It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stopped by a cop? Act like an ass. After all, it's your "right".

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Yea, well I never jumped on the band wagon nor understood the sentiment of policing my own citizens aye,the two are completely different !

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Exactly! The two are completely different. And yes, I recognize there's a problem in the LEO community. Too little accountability and too many people riding that thin blue line. I also recognize that yes, my experience with the police probably has a lot to do with my gender. Not that I agree with that, I believe I should be treated just the same as when they pull over a man, but I understand the biases and know that my gender likely played a role in me getting off easy a lot of the time.

But I still the believe in the spirit of the OP. If you treat people with respect, generally respect is offered back. Too often I see people saying "Respect is earned, not given." And yes, that is generally true. But respect is also a two-way street. If you want people to respect you, generally you offer respect as well.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

We are basically on the same page, I don't have any problem with what you said or outlined , I do believe that at times no matter which disposition you take the officer is trying to escalate to lead to an arrest or worse (your public execution) anyway fair enough be nice to people I can roll with that, and I try to do so throughout my everyday life. as far as me in the law are concerned I'll stay away from them and they need to stay away from me.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

We can agree with each on most of it, then. Though I do wonder why you would think a cop makes a stop with intent to arrest or harass. Arresting someone means a TON of paperwork and lost time, and harassing someone could get you shot. If I were a cop, I'd rather think I'd like to avoid either of those outcomes unless totally necessary. But, that's just me.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Arrests and felony arrest are resume builders for the over achieving go getting cop with dreams of being a detective one day and living in suburbia with his old lady ect .its experience and there's evidence for both sides we are to draw conclusions, and we can only draw conclusions from experience, or others experience as well.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

That's fair, sure. Though if I were a cop I'd be trying to make sure the arrests I make actually lead to convictions if I wanted to build my resume. If I'm just arresting people willy-nilly on trumped up crap, I'd imagine a fair number of those arrests would lead to charges being dismissed.

We'll probably just have to agree to disagree here. No disrespect intended, of course! You speak earnestly and from the heart, without shooting from the hip. I respect that a lot.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Indeed SR I don't have nothing but respect for you and enjoy your content and contribution here. Have a good day sweetheart

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I keep seeing this type of attitude displayed. "I have the right to act anyway I want!!"
And amazingly enough, when you act like an ass to a cop, .......he becomes a dick. Just....like.....magic.

Being a dick and beating the crap out of someone or killing someone are different things. And lets stop acting like people "act any way they want" when they're assaulted by police. It can be as subtle as "a wrong look" in their direction. Or, as this Supreme Court Judge found out:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I guess he was "asking for it".

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

It wasn't an idea. Also, there wasn't a process. It was an instinct or first thought. Emotional? Sorry, you have no idea how I "feel" and you never will. Do you have a source for your all knowing thought process on how I feel? If so, let's see it. I'll be waiting patiently.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join