It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have to see this movie: "Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief"!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: Thetan

Washington post
New York Times
Vanity Fair

I can list hundreds (possibly more), but it would take too long.

You realize that the first one was just referencing Going Clear(which you'll failed to refute it's rebuttal,) the second one had nothing to do with "forced indoctrination" and was just claims not substantiated by any evidence and the third one had nothing to do with "forced indoctrination" either and had no evidence besides someone's words. But then again, I am talking to someone who has refused to give a rebuttal to the rebuttal of Going Clear. You ardently say it's true work no fact checking. Even when the facts are presented to you, you refuse to examine.
edit on 18-5-2016 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thetan

a reply to: Thetan

Washington post
New York Times
Vanity Fair

I can list hundreds (possibly more), but it would take too long.

You realize that the first one was just referencing Going Clear(which you'll failed to refute it's rebuttal,)
The first link is about a woman who escaped the cults sea org

the second one had nothing to do with "forced indoctrination" and was just claims not substantiated by any evidence
The second link is about ALL the abiluse in the cults sea org. The evidence is the people who left and told their story to expose the cult.

and the third one had nothing to do with "forced indoctrination" either and had no evidence besides someone's words.
The third one is about the cult of Scientology and the abuse that goes on.

But then again, I am talking to someone who has refused to give a rebuttal to the rebuttal of Going Clear.

But again, I'm talking to some who has refused to believe that Scientology is a money-grabbing, abusive cult who just want people to "donate".

If you "donate" enough you get to the next level. Sounds like a really bad computer game.

I still don't get why people pay $80,000 to get information you can get through Google. Sounds like a cult, scamming people to me.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79
There was nothing about forced indoctrination and there was no evidence of any abuse. Only unsubstantiated "he said, she said." I take it your considerations on the matter are set in stone since you refuse to objectively examine new and compelling evidence.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

There was nothing about forced indoctrination and there was no evidence of any abuse.
This link says otherwise.

Only unsubstantiated "he said, she said."
From people who escaped. Katie Holmes. Remember her? She also exposes the cult for what it is.

I take it your considerations on the matter are set in stone since you refuse to objectively examine new and compelling evidence.
What evidence? You mean from the cult itself? That's not evidence. That's self aggrandising propaganda to promote their own cult to get more "donations".

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
You say it's invalid just because Scientology said it? That is a logical fallacy, its called an ad hominem attack.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The link you provided is a different link than the previous ones. I was talking about the ones you provided previously. The funny thing is it means you didn't even read your own links. How do I know? Because I did and it said nothing about "forced indoctrination." If you had read them you would know that.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

You say it's invalid just because Scientology said it? That is a logical fallacy, its called an ad hominem attack.

It's not an ad hominem. Try looking up the term.

So, by your own "logic", if someone murders someone, goes in front of a judge, says it isn't true, they should just be let go? Some logic there dude!

All the evidence against the cult is from people who used to be in the cult.
The "evidence" against what they say is from the very cult they escaped from.

Eyewitnesses and ex cult members vs the self aggrandiose cult.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The link you provided is a different link than the previous ones. I was talking about the ones you provided previously. The funny thing is it means you didn't even read your own links. How do I know? Because I did and it said nothing about "forced indoctrination." If you had read them you would know that.

I read them.

They don't paint a very good picture of the cult, do they?

Maybe if the cult members "donate" more, they will have enough "donations" to be a business.

Oh, wait. They're already a business masquerading as a religion.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I read them.

Maybe if the cult members "donate" more, they will have enough "donations" to be a business.

You aren't even trying anymore and have wasted both our time.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

There was nothing about forced indoctrination and there was no evidence of any abuse. Only unsubstantiated "he said, she said." I take it your considerations on the matter are set in stone since you refuse to objectively examine new and compelling evidence.

My mother in law was a member of scientology. She left decades ago. They still call MY house looking for her, and they are belligerent. Calling here and harassing me even though this woman has never lived with us and never even lived in this state. My unofficially adopted parents were members as well, they left too. They saw which direction the wind was blowing and scuttled like any sensible person would. Maybe it was different in the beginning but now that "church" is crazy and it is a cult. They ruthlessly exploit people for money. I hope the whole thing falls apart. So he said she said that but, scientology is an evil, money grubbing, criminal organization. I hope the whole thing falls apart and Miscavige ends up in prison where he belongs.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I read them.

