It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Receiving death threats, officials release new Sandra Bland jail video

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: roadgravel

There was no video of Bland in the cell, but the county has previously released footage showing that no one had approached Bland’s cell during her last hours.

So they released video of the whole time from going back to her cell to being found? Otherwise that doesn't prove what they say. I suppose that fact will be determined by someone with all the video they prepared.

They cant release that video because we would all know she most likely didnt hang herself. . . . . . She was probably murdered. Otherwise they would have released the whole tape long ago of her hanging herself.

I am certain they don't have a camera on every single cell in the jail, that is ridiculous to expect. Even prisoners have certain rights, and I am pretty sure that would violate them.

On top of that, even if they did have footage of her hanging herself, there is no way in hell that they would release it just to appease angry twitter, facebook, and ATS users. Could you imagine her family watching their daughter, sister, etc. watching her hang herself over and over again because angry people couldn't admit that they may be wrong? That would be unimaginably cruel to her family, I am willing to bet they would endure the threats and outrage before they would do something so insensitive.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Face it! You can show this woman wrapping the rope around her neck and it won’t matter to the paid Black Lives Terrorist group. They’re on a mission from the White House!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Danke

Why do you think anything had to have gone wrong?

a person lost there life, in state custody.

She had 30 healing cuts on her wrists indicating that around 2 weeks ago she went to town on herself. I dated a girl in high school that had drug issues and cut her wrists a few times. She was a great person, but very very unstable. A happy and stable person doesn't cut themselves 30 times...and she had a history of attempted suicide.

again, a person lost their life, in the hands of the state. suicidal individuals are, BY STATE LAW, required to be hospitalized. your statements may be true, but they do not remove responsibility for the NEGLIGENT DEATH under their supervision.

She also had a lot of pot in her system, so she was obviously an avid smoker. Going 3 days without smoking wouldn't have helped at all with her mental state.

again, same as the last quote, NO BEARING ON NEGLIGENT DEATH.

So given all of that, why is it hard to believe that she killed herself?

let me tell you why.

after being a detox counselor at a state rehab under recovery kentucky [after completing the course myself
]
i have witnessed many individuals in turmoil, most admittedly under the long-term influence of mind-altering substances. over 90% of these individuals could also have been described as having psychological disturbances as well. (yes, even after 6-12 months of sobriety..... true mental illness).... they might have been at the university of phoenix but i have taken 2 years of psych... i was 19 and didn't know any better so give me a break lol.

but anyway.......

not me.... not one of those ~350people willingly commited suicide withing my 18 months on site.......

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danke
Over the last week or so there have been hundreds of people on ATS alone saying that they were sure she had been killed, and coming up with crazy conspiracy theories. Now I love a good conspiracy theory as much as anybody else, but I was sickened to see so many ATS regulars who I respect jumping to these conclusions. What happened to waiting for the evidence? This video shows her taking the mugshot that the majority of you were so convinced was staged after she had died.

Actually, I've seen most people considering the image and weighing up the possibilities rather than jumping to conclusions on ATS. Sure there are some who instantly jump to the worst possible scenario and the mere suspicion of wrongdoing is enough for them to claim it's evidence, but I and others based our opinions on the images we saw and reasonable beliefs and comparisons to other images.

For example, there is no getting away from the fact that the mugshot image released by the police was suspicious when compared to many others from that jail. The lighting, the shoulder positions, the manner in which her clothing appeared to rest over her shoulders rather than hang from them...

These are all relevant to the discussion, but it doesn't mean that she MUST have been MURDERED in the way some believed.

Now look at what happened as a result. Death threats, cyber attacks, and for what? Obviously you guys aren't personally responsible, but this ignorant herd behavior needs to stop.

As you say, none of us are responsible for the actions of others, but the actions of others doesn't mean that we should end all discussion about important issues either.

Evidence should be presented, cases should be debated, aspects of those events should be discussed. Why the hell should everyone shut up about current events and cases like this just because some are idiotic enough to make threats about it?

And where do you stop? Should we just shut down the forum now - just in case someone threatens someone somewhere at some time?

Of course not, that would be ridiculous.

Regardless of the discussion about all of this, that officer arrested a woman simply because of her attitude, she did not need to be arrested, she did not need to be detained, she did not need to spend a weekend in jail, she did not need to die in their care.

Regardless of whether she took her own life (and I now believe she did), there is no getting away from the fact that those officers and that police department failed in their duties, and their actions contributed to her death.

In addition, the mere suspicion that she was murdered in her cell there perfectly displays the level of absolute distrust many have. Even if everything went perfectly smoothly and no one was responsible for her death, the mere suspicions of people is evidence enough that your country is in serious trouble.

