It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stopped by a cop? Act like an ass. After all, it's your "right".

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:
(post by mymojo removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: network dude

You act as if police are on a peer level with citizens. They clearly are not.

Neither police nor citizens are required to be nice. Only citizens are required to abide by this countries arcane and stiffing laws.

Authoritarians are a cancer on a free society. Mercenaries are herpes.

Rants like the ops always remind me of the chicken #er episode of South Park.

"respect my authoritie!!!" as they club you without mercy.

Great insight John!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik

The disconnect is when youve been stopped over and over . Ive been stopped in my lifetime maybe 50 times. Out of that I received 2 speeding tickets and went to jail for suspended license. So what about all those other times. Last time I was pulled over guns were drawn and I had my 5 year old daughter in the car. Of course the same old story , I looked like the suspects. People are fed up and all these folks that dont understand or get it are nowhere to be found so why have an opinion now

--------------------

MOJO RESPONSE TO KNOW IT ALL NETWORK DUDE

Network dude has bern WILLIE LYNCHED

Again, you have a very nartow view. Profiling is real. Its real thst you arr disresprctful as you called me an ifiot. Only insecure people and EGOTIST use such terms.

Our police should recieve SENSITIVITY TRAINING every year.

If You arr a blaCk man network dude, you have turned on your own.

YOU HAVE BEEN VERY EFFECTIVELY EILLIE LYNCHED

Race riots will not break out, as Obama wants, if we act per WWJD?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I want to address the rest of your OP.

Now, Imagine again that you are that cop, but this time, the guy you stopped has a major attitude, and tries to tell you all about how he pays your salary and has the right not to answer your questions. Would you be nice to this guy? Give him a break? Enjoy his company? Not feel threatened?

@Would you be nice to this guy?

Yes. Actually, to be more honest; I would remain neutral (stone faced) as they acted out while I performed my duties as an officer. You see, being the officer, I would KNOW I'm controlling and dictating the situation, not them, and therefore hold my ground without saying a word; after all, it's just words and I, being the officer am the letter of the law. To react would give away my power to them and play into childish ego nonsense. Every adult (especially a police officer) should possess a high emotional I.Q. In fact, most police officers where I'm from do and therefore don't allow others to manipulate their emotions. Only a person with a weak childish mindset will allow someone else to dictate their emotions to the point of barking; "I will light you up" over not outing a cigarette. Btw, I find that very poetic; threatening to light someone up for not outing their cigg.

@ Give him a break?

Nah, I would not give them break due to the fact they are in the wrong (you see, if I were a police officer, all my stops would be legit) and therefore, if my intent was to let them off with a warning, they blew it with their attitude.

@Enjoy his company?

My job as a police officer + commonsense would allow me the realization that no one will enjoy my company upon being stopped. Does one enjoy the company of an officer who just pulled you over for speeding? An intelligent officer would understand the psychology playing out....always.

@Not feel threatened?

I might feel threatened, yes. But as a trained professional I would have the awareness of mind, concept of security, and confidence to gauge the situation accordingly. I'm sure that is part of the training in recruitment in becoming an officer....yeah? To develop a sense of security....?

To develop a sense of security requires a sense of detachment. The two go hand in hand (like handcuffs). To feel safe in the world in any situation requires possessing an inner sense of security (mental and emotional fortitude). It is to become aware of the absence of threats to one's nature; immediate environment; and well being within the present moment as it arises; yet remain equally aware of the absence of fear if any of those threats were to arise.

My personal thoughts about "feeling" safe is that it is simply a construct of mind, it is an inner state of being and should not be compromised by any external influences including the world around me. In other words: it's called having Balls....

Your thought process is twisted and contradictory. Let me explain using your own words:

Treat humans like humans, respect others to get respect,

+

A fat little Mexican prick of a cop stopped me and asked for my id.

+

and be nice whenever possible. It really does work.

+

I was in the wrong,but was very polite.

+

He was a condescending little prick and had my truck towed to impound.

Treat humans like humans, respect others to get respect, and be nice whenever possible. It really does work.

Let that marinate....

edit on 28-7-2015 by Involutionist because: my grammar and punctuation sucks!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

So, let me get this straight.. What you are saying is essentially this: Do everything a cop tells you without question and he will be nice to you, and if for some reason he up and decides to kill you, well shucks i guess you got one of the bad ones sucks to be you, but you cant blame police even though you were just killed BY THE EFFIN' POLICE who are inevitably about to cook up a story to make this trigger happy cowboy look like a hero.

That's.. Spineless. I would be nothing short of ashamed of someone i knew for thinking like that. Go stand in the corner.
No?..
*puts on his badge*
How about now?

edit on 29-7-2015 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

I've never, throughout my entire time as a waiter (all through high school and college) seen a waiter spit in, or do anything gross, to someone's food. I have seen a cop beat the # out of a black guy for "mouthing off", however, and I've only been arrested a few times.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
"The cop acts like an ass so i am also going to act like an ass"...

WTF is with the 3rd grade kindergarten mentality on this thread. How hard is it to simply be polite ?
edit on 29-7-2015 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Ah man....i wish i could bend over as easily as you,i could just pull down my pants and submit,hey i could even keep a bottle of lube in my pocket for emergencies......

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

"The cop acts like an ass so i am also going to act like an ass"...

