It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cincinnati preparing for riots after viewing bodycam footage of fatal UC traffic stop

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Pharyax

I would like to point out how little press any of the black on black murders in Cincinnati get. Do a Google search the numbers are startling. A few weeks back a 4 year old girl was caught in the cross fire between two criminals. A freaking 4 year old? Where's the outrage? Where's the public demanding answers? As long as its not a cop, then no one cares.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
However, they won't release the body cam footage.... yet our own city manager, and police chief have already spoken publicly on the video saying "It's not good" "Someone died who didn't necessarily need to die"

Whether the footage will show Officer Tensing as innocent/guilty...They basically condemned this officer to the public before his chance at a fair trial. So I wish they would just release the video at this point.

It's messed up man. Cops aren't just holy saint like robots. They are people.

I'm picking apart sentences at this point, but come on... did the city manager REALLY need to use the word "necessarily", as if anyone during a "routine" traffic stop needs to die..???

Tensing took a life... of an unarmed man! Let's not feel sorry for Tensing at this point. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say death should have never factored into the equation in this incident.

And no cops aren't just holy saint-like robots... I think you're the first person in the history of the digital age to use those words in a single sentence. They aren't holy saint-like, period. But you're right, they are people. People who should be brought to justice like the rest of society. Unfortunately there's a precedent with cops when it comes to skirting justice.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

You know its bad when the Cincinnati Sausage King begins criticizing the police.

in all seriousness, i agree with you. If "its not good" then it seems the officer has some culpability. Ill be interested to see the DA's statement when its issued.
edit on 7/28/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: intrptr
"Riots" aren't planned, riots are spontaneous, like after the Rodney King "verdict" and Ferguson "announcement".

What video?

You can bet they are being planned.
This stuff needs to play out in the courts, not the streets.
More innocent people will have their property looted and destroyed and countless people injured over a video that should not be released until it is used in court and verdicts rendered. At that point people can protest the court decisions if they don't like them and vote people out of office.

But no, people are taking the easier path that has been community organized for them for a feel good moment that gets nothing accomplished.

Except these things have not been handled by the court. How many videos have there been with the cop found innocent or more commonly wasn't even charged?

I think it's a money thing. If the state finds the cop guilty they have to pay the family millions and pay to replace the officer. If not the recieve fine money from the victim...

Even if a cop is found not guilty, civil suits have found them liable for the results, and compensation is awarded to the victim or surviving family. Many would be shocked at the millions cities and states have shelled out due to poor training, violent attitudes, and reactionary behavior by LE.

It's been coming to a head, and PDs around the country are realizing the need to weed out the bad apples in an effort to salvage community trust. It's just not happening fast enough or thorough enough for me.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Banquo

I would like to point out how little press any of the black on black murders in Cincinnati get. Do a Google search the numbers are startling. A few weeks back a 4 year old girl was caught in the cross fire between two criminals. A freaking 4 year old? Where's the outrage? Where's the public demanding answers? As long as its not a cop, then no one cares.

Honestly, why does it matter?

If the press were to report on "black on black" crime, then we would just accuse them of race baiting. Catch 22 situation, and if im being honest...it is wholly irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Don't worry. A cop was recently filmed (by his partner) aiding a mentally ill woman cross the street.

So ALL IS GOOD.

edit on 28-7-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Have they taken steps to take the campus cop into custody if it's not good?

If they are treating this the right way, if there a need for everyone to see the video? Will it make the public mood dangerous even though things are being done the way they should be?

And I'm just assuming things are going the way they should as it's been acknowledged this incident looks bad.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Assuming this happened inside the campus ,
there will be a lot of witnessess .
Remember the internet works quicker than the
grape vine , so this has instantly gone global.
Damage done.
Just waiting for a bystander to post pictures ..

BEAN BAG GUNS ONLY

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Those videos are meant to be seen by the public, the case won't be tainted by letting the public see the video.

And where do they get their jurors from.....oh that's right....the public.

They are meant to be seen after they are part of the public record admitted as evidence in court.

But this wasn't even an officer of the law, just a rent a cop security guard on campus.

Yea no both states I've worked in had fully sworn campus police on the bigger college and university areas. Rent a cops walk around and check the doors overnight. Campus police do actual law enforcement so the county or city guys don't spend their entire Saturday night breaking up fights and parties on campus.
edit on 28-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Sounds like this ones going to pretty much be a murder, what is the status of the killer?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo

Even if a cop is found not guilty, civil suits have found them liable for the results, and compensation is awarded to the victim or surviving family. Many would be shocked at the millions cities and states have shelled out due to poor training, violent attitudes, and reactionary behavior by LE.

It's been coming to a head, and PDs around the country are realizing the need to weed out the bad apples in an effort to salvage community trust. It's just not happening fast enough or thorough enough for me.

I can see that that easily. Amazingly, even where there is violence in something like a simple traffic stop, you find deference shown..if you are a policeman. Note, no batons, kicks in the head etc. No gang beating. It is also clear the fight is instigated by the patrolman, the car door plays no part, just the door stopping on the door detent. It makes you wonder though how a simple traffic stop, the subject of this thread lead to a violent death.
Something seriously wrong with the policing LCD. For this thread, it looks a lot like Tensing will have charges.

edit on 28-7-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I cannot believe the police chief and city manager would say something like that publicly without releasing the video.

That is a surefire way to "stir the pot."

I wonder if this is the city manager and police chief covering their behinds and throwing this officer under the bus to appease the masses.

On the other hand, it could be murder.

At this point, I think the video needs to be released.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

well, its guaranteed that imaginations will create worse scenarios than what really happened, after that kind of acclaim.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Hush hush its just another murder, its just this time there is video evidence of it. Now cops wont even come clean how are they able to perform thier duty if they refuse to be transparent? Easy they arent performing thier duty they are nothing more than a gang of thugs in some cases bending the law to suit thier own needs whatever they may be.
edit on 28-7-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
killedbypolice.net...
the list just for July is crazy long.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Banquo

That has nothing to do with this so why mention it? I CARE when cops do # like this because MY TAX dollars pay their salary. I couldn't care any less about the dudes in the blue killing the dudes in the red.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: concerned190
killedbypolice.net...
the list just for July is crazy long.

Thx for that link.
I just took a look into that list and found that Police killings doubled since 2013.
I would like to have some more numbers (sadly) ,lets say also from 2012-2011-2010 and beyond to make a better comparison
Take a look for yourself,.
July 28.2013 : 320 Persons killed
July.28.2014 : 627 Persons killed
July 28.2015 : 668 Persons killed

I took the 28 of July, because it was the last entry from 2015 so i compared them with the numbers from the years before

Alarming development IMHO in the US.
edit on 28/7/15 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/7/15 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Exactly. If it's bad, the best thing is to get in front of it.

Come out strongly condemning the video.

Play the video.

Play more video directly after the bad video showing that the bad cop is being arrested. Continue.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

Did you investigate all of the officer involved killings in those cases?

If you did, you would find a majority of the people were killed when they shot at the cop, pointed a gun at the cop, tried to stab the cop, etc.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I'm not familiar with Ohio's Open Records laws but in our state (KY) public records cannot be released to the public whilst they are part of an official investigation. I think this guy probably knows the Ohio law and is being truthful.
I realize that people want to see what happened but there are reasons for the laws as written. Everyone is entitled to a fair trial and releasing this video before a grand jury is convened would give the cop's defense attorney great ammunition for getting it thrown out as evidence.
Just as police shouldn't be allowed to break the law by shooting people for no reason, they also shouldn't break the laws about releasing evidence of possible criminal activity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join