This discussion needs to be had, it's been ignored for decades, and it's now led to the situation you now find yourselves in. If you keep delaying, ignoring and brushing away the issues of race in your country you will reach crisis point - and I firmly believe you are weeks, if not days, away from that crisis.

One more video, one more shooting of an unarmed suspect, one more death in custody, and your entire country could go bat*hit crazy within hours. Thousands of people know this is likely. All it's going to take right now is one more arrogant, ignorant cop to do something stupid, and all hell will break loose.

Given that an arrogant, ignorant cop seems to do something stupid in America every damn day, you're sitting in an tinderbox.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve
It would be nonsense if their own policy didn't state otherwise. She may have been responsible for her behavior, they were responsible for her safety.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JRCrowley

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Now maybe people can focus on what maters, was it a lawful arrest.

Bingo. The police are releasing this video to obfuscate and buy time. The police lawyers are working overtime trying to do the math on how much they need to offer her family for dragging her into jail which ultimately led to her death - all for failing to signal a turn.

No matter how you slice this, the cops lose.

they're lying and your correct when you say their buying time, I found the Texas inmate handbook(in pdf) that states that plastic bags are not allowed in inmate jail cells,someone may have already found this information but to me this handbook proves they are lying about how she died and goes for Kindra Chapman too.
someone else showed a photo of a waste basket lined with a plastic bag in a cell, but even if by chance there was on those bags(very flimsy) in her cell they are not strong enough to strangle yourself with... in my opinion they would break before ever killing anyone.
I cannot imagine what this poor girl went through while in custody because I truly believe they are lying

SWEEPING/MOPPING/DUSTING:
You are responsible for sweeping, mopping and dusting your cell by 7:30 a.m. on weekdays and 9:00 a.m. on weekends and
federal holidays. Trash is to be removed daily and all personal property items are to be kept in the storage locker
provided in the cell. All cells must be neat and clean. Paper bags, plastic bags, and cardboard boxes are not allowed in the
cell
. Nothing may be placed under your mattress or blanket. Nothing may be placed on the window ledges or over the lights.
The window will be kept clean at all times.download pdf handbook

edit on 29-7-2015 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2015 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Most peoples' live are boring, so they make stuff up. It's why websites like ATS exist -- so bored people can gather and try to placate their ennui by making stuff up and entertaining each other.

People are kinda simple like that.

edit on 29-7-2015 by AlexJowls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
even if sandra bland had never died there would still be hell to pay that she spent 3 days in jail because she didn't use her turn signal and did not put her cigarette out and bow down and lick that cops boots!! rip sandra bland!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker

Nice vid, but I'll play the advocate and say that I really can't tell if it is her or not, no close ups. That could be anyone, not hard to find someone that would look almost the same as her. Just my thought though.

That's because someone recorded it as it played on another screen. The original has to be more clear.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
*****STAGED EVENT*****

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well, I'm going to throw my two cents in here and state that the video released IS doctored.

The person/judge giving the press conference states that all the videos are motion activated and if you don't see anything there was nothing going on/motion.

www.youtube.com...

If you go to 52:59 minutes you see a male eating at the desk. Yet at 53:00 - ONE SECOND LATER - all food is removed and and the officer is playing with paperwork.

......something has been removed.

This is a doctored video.
edit on 29-7-2015 by LeslieD because: punctuation and clarification

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

I wasn't going to respond anymore in this thread(why argue with people who are going to believe what they want to believe), but given your response(that is most appreciated) which in your situation obviously bears some significant emotional ties, I wanted to set something straight.

First of all, this thread was not meant to be a complete justification of what happened. I think what happened is terrible. We could spend thousands and thousands of hours writing thousands and thousands of pages discussing just a few of the sub topics being brought up here in regards to state custody, wrongful arrests, suicide attempts, drug abuse, cutting your wrists, etc...

This thread isn't about any of those things. I understand your position, and the frustration people feel here. This was purely a response to what I saw going on in real time via ATS/social media that was sparked by speculation over a post mortem mugshot which this video shows is false. THAT'S IT!

If you want to say the video is fake fine! You can say anything is fake really. Is Sandra Bland fake? Was her autopsy fake? Is this reality fake? Am I fake? Are you fake?

