It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cincinnati preparing for riots after viewing bodycam footage of fatal UC traffic stop

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Back in 2001 after the Timothy Thomas riots, "community leaders" in Cincinnati asked The Baptist Ministers Convention to boycott the city and meet somewhere else, but welcomed O.J. Simpson with open arms on his nightclub tour.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman
Then I can only hope and pray that they learned some hard lessons from that experience. I hope the community has by now chosen some new leadership.
Are there riots happening now? I've not been keeping up on news today but my impression was that things were calm. Am I mistaken?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I have just seen a TV report that in a suburb near Cleveland a "black lives matters" group held a strategy meeting where a white reporter was threatened and intimidated earlier this week. This was from the O'Reilly Factor on Fox News taped last night. The reporter indicated that it was the group's intention to disrupt the RNC Convention in Cleveland later this year. I hope and pray this is not true!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I don't think that any lessons have been learned here. The election official who was convicted of voter fraud during the last election, who serving only 5 months of a 5 year sentence, was greeted by none other than Al Sharpton upon her release.

It seem as if something is amiss here and just waiting for a trigger point as in the DuBose shooting. The Sonny Kim murder was a false start for the "black lives Matters" crowd. I feel with my heart and soul that people like "Bishop Bobby Hilton" and Baltimore's "Reverend Westley West" here in Cincinnati want to create another Ferguson or Baltimore here. Call it a gut feeling.
edit on 31-7-2015 by buddah6 because: lobotomized through superior pain meds.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

You're a badge bunny.

On topic last I heard nothing happened.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

I'm an equal justice bunny.

When I think the cops are right I say it.

When I think the cops are wrong I say it.

Ray Tensing WILL stand trial for murder. That's a huge step in the right direction I'd say.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: real_one

I'm an equal justice bunny.

When I think the cops are right I say it.

When I think the cops are wrong I say it.

Ray Tensing WILL stand trial for murder. That's a huge step in the right direction I'd say.

Tensing will stand trial but why was there a "black lives matters" crowd at the courthouse calling for justice. What is being indicted for murder called? Isn't this justice. Do they want an immediate lynching? The six cops were indicted in Baltimore and again "blm" was on the courthouse steps. It would appear that more is at play than justice.

If my gut feeling holds true, there is going to be an very active election season. If "blm" movement has to bring help from Baltimore to Cincinnati they are planning for something ugly.

If Tenzing is convicted of anything less than murder my beautiful Cincinnati will be another Baltimore or Ferguson. It's like justice held captive by "blm".

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

Your city, despite how cultured and beautiful it is (been there many times - Know some folks in the Chamber - I can draw you a map of how to get around using shortcuts,) has ALWAYS been like Baltimore or Ferguson and other places. In fact, I see it as on par, or worse, when it comes to the history of race relations and riots of the past. Cincy has been on the map quite a few times when it comes to matters such as these, as history (and a quick google search) will clearly show.

Basically this statement:

If Tenzing is convicted of anything less than murder my beautiful Cincinnati will be another Baltimore or Ferguson. It's like justice held captive by "blm".

If Tensing is indeed convicted of anything less, it will demonstrate once again how defunct of a nation the U.S is as a whole...

To entertain this thought:

Cincinnati will be another Baltimore or Ferguson. It's like justice held captive by "blm".

...clearly shows that you are still not comprehending the situation with clarity.

"Will be...?"

Man, all of America already IS like that when one weighs the cultural mindset as a whole. Wake up, my friend, and leave your biases at home....some agendas driving by such bias appear clear as day to others.

LOL, what are your thoughts on the gentrification taking place in Cincy...?

edit on 2-8-2015 by Involutionist because: grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

Your city, despite how cultured and beautiful it is (been there many times - Know some folks in the Chamber - I can draw you a map of how to get around using shortcuts,) has ALWAYS been like Baltimore or Ferguson and other places. In fact, I see it as on par, or worse, when it comes to the history of race relations and riots of the past. Cincy has been on the map quite a few times when it comes to matters such as these, as history (and a quick google search) will clearly show.

Basically this statement:

If Tensing is indeed convicted of anything less, it will demonstrate once again how defunct of a nation the U.S is as a whole...

To entertain this thought:

Cincinnati will be another Baltimore or Ferguson. It's like justice held captive by "blm".

...clearly shows that you are still not comprehending the situation with clarity.

"Will be...?"

Man, all of America already IS like that when one weighs the cultural mindset as a whole. Wake up, my friend, and leave your biases at home....some agendas driving by such bias appear clear as day to others.

LOL, what are your thoughts on the gentrification taking place in Cincy...?
I have seen how gentrification started here in Cincy. It was on the efforts of three people on city council but mainly one "charterite" whose husband is in real estate. These politicians mostly reside in the northern and eastern suburb. When "urban renewal" started the intercity residence were channeled to the western burbs by the use of section 8 housing. There are two members of city council that has become very wealthy through gentrification of "downtown".

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I can agree and disagree with you as well. I think that the bottom line is that Dubose did not need to be shot--I think everyone can agree on that. I'd go a step farther and say that Tensing didn't even need to draw his weapon.