WTF is with the 3rd grade kindergarten mentality on this thread. How hard is it to simply be polite ?

Are you referring to the police not leading by example and being impolite and the civilian mirroring the officer's actions? There are times the officer is being polite and the civilian in question is the one being impolite. Sometimes the civilian is the one being polite and the officer is the one who is acting impolite. The OP clearly admitted that there are cases when people are polite the officer is still is impolite. I agree, it is very childish to go tit for tat.

Most people understand being polite is usually the way to go but, the point is, polite behaviour is not always reciprocated as the OP unconsciously admitted to in his subsequent post. I explained it in my previous comment to the OP (can't wait to see him push back the goal post on that). Here let me explain:

NetworkDude stated:

Treat humans like humans, respect others to get respect, and be nice whenever possible. It really does work.

Of course he was referring to police/civilian interactions: Treat the police with respect is what he is stating and all will go smoothly.

...but then admits by detailing his personal experience that respect others to get respect...It really does work is not always case:

I was in the wrong,but was very polite.

Please note the fact he stated he was polite to the officer.

Then he goes on to state:

He was a condescending little prick and had my truck towed to impound.

Forget the truck towing part. To be fair, he did admit he was in the wrong. But pay attention to how he described the officer's response to his politeness.

Notice how his politeness to the officer was NOT reciprocated? The officer was "a condescending little prick" despite the respect he gave the officer.

Therefore, is his following statement true?

edit on 29-7-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Johnwick and Charlie in second and third post took you to school

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

One problem that I have with police officers is that there is not national standards and qualifications for them. The states decide that.
I honestly think that the cops that have to resort to using unnecessary intimidation, rudeness, scare tactics, etc., are the ones that have a mental disorder. Specifically, anger and control disorders. As much as you like to defend them, it is widely known that that most (not all) of the states have extremely low qualifications to become a police officer. This is where the problem starts. In my state, police academy is 10 weeks of training. That's laughable considering the enormous amount of power they are able to have and abuse. A piece of my paycheck goes into theirs, not the other way around. If a piece of my paycheck is supporting you, then I would like for you to show me some respect. It's ridiculous the mentality police officers have, especially with low-ball traffic violations. Do you get fined when you speed for no reason in your cop car, run stop signs, run street lights, etc.? No. So, why is it okay for them to get the slightest attitude with me if I question them about a ridiculous pull over? Oh wait, I forgot, there is a quota to meet and the pig has to be fed. Fact is, police treat citizens like they are one of the prisoners back at the station. Leave the attitude at home, and show some respect to the citizens that are responsible for the bread you put on the table. Ever wonder why there's never any beef about firemen? Because they are actually serving their community like they signed up to do. Example-I would rather walk an extra mile to a fire station to ask for help with unlocking my car, than ask a police officer right next to me for fear he/she will just look for an excuse to slap a fine or arrest me.
edit on 29-7-2015 by M4ngo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: M4ngo

One problem that I have with police officers is that there is not national standards and qualifications for them. The states decide that.

You would rather have a federal police force? Sort of unconstitutional, no?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No, not a federal police force. Nationally recognized standards and qualifications. There are all sorts of national standards for professionals out there. Would it be acceptable for someone to be able to become a doctor in 10 weeks in one state, and it take 4 years plus a residency in another?
Edited to say: I think there are better solutions to the problem than the current makeup. Regardless of what state you are a police officer in, they all abuse their power in the same ways all across the country. It was just something that jumped into my mind. I have other alternatives I think about, like requiring police officers to have at least a masters degree with 2-3 years of training, intense psychiatric evaluations, and having to be elected by the people for example.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Would it be acceptable for someone to be able to become a doctor in 10 weeks in one state, and it take 4 years plus a residency in another?

10 weeks? Probably not.
What are the federal standards for a medical license?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Exactly. It is not acceptable, nor even allowed. To be a physician you have to go to medical school, and then at least one year of post graduate training to be able to practice and even that isn't good enough for some places. The point is, some states allow one to become a police officer in 10 weeks, some require several months. But they all hold the same title. Get it?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Oh, I thought you meant 10 weeks to get a medical license.

But they all hold the same title. Get it?

Sort of.
States rights? Or more specific when applied to police departments, city rights?
edit on 7/29/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/29/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

But remember, that cop is just as human as you, and has the same freedom of choice in how he deals with you.

No he doesn't. Their job description doesn't include "acting like an ass" as you put it.

Their job is to remain professional at all times. Something you seem to have overlooked, claiming its their "freedom of choice" to act just like the "asses" they meet on duty.

Not okay for the public but okay for the cops… got it.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Point taken. Screening those bullies that want to become cops to bully people, I'm all for that.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Not sure how you are confused by this. Every state has their own standards, qualifications, and lengths of training to become a police officer. Someone in New York will have to meet higher standards, qualifications, and a longer trainer program to complete, while another state might only require a ridiculous bare minimum of standards/qualifications, and only require around 10 weeks of training to become a police officer. Just look it up.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Not sure how you are confused by this.

I'm not confused. Except about why you brought up medical licensing.

Every state has their own standards, qualifications, and lengths of training to become a police officer.

So, you don't believe in home rule? You favor the federal government control of everything? We'll have to work on the Constitution to fix that, I guess.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join