As a recovering addict who was introduced to drugs/alcohol by my sister when I was 12(first cigarette, first bowl of chronic, and first beer all in the same day), I can understand exactly where you are coming from with your personal experiences. However, I think its pertinent that we try to remove our emotions and personal experiences as much as we can in order to form the most logical and well reasoned theories possible.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Like another member said, I've been watching this story but haven't came to my own conclusions. But I like to look at both sides and then fit in my own conspiracy. From my own experiences, have had a " friend" who was accused of being someone else, that did some pretty bad stuff. Wasn't until they pulled out there ID card to prove they weren't who the accuser assumed them to be. Afterward the accuser swore up and down that the accused looked exactly the same as the culprit. I knew this was a large coincidence, mainly because I knew the accused is nowhere near that type of person and knew him most of my life. The point I'm making is that, although improbable its not impossible, that they found a "double". And no I have not seen the video, but another thing I thought about, is it wouldn't be that hard to force an inmate to dress up and reenact the current situation or even bargain a deal with one. But like I said, although improbable not impossible. I believe that the official story will not be taken seriously unless its what the majority wants to hear. I really don't care, mainly because all this police brutality stuff is in the news to incite some type of reaction from the public. A couple of years ago this stuff would of been brushed under the rug, and forgotten about in the media. I do highly disagree about marijuana contributing to her suicide though, I've been a medicinal cannabis patient for some time now and when I go 2 or 3 days without medicine, let alone a week I don't get suicidal, that's most definitely propaganda. That's just my 2 cents (maybe 5), though.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

alas, i misunderstood "where you wre coming from". sorry about that.

i think we were both trying to get to the truth, and i guess i mistook one calling out paranoia for a hit piece.

OF COURSE SHE WAS ALIVE IN THAT SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!

i guess i will have to give some creedence to the ats karma score from now on.....

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I have no reason to be ashamed of suspecting foul play. In case you have been living under a rock OP the police have been killing people like its going out of style. In 2014, at least 1,104 Americans were executed on site by law enforcement. No trial – just violent death. A quick scan of the headlines shows an inordinate amount of shooting deaths. So, the media reports on them, but without the outrage reserved for lone shooters who walk into public places spraying bullets at random people. Let us not forget items placed in the cell by the jailers such as trash bags ... does it not raise questions ?

At this point I really feel no remorse when the Police get smeared to be honest , when they are government sanctioned murderers as opposed to keeping the peace then any and all LE deserve it due to the thin blue line of silence / conspiracy. A good cop is still an accomplice. The jailers should be fired and shamed to say the least.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

“We are providing the video to show that Sandra Bland was alive and well in the Waller County Jail up to Monday morning,” Waller County Judge Trey Duhon told reporters at an afternoon news conference in Hempstead, Texas.

“Not only was she alive and well through the whole process, there's nothing on the videos that shows that she was mistreated at the jail in any way, shape or form,” he said.

Duhon said he was releasing the hours of video to rebut accusations, especially on social media, that Bland had been harmed while being held. Such suspicions have also led to death threats, he said.

“We have received death threats against Waller County officials. We have received threats to our facility,” Duhon said.

Receiving death threats, officials release new Sandra Bland jail video

Over the last week or so there have been hundreds of people on ATS alone saying that they were sure she had been killed, and coming up with crazy conspiracy theories. Now I love a good conspiracy theory as much as anybody else, but I was sickened to see so many ATS regulars who I respect jumping to these conclusions. What happened to waiting for the evidence? This video shows her taking the mugshot that the majority of you were so convinced was staged after she had died.

Now look at what happened as a result. Death threats, cyber attacks, and for what? Obviously you guys aren't personally responsible, but this ignorant herd behavior needs to stop.

I thought ATS was all about denying ignorance?

I won't name any names, but the people all over ATS and social media saying she was murdered and that they staged her suicide should be ashamed.

We have the right to make conclusions. ATS is like a common law court.

In the past few months there have been the mysterious deaths of 5 black women in jail.

The fact that the judge allegedly proved tgat Bland wss not mistreated is meaningless to me. They could have been falsely gaining her trust just before they hung her with a plaStic bag.

What about the police officer who obviously provoked the incident...PUT OUT THST CIGARETTE...IM GOING TO LIGJHT YOU UP...BASHING HER HEAD INTO THE GROUND OFF CAMERA...ETC.

BLAND WOULD NOT BE DEAD, SUIVIDE OR NOT, HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR A RACIST POLICE OFFICER. A PU@@Y POLICE OFFICER AS MS BLAND APPROPRIATELY CALLED HIM!!!

Danke, lose your better than thou, condecending attitude.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I never bought into the whole "she was killed" theory, the liberal lefts "war" on cops is apparent and the "they killed her" rhetoric was just part of that.

i decided to reserve my judgement, rather than jusmp on the cop hating bandwaggon and glad i did after seeing the video released by the cops, or id have felt like an idiot.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join