Why is our time being wasted?

I've enjoyed googling about the cult of Scientology. It's really opened my eyes to just how self serving they are. It's also shown me just how money hungry and abusive the cult is.

I can't wait to watch the movie. I bet there is even more information in it about how the cult abuses their members.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

My mother in law was a member of scientology. She left decades ago. They still call MY house looking for her, and they are belligerent. Calling here and harassing me even though this woman has never lived with us and never even lived in this state. My unofficially adopted parents were members as well, they left too. They saw which direction the wind was blowing and scuttled like any sensible person would. Maybe it was different in the beginning but now that "church" is crazy and it is a cult. They ruthlessly exploit people for money. I hope the whole thing falls apart. So he said she said that but, scientology is an evil, money grubbing, criminal organization. I hope the whole thing falls apart and Miscavige ends up in prison where he belongs.

I just want to say...

HERE HERE!

I'm surprised people don't see this cult for what it really is and are still intrigued by it.

(Thanks for sharing your first hand account)
edit on 1852016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I read them.

I've enjoyed googling about the cult of Scientology. It's really opened my eyes to just how self serving they are. It's also shown me just how money hungry and abusive the cult is.

I can't wait to watch the movie. I bet there is even more information in it about how the cult abuses their members.

Since you believe everything that you read(and sometimes don't read) that's anti scientology without getting the other side or fact checking at all, yes. The documentary will be very "eye opening" for you.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I read them.

Since you believe everything that you read(and sometimes don't read) that's anti scientology without getting the other side or fact checking at all, yes. The documentary will be very "eye opening" for you.

And you believe everything this cult tells you?

Have you given them enough money yet? You might not be high enough to be told all the cult secrets.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I just want to say...

HERE HERE!

I'm surprised people don't see this cult for what it really is and are still intrigued by it.

You're quite welcome. I admit that I took a bit of a chance on this. I can tell you that neither my mother in law or my adopted father want me to give them ANY information. They probably wouldn't put it this way, but they are scared of this cult. They are relentless and nasty, and at the very least my loved ones don't want to deal with the harassment, which I can tell you first hand scientologists are VERY good at. Hound you like a pack of dogs on a blood trail. I wouldn't be too surprised if I start getting phone calls again (It's been two years since I've heard from that "Church").

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
You've refused to examine compelling evidence that goes against your preconceived beliefs, applied an adhominene attack which is a logical fallacy, provided links that you didn't read, and believed virtually everything that you've read that fits with your preconceived notion without fact checking. You 've wasted your own time and mine.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I just want to say...

HERE HERE!

You're quite welcome. I admit that I took a bit of a chance on this. I can tell you that neither my mother in law or my adopted father want me to give them ANY information. They probably wouldn't put it this way, but they are scared of this cult. They are relentless and nasty, and at the very least my loved ones don't want to deal with the harassment, which I can tell you first hand scientologists are VERY good at. Hound you like a pack of dogs on a blood trail. I wouldn't be too surprised if I start getting phone calls again (It's been two years since I've heard from that "Church").

I'm sorry to hear about the harassment. Is there anyway to get an injunction out on the cult and the members?

I hope you or they don't get any more harassment from the abusive cult.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

You've refused to examine compelling evidence that goes against your preconceived beliefs,
Offered by the money grabbing, abusive cult themselves.

applied an adhominene attack which is a logical fallacy,
No. What I said is true. Even redhorse has given first hand evidence of the abusive cult.

provided links that you didn't read,
False.

and believed virtually everything that you've read that fits with your preconceived notion without fact checking.
I have chosen what to believe based on eyewitness testimonies. So I should believe an abusive cults propaganda? Sure. I'll just go believe hitler too while I'm at it.

You 've wasted your own time and mine.
No one said "Thetan. Come and defend a self serving, money grabbing, abusive cult" did they?

(post by JollyAll removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join