It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says 'I Could Win' 3rd Term as President

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I could see him winning another term pretty easily. The GOP Is a complete and total disaster at the moment. Not only is it out of touch with the general public but, it is losing support among its own members and thing like this Trump fiasco only make it worse. The second part of the problem would be what do attack Obama for? Now that Obamacare is out and the not a job killer or putting old people in camps most people are satisfied with it and that was the GOP big attack weapon before. The DNC could run just about anybody and pull off a win.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: uncommitted

Executive actions are hard to over ride by Congress.

The ones that over step are usually beaten down in court.

You know fully well what I mean, don't deflect in your long standing anti-Obama fixation. Congress has pushed back as hard as it can for any Democrat change to move forward - if you don't agree then I can't help you with denial.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Haters hate.

I dislike Obama.

I impeached him long ago.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

President Obama asserted on Tuesday that he could win a third term if allowed by the Constitution...

He's probably right. Devil you know. The obvious options are Clinton and Bush(realistically). I think they would prefer Barak again over that.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Haters hate.

I dislike Obama.

I take that it wasn't because he did away with OBL then, OBL being the biggest threat to the country right?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Suddenly someone will jump in with some "It's Obama's fault, worst prez in history, yo!"

Like, really? What? What does the President have to do with a local city's policy on street vendors? I never saw ANY of that when Bush was POTUS.

Obama Derangement Syndrome!

[T]he acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal people in reaction to the policies, the presidency — nay — the very existence of Obama

Some people here have a severe case of it.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Haters hate.

I dislike Obama.

I take that it wasn't because he did away with OBL then, OBL being the biggest threat to the country right?

Nope but you're probably too young to remember Ike's presidential farewell speech.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Sometimes I get the feeling the GOP/Republican party is having an identity crisis.

They know what they don't like, but they don't know who they are.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

He also said he couldn't pass amnesty on his own because he wasn't a dictator .... wait....

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: smurfy

Haters hate.

I dislike Obama.

Nope but you're probably too young to remember Ike's presidential farewell speech.

Haven't a clue what you are on about, I was talking to Ultralight, however I do remember Ike's speech, although very young at the time, I hadn't a clue about that either. However I did do the searches available at the time, and came up with a couple of words that came together to make sense, Monopoly and Greed...after I looked up to see what monopoly meant.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If this clown is allowed another term...I'll head south...Rio de la Plata south.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Here is something that Obama said yesterday:
“In 18 months, I’m turning over the keys,” Obama said. “I want to make sure I’m turning over the keys to somebody who is serious about the serious problems that the country faces and the world faces.”
Seattle Times
I wonder what steps he will take to 'make sure'?
I'm sure he understands that it isn't up to him alone who is elected to replace him.

It may not be up to him, but as president he has a lot of power to frame the debate, and let candidates sink or swim based on how they perform.

That said, I think he could win a 3rd election right now. I don't think that is true of all elections but the candidates are weak this time while Obama has money, experience, and is entrenched. He also just got several major successes with SC rulings and the Iran deal.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
There is no reason we'd suspend elections in this country. The President doesn't have the authority to do that, even in times of great war.

Actually, thanks to W the president does have those powers. Obama won't use them though.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Thank God for term limits, says I. ...and a lot of other folks.

The truly scary thing is, he's probably right. Which is a truly terrifying thought...that Americans are so apathetic, and the choices are so weak that this clown would actually probably win a third term.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

His popularity would end when he cant afford to give things away for "free" anymore. Or people who pay taxes get tired of funding some programs.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Well, you gotta acknowledge that he was paraded as a Messiah in 2008, so the opposite reaction will be just as overblown.

I never did like him, but that was because I knew the office was bought and paid for.. I'm kind of surprised they haven't chosen Arnold yet.. I mean, it almost looked like he was their chosen one.

Never heard of this third term thing before, is this not breaking the rules?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
Never heard of this third term thing before, is this not breaking the rules?

He's speaking hypothetically. He's not running.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
December 26, 2016

President Obama is still saying (wishing) he could have won a third term, because Hillary didn't "connect" with voters.

Story: www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Jan 20th can't get here fast enough!!!! I'm so sick of this man singing his own praises.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: carewemust
Jan 20th can't get here fast enough!!!! I'm so sick of this man singing his own praises.

As you might suspect, President-elect TRUMP had a response to Obama today...

""President Obama said that he thinks he would have won against me. He should say that, but I say NO WAY!" Trump wrote.
He suggested Obama's record would have prevented him from securing a victory, citing jobs that have left the U.S., troubles with Obama's Affordable Care Act and the ongoing threat posed by the Islamic State group as examples.""

Source Article: www.msn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join