It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cincinnati preparing for riots after viewing bodycam footage of fatal UC traffic stop

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: clearmind

Arrest the cop(s), acknowledge that it's unacceptable, that policy will change...that's how you diffuse the situation.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Another thing that bears repeating is that this was a college police officer, not a city officer who was implicated in the shooting. I was unaware that college police had any authority outside of the college campus.

Senseless no matter what.

a reply to: CheckPointCharlie

Ah, thank you for the correction.

Actually all college police officers are certified through their respective state and have full arrest powers like any other certified officer. In most cases College police officers are recognized as state law enforcement officers and therefore usually have broader jurisdiction then say local or county police....

Terrible situation to say the least however the officer isn't less or more trained then a regular police officer.
edit on 28-7-2015 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

It's not the town, city, state trying to save money... those cops may get away with their criminal behavior, they almost always lose the civil lawsuits for millions at a go. Taxpayers are on the hook for that.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Cincy has a history of race riots, the last bad one being in 2000 or 2001.
Lots of problems there over the last year so yeah, it's primed and ready to blow.
It does not make sense to hold an entire city hostage over the wrong acts of one campus cop.
Unless riots is actually what they want?
There's a scary thought for you.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: clearmind

Arrest the cop(s), acknowledge that it's unacceptable, that policy will change...that's how you diffuse the situation.

Too simple, too rational.
No government would ever go for that.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Those videos are meant to be seen by the public, the case won't be tainted by letting the public see the video.

And where do they get their jurors from.....oh that's right....the public.

They are meant to be seen after they are part of the public record admitted as evidence in court.

But this wasn't even an officer of the law, just a rent a cop security guard on campus.
edit on 28-7-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Well then things are going to keep escalating. Honestly, what would you do? How many unarmed black people have to die before the Police State says okay, we gotta fix something? I wonder how it feels to feel like your life is in danger every time a cop stops you for driving, walking, biking, shopping etc...

History attributes Dr. King with calming people down, getting them to take a peaceful approach to fighting for their rights, and he did amazing things, so much progress belongs solely to him and his message of love.

But it wasn't just him. It was the rioting too, the news day after day was filled with literally burning images, stores, cars, homes, crosses. There was fire everywhere... all over the South.

Dr. King made progress with white people, what average every day person could help themselves from loving him? But the rioters forced progress with politicians.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Cincinnati is another prime example of a failed big government system.

All the increased "problem solving" will not make successes out of them.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Whats the point of cops wearing video recording equipment and have dashcam footage if it isn't to have evidence on BOTH the LEO and citizen??? And don't give me that line about "training purposes"... that sh!t is secondary!!

This is about power. The citizen knows he/she has power; the cop does everything possible to gain the power from the citizen.

This is what happens when departments hire people with below-average IQs. How else do you explain this and the countless other abuse of "power" incidents by LEOs?!
edit on 2026x6720America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

You can blame the prosecutor for all this crap. A while ago he defied people who were saying this is video that is a public record, with the notion that body cameras are not covered. I think that's what has got peoples dander up.

This is from Fox 19, I don't see it yet on their youtube channel,

www.fox19.com...
edit on 28-7-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I agree with everything you said save one: There was plenty of rioting going besides the South; Detroit, Watts, Newark and even my old hometown of Rochester NY. I saw the riots on tv and worried about my dad because he had to work in the city.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

True but the South was like a post apocalyptic nightmare.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Do you actually believe the stuff you post? Because it's outrageously delusional.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

They are preparing for a riot because they've witnessed the backlash before. It's not that hard to understand why they are starting preparations for when the video is released.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienmma
a reply to: xuenchen

Do you actually believe the stuff you post? Because it's outrageously delusional.

usually, yes.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Good lord, scary to think about just how horrific an act the video must show if the police higher ups are that afraid to show it.

Worse than some of the other videos that have been released? There have been plenty of those showing some disturbing actions by police.

People have been calling for mandatory body cameras for police to curb this type of thing, but what's the damn point if they can just suppress the evidence?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
As some of you can see, I live in Cincinnati. Obviously I am not hoping to see riots, as I work downtown and this would be both a danger and an inconvenience to me and many others in the town. Possible financial loss to establishments because there is always looting with these riots. Also I am generally supportive of police.

However, they won't release the body cam footage.... yet our own city manager, and police chief have already spoken publicly on the video saying "It's not good" "Someone died who didn't necessarily need to die"

Whether the footage will show Officer Tensing as innocent/guilty...They basically condemned this officer to the public before his chance at a fair trial. So I wish they would just release the video at this point.

It's messed up man. Cops aren't just holy saint like robots. They are people. Some people do right, some people make mistakes, and some people are just evil and crazy. All of those people end up in Police uniforms. Every kind. What we need is to seek the truth in not only this matter, but every case of police violence. Sometimes the officers will be in the right, and sometimes they will be in the wrong, and should be dealt with accordingly.

I'm tired of seeing the self hate, the hate of others, and the hate of police in my city.

-End Rant-

-Alee

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well, all the Pharmacies better move all the opiate meds out of the area.. (and anything else that cost a lot)... ALL the drugstores that were burned down, were looted of the drugs first..

better get it out now!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Another thing that bears repeating is that this was a college police officer, not a city officer who was implicated in the shooting. I was unaware that college police had any authority outside of the college campus.

Senseless no matter what.

a reply to: CheckPointCharlie

Ah, thank you for the correction.

I read an article that said they have suspended off campus patrols by UC Police since this incident occurred.
One good move, anyway.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I feel for you.
I hope your world is not turned upside down because of this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join