constituency period - while keeping partisan and all other secondary interests in perspective.

I would be happy if we could end the entire premise of parties and let everyone run as an independent. This way, corporate interests would have a much more difficult time buying votes along party lines and the public would be forced to vote for what a candidate actually stood for.

I have said it many times, the party system is faulty.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
What makes Boehner not a Conservative?

His complexion.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

What can he do on the ACA? I mean it's been challenged dozens of times, gone to SCOTUS how many times? What can he do?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
He better gird his loins for the retaliation to ensue.....Boehner is fond of the revenge card.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This could be very dangerous for some Republicans if boner decides to spill the beans on some lobbyist improprieties, tied to people like, oh I don't know....everyone!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

No dear. Worker ownership not Corporate. Remember?

The mis-understood idealisms are melting like ice cubes in hot water aren't they.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Specifically what though? What did he lie down on that he should have fought for or against?

I swear I'm not trolling here.

Her is a good place to begin:
Try This

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Some of the comments on the article are hilarious!

Nothing like seeing the republicans tear themselves apart from within. They should keep up the good work. At the rate they're going, they won't have a snowballs chance in hell of becoming president.

Bwhahahahaha!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

So basically everyone's mad that he called a vote on the Omnibus instead of keeping the government shut down?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Over the last few weeks we have seen the GOP slowly imploding. There is too much infighting between the several factions and this debacle will become the poster child of what not to do when you have majorities in congress.

John Boehner IS the reason for all the Republican infighting. He will at one moment say , yes we are going to repeal this or fight that or do this. Then he caves in like a frightened child. I have no idea whats up with him.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Its a pointless debate.. Just like when there were talks of Obama being impeached. Libs laughed at it why because not going to happen.. just like this the debate is pointless not going to happen. Its just a bash Boehner (who I don't like anyways ) and GOP thread

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm really trying to understand this, I mean I don't like Boehner... but that's mainly because of his Conservative push. I really can't figure out why Conservatives hate him, there's gotta be more than ACA, CRomnibus and TPP.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I believe it's because people like Boehner represent the establishment, half-assed moderate portion of the republican party that talk a good game, but still compromise on key issues that benefit the system overall.

What we have in congress today is a mixture and many of the newly elected members of the GOP are more hard-lined extremists that are not willing to compromise or even talk about issues.

It's their way or the highway.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19628212]Kali74[/pos

TPP is enough ...seriously...WTO, Nafta, Cafta etc...TPP is the icing...this is why the people who keep complaining about not having jobs...dont have jobs.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

GOP is almost chock a block full of progressives as the Democratic party

Good one!
There's maybe one progressive Republican in America today.

How can theocrats be progressive?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Good one!
There's maybe one progressive Republican in America today.

How can theocrats be progressive?

??? one???? not even close man.......

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: introvert
Over the last few weeks we have seen the GOP slowly imploding. There is too much infighting between the several factions and this debacle will become the poster child of what not to do when you have majorities in congress.

Past few weeks?

Theyve BEEN imploding bud, the true conservative base is tired of the Republicans who are suppose to be conservatives, not representing our interests......

I for one would be happy to see it go

Contrary to popular opinion, the GOP isn't historically a one sided party. The notion that the republican party only caters to the conservative rode in the 90's and this process is why they can't win national elections. Historically The republican party had liberals and progressives along with conservative members, but I remember purges, and talk of Rhinos the last few years, just like historically the democrats had many conservatives. Catering to one narrow political mind set is why the republican party has the lowest approval rating, even Obama has a higher approval rating.

Every time they lose they shift further to the right, how is this working for you?
edit on 28-7-2015 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

And to think I share a common professional relationship with "Boner". Sets my back teeth. The things we do for family, huh?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Interesting, could you describe or explain what you mean by "conservative push"?

He seems to be lacking that to most conservatives

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Ok, I read that piece. Here's the problems I have with it.

#1. Repealing Obamacare. All the courts said it was legal, the system itself passed through Congress, and it followed all legal guidelines. The law was also passed in response to a need, because despite it's flaws it is in fact better than what previously existed. At every opportunity Republicans have been given the ability to suggest changes to the law, or viable alternatives. This debate has been going on since 2008 and not one valid plan has been put forward other than "repeal it". Isn't the responsible plan, not to repeal it but to replace it? What do we replace it with?

#2. On the government shutdown. Are you seriously putting forward the notion that we should just defund the government? Again, the responsible thing to do is keep things running smoothly, these shutdowns actually cost us a lot of money, money that we could avoid spending by simply keeping things operational and dealing with the question of the scope of government, while it's open for business.

Much of this link you sent, just sources arguments from the opinions of conservative radio talk show hosts. The problem is that those hosts don't understand politics. They understand ideology. Have you ever listened to Hannity for example when he's questioned on things like how to compromise and get a deal passed? He falls back to platitudes like "negotiate from a position of strength" and can't actually give any details. It should be a good thing that Boehner isn't taking lessons in being a politician from an ideologue.

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: [post=19628212]Kali74[/pos

TPP is enough ...seriously...WTO, Nafta, Cafta etc...TPP is the icing...this is why the people who keep complaining about not having jobs...dont have jobs.

So economic protectionism, where the government steps in and chooses who and what products to tariff is now part of the conservative platform? I thought they supported free markets, which is precisely what the TPP does.

originally posted by: BlueJacket
He is one of the biggest career politicians like Mitch, Pelosi, etc...that need to go far far away

What's wrong with career politicians? Career politicians need to win vote after vote and keep their constituents happy. They aren't the ones who are worried about leaving after 2-6 years and getting a private sector job at some corporation they were friendly to.

Having more politicians instead of less that are insiders and get 40+ years to perfect their craft and rise through the ranks is a good thing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join