It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Used Instant Messaging System to Hide Internal Communications

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Yes. I know several people that work at various DMV's personally.

You would not believe the crap they have to put up with from the public. People do not like being told no.

Here's a life tip. Go on your DMV's website and make sure you bring all the required stuff you need, and have it filled out properly before you go.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Yes. I know several people that work at various DMV's personally.

You would not believe the crap they have to put up with from the public. People do not like being told no.

Here's a life tip. Go on your DMV's website and make sure you bring all the required stuff you need, and have it filled out properly before you go.

That's exactly it in my opinion.

People don't like being told no.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

And you'd be surprised how people think if they scream and yell they can get the average DMV employee to conduct an illegal transaction and give them an illegal title or ID card.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Anyone ever heard of Microsoft Lync?

It's probably something like that, with the option to NOT save the conversation.

That's exactly the point, isn't it?

I use Lync every single day and the very fact that I use it instead of email for CERTAIN conversations is exactly why this should be an issue. Just because it's IMing, doesn't mean very important decisions aren't made during an IM discussion. And it can definitely be used as a work-around to email. I know Lync and other products are used in everyday business, but when it comes to sensitive and possibly illegal actions, you damn right this practice by the IRS should be questioned!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

it can definitely be used as a work-around to email.

You know what else is a work around to email? Face to face conversations. How do we address the ever-increasing concern over such matters?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

it can definitely be used as a work-around to email.

You know what else is a work around to email? Face to face conversations. How do we address the ever-increasing concern over such matters?

It's not an "ever-increasing concern"

People nowadays work from home offices, communicate electronically and have webinars, webex and virtual meetings. That's where companies have the option of RECORDING the meeting and I'll tell you what. Most sponsors/clients I work with request that meetings ARE NOT RECORDED, because they don't want to be held responsible for what an employee might say. I'm not saying EVERYTHING needs to be recorded, but when it comes to what the GOVERNMENT is doing... I'd say it should be recorded because there's a high likelihood that it could affect THE PEOPLE. The gov should be scared of us, not the other way around.
edit on 2538x6725America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
a reply to: xuenchen

It's a shame the NSA doesn't have copies of all of those communications.

You are absolutely sure that they don't?
Why would you believe that?
That's like say "cookies" in your computer are harmless. (Then told us so.)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

a reply to: LeatherNLace

Exactly. I seriously doubt your rank-and-file IRS employee has an evil mastermind chair (the high backed one that swivels) and laughs maniacally as they plot to screw over Americans, relishing how EVIL they are.

They're just people working a job to feed themselves and their family. They do what they're told and don't always see the bigger picture or understand why they are doing what they are doing.

Your last two sentences sends a chill up my spine. "They do what they're told. I heard that line at the Nuremberg trials.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Wait a minute...the IRS is in violation of Sarbanes-Oxley???

Talk about a bunch of BS. How many millions of dollars did private companies have to spend to becoe SOX compliant...but the IRS just said "screw it"???

I really don't know what to say about this. But the agency has violated federal law, and it is provable
edit on 7/28/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So according to the Tom Brady "verdict", the IRS is GUILTY. Taxes suspended 4 months!!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: greencmp

It's a shame the NSA doesn't have copies of all of those communications.

You are absolutely sure that they don't?
Why would you believe that?
That's like say "cookies" in your computer are harmless. (Then told us so.)

Just being sarcastic and also pointing out that we can be absolutely certain that copies of those communications must exist.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Yeah, I use Lync every day at work and it automatically creates an archived record of the chat, which gets stored in Outlook with my "official" work emails. So I can't think of a legit reason why the IRS wouldn't have been doing that all along.

Just want to add... the auto-archive function is NOT a setting that we, the employees, have any control over. It was put there by management, in case of a CYA situation.

edit on pmTuesdayp09pmAmerica/Chicago3109America/ChicagoTue, 28 Jul 2015 21:39:52 -0500 by alphaether because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Yeah, but the IRS don't have machine guns and tanks...

*eye roll*

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thank you for the info.

I guess they have a permanent "hell frozen over" lake down under.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Aliensun

Yeah, but the IRS don't have machine guns and tanks...

*eye roll*

IRS Needs AR-15’s For “Standoff Capabilities”?

The IRS, which primarily acts as an audit agency, refuses to answer why its agents need AR-15s for “standoff capability.”

In May, U.S. Congressman Jeff Duncan (R-SC) was getting a lot of questions about ammo shortages and government agencies stockpiling guns and ammo. He wanted to know why IRS agents were buying ammo in large quantities and wanted to see the ammo supply himself. He went to the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Maryland where he witnessed 8 or 9 IRS agents using AR-15s at an indoor 100 yard firing range.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

That must have been the IRS response to Lois Lerner pleading the 5th.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Anyone ever heard of Microsoft Lync?

It's probably something like that, with the option to NOT save the conversation.

I've heard of it, but back when it was first coming out I was simply using an IRC server that didn't have server side logs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join