It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stopped by a cop? Act like an ass. After all, it's your "right".

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Always been nice to cops. Get pulled over, start with a "hello how are you?"

They're just there to do a job like any of us, dealing with the public. Pretty much never had any issues with the Police, in fact when some drug addict decided to try and clean out my business, they were fantastic, very professional and great to deal with.

Watched a guy recently knowingly driving an unregistered car, got caught and proceeded to abuse the cop, going as far as smashing up his own car and daring the cop to defect him.

It happened. Car defected. He then had the nerve to say it was the copper's fault as the car was only a couple days out of rego and he couldn't understand why they he wasn't more lenient.

Duh.

I always have a saying, and it applies to any dealings with public figures.

If you want good customer service, be a good customer... Simple really.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Ok, but I did not quote a sentence missing text, like you just did, which is rather a salient difference.

But yeah, cheap shot, I still read your post the same but I apologize.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

You know (or don't, now you do), it really doesn't work out well without differentiating between job and private live. If I would've been an ass to every customer who mos def behaved like one, I wouldn't have survived long enough to see the finish line after my first month in business.
I never respected most of them highly but I did my job regardless. Self-respect is hard to be found nowadays, innit?

Sometimes...it depends on how cocky one is and why they are being that way. Is it calculated and deliberate or is it unconscious? Is one playing into ego and conscious of it? Stuff like that I weigh out in intimate ways.

I personally see people for what they are...people. For instance, when I look at an officer, which is only a label (and I do in my mind unconsciously place people into boxes and therefore have to remind myself to be conscious that is so,) I see a man or woman performing a function. I see somebody's father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister who breathes the same air as me and wants to experience the most fulfilling life imaginable-the true currency of life --- I see myself in them and therefore I have empathy and compassion (but not always - I can be a prick at times when I lose myself). That is who I'm speaking to when interacting with them at a traffic stop-a human being. I'm not intimidated or have any fear of anyone because of that. Police sense that with me I believe. I talk to them like I would anybody-with respect. I don't care about labels or status. I sat beside Matthew Mcconaughey at a bar here Toronto for a whole two hours, did not give a f# about his celebrity status, or was interesting in speaking with him. Just a quick 'hello' in response to his hello as he sat down at the stool beside me (as I always do no matter who it is) and sipped my pint in silence as I went about my business. However, I did want to know where he got that crisp white Egyptian cotton shirt tho. Dude looked like a million bucks.

it really doesn't work out well without differentiating between job and private live.

I feel you. I really feel for police. I have friend who is an officer and his daughter is not well (cancer). This man MUST leave his personal life at home as he performs his very difficult job function and sometimes deal with ignorant people and stressful situations in his day as the true currency of life is being silently torn away from him on the homefront. A police officer's job is one of the toughest jobs to perform in society. I have much respect for the police. The irony of this situation and your comment is this story: I called him up one day and said, "Brother, I got tickets to see Kanye, let's go man, clear your head for a moment, and take a break from it all". So, here we are at the concert and Kanye goes and stops the show to go on rant about what is irking him in his rockstar life -unreal! I turned and looked at my friend who was standing there in silence (I can see his mind was somewhere else...) and thought to myself: Here I am standing next to a man who performs a very difficult job for living, his three year old angel has terminal cancer, he's here to get his mind of s#, and now he has to stand here and watch a man on stage rant about trivial s# about paparazzi .

Kanye and people like him need to leave their troubles at home. Every single soul on this planet has a story. 95% of the people I encounter are GOOD hearts and sometimes, we each have our days. Compassion and empathy is what most people possess and this is why I found the OP ridiculous due the fact he truly believes most people are not polite to the police and was simply performing a social service by posting this thread.

Btw, I know what work is. It is what got me here....along with imagination and faith.

Off to eat some breakfast, have a wonderful week!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ExternalForces

Being alive and having thoughts every day is work.

Being alive is effortless. Having compulsive thoughts all day is sign of mental disorder. That was not a dig, that is straight fact.

So you think just because we sit on our ass (pardon my french) and study beyond any reasonable doubt isn't work?

First off, where did you get that idea? I really look forward to you quoting my words that allowed this thought process to arise within you.

You think the corporate big guys don't work?

Oh, I know for a fact corporate big guys work....it is what they are paid big bucks to do. Let me give you a glimpse into