That said, here's how I think it went down:

Dubose was, from the start, acting slightly suspicious, as if he had been drinking or were on something--I equate the way that we was acting to the same way I acted when I got pulled over after smoking weed or having had a beer while underage. He seemed unnecessarily nervous (and I don't buy the argument that it was because he was a black man and it was a white cop--that doesn't cause tension in Cincinnati these days), and the way he was patting at his pockets and searching and reaching for compartments in the vehicle, I think that put the officer on edge to where he had his hand resting near or on the handle of his pistol toward the end (and that point becomes important in a second).

I give Dubose credit in that he appeared to become a bit more coherent and assertive about halfway through the stop, but I think the main problem is that, at the point that Tensing apparently wanted to either detain or administer a Field Sobriety Test to Dubose, his communication skills were severely lacking. I don't know how I would have reacted if an LEO's only command was to unbuckle my seatbelt as he tried to open my door without giving me a reason to do so--I don't think that it's beyond the realm of possibilities that I wouldn't have shut the door, too. But what I wouldn't do is start the car and attempt to flee the scene at that point, which is exactly what Dubose did.

I've watched the video countless times, and while I seem to have a different definition of "dragged" than Tensing does, his bodycam video does show that he was moving with the vehicle as it started to pull away, with his back facing the direction in which the vehicle was moving. I think that, because of a muscle-memory type of reaction, Tensing drew his weapon because his hand was already near/on it (but I can't prove that point), pointed it into the car and fired a shot haphazardly. Unfortunately, that round struck Dubose in the head, killing him. It is obvious that he was either thrown or fell to the ground because of the movement of the vehicle.

I'm glad we can agree that there was no malice in the heart of Tensing during that traffic stop--at least not any that leads to purposeful murder--and we do agree that Tensing was the major cause of the situation deteriorating into the death of someone, but we just disagree on a few of the details, like Tensing didn't need to run his name to check for a license, because what if he gave him a false name (he had no ID to prove who he was, and he was in a vehicle registered to a woman) and driving without a license is already a crime. An LEO can't just take the word from someone that they are who they say that they are and just be content with that--Tensing was doing his due diligence to ensure that Dubose did not have a license on him before, I assume, detaining him until they could figure everything out. There was no obligation on Tensing's behalf to just take Dubose's words at face value, especially when he appeared, imo, to be under the influence or just acting very oddly from the start.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Just got an alert that the corner's office found the gin bottle to contain air freshener. Trying to source it but the link in the alert is broken. Will update if and when I can find it. All I've got right now is the local media tweet

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Just got an alert that the corner's office found the gin bottle to contain air freshener. Trying to source it but the link in the alert is broken. Will update if and when I can find it. All I've got right now is the local media tweet

mobile.twitter.com...

I had wondered about that bottle. The liquid in it wasn't clear, IIRC.
I have never seen gin in any color but red, in the case of sloe gin. The rest of them have always been clear.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Oops, no riot. There's a murder change, though. That about wraps this one up.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The news just reported that $2600 and 2 pounds of marijuana were found in the DuBose car. If Tenzing had found the DuBose stash there would have been a long term in the slammer. Would this be the reason DuBose tried to flee the scene?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
The news just reported that $2600 and 2 pounds of marijuana were found in the DuBose car. If Tenzing had found the DuBose stash there would have been a long term in the slammer. Would this be the reason DuBose tried to flee the scene?

I would provide a reason for multiple bottles of air freshener, and the reason that Dubose invited the officer to smell it. If he had smelled it, the air freshener would have affected his ability to smell weed odor.

But....
Hauling weed does not give cops the right to shoot you.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You are 100% correct about the shooting! My statement was just reporting what the news is reporting. If there was a reason for the DuBose behavior it would be $2600 and two pounds of weed under the seat. This whole issue is brought about by bad behavior by both Tenzing and DuBose.

All of the incidences where people died by cops can be attributed to bad behavior by certain people and the anticipation of bad behavior by the arresting cops. If a cop gets grief by the majority of certain groups that he comes in contact with he then anticipates a certain behavior every time. This is just a normal human behavior.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

One could think it's likely..the war on drugs needs to end..MJ for sure, particularly since it's become legal or decriminalized in many states. The time and effort could be far better spent and lives not needlessly lost. Like the sting operation that killed a 19 yr old for a little bag..what a waste of resources.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
a reply to: butcherguy

You are 100% correct about the shooting! My statement was just reporting what the news is reporting. If there was a reason for the DuBose behavior it would be $2600 and two pounds of weed under the seat. This whole issue is brought about by bad behavior by both Tenzing and DuBose.

All of the incidences where people died by cops can be attributed to bad behavior by certain people and the anticipation of bad behavior by the arresting cops. If a cop gets grief by the majority of certain groups that he comes in contact with he then anticipates a certain behavior every time. This is just a normal human behavior.

Yes, I am glad that you posted the news, and I starred your post.
I just wanted people to know that I was not trying to give the cop an 'out' for shooting Dubose.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

One could think it's likely..the war on drugs needs to end..MJ for sure, particularly since it's become legal or decriminalized in many states. The time and effort could be far better spent and lives not needlessly lost. Like the sting operation that killed a 19 yr old for a little bag..what a waste of resources.

Legalization will remove a source of income for some politicians in very high places. The easiest way to win the war on drugs is to legalize all drugs. Then have the government sell drugs for very very low prices until it becomes unprofitable for the drug cartels to transport and sell here. Limit the places where a person can do drugs so the government could distribute clean needles and narcan to the ones who need it.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

NVM found it.
edit on 8/7/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join