It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koch brothers summon Bush, Cruz, Walker, Rubio to SoCal confab

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Even if there was encrypted or hashed data for a person's vote online, it still doesn't prove it was applied to the correct total. Short of everyone truthfully tallying their votes together, how would we know if it is correct.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

If open source software is used for counting, anyone that knows code would be able to see if the votes from the blockchain are being tallied correctly.

We're not using open source now, which is part of our current troubles.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
a reply to: roadgravel

If open source software is used for counting, anyone that knows code would be able to see if the votes from the blockchain are being tallied correctly.

We're not using open source now, which is part of our current troubles.

Which relies on very good auditing, by trustworthy people, every copy in every machine. Knowing the chain hasn't been tampered with in a way that still appears correct.

But I will agree that non open source on the current machines is bad and down right frightening. Especially if kin/friends of politicians own the companies.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad
No Christie? Oh that's right, he kisses Sheldon Adelson's feet.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
More light on who the elites want to play with on that side anyway. Not that it wasn't unsuspected.

Of course, Rand and Trump aren't included.

Trump has enough money to support himself without any funding donations that other candidates rely on. They know it that and it scares them. Plus they probably know about his past Democrat relations.

Other side of the same coin: Clinton's Soros donations. I don't believe that Bernie is being supported by Soros.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Confirming your point about Soros and Hilary:

Soros Helps Raise Nearly $25 Million For Clinton

According to officials from independent groups supporting Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, the super PACs raised more than $24 million in the second quarter of this year, with help from large donations by billionaire businessman George Soros, Hollywood mogul Jeffrey Katzenberg, and major Democratic donor Haim Saban.

source

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
a reply to: FyreByrd

It is hard to have a secret ballot and not have a system open for corruption.

I feel the Blockchain with a printed ballot might be a good possibility. It would be nice to know your vote was counted and it actually counted towards the candidate of your choice.

Anon was rumoured to have saved the last election by installing a firewall blocking access from Carl Rove to the voting machines. I always wondered if this was true, did these talented individuals intercept Rove's login and password and tweak the vote?

Either way it made me feel that our system needs reform.

I've detailed how to create such a system here before. I might actually build it over this coming winter break if I have nothing else to do.

Basically, in order to have an anonymous vote while still having individual accountability you need to assign a unique key to each person, and have a public record of all votes. That way people can match their random key to their public vote and the votes themselves can be queried to ensure reported totals are what election officials are going with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join