posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:15 AM
1. For iPhones, it is necessary to jailbreak it in order for you to install certain applications that are not approved by Apple, such as spy programs
for mobile phones.
2. Jailbreaking allows you to customize the ringtones and notification sounds of your iPhone.
3. Jailbreaking an iPhone makes it easier to unlock your device. This means that you can use it with another carrier’s SIM card.
4. By rooting an Android phone, its performance can improve drastically.
5. Some Android phones need to be rooted so that you can install programs on their microSD card.
1. Rooting or jailbreaking your device the wrong way can leave you with a device that you can no longer use. Although you can still restore your
smartphone, things will be different and quite messed up.
2. Jailbreaking and rooting a device can wipe all your apps and data in your phone. Thus, you should have a backup of everything first before you go
on to jailbreak or root your cell phone.
3. The biggest concern you have is that rooting or jailbreaking your phone can put your device at great risk. These processes can compromise your
phone’s security and reliability.
4. Installing unofficial programs and software can expose your phone to viruses and other malicious codes. This can cause serious damage to your
phone’s operating system.
edit on Jul 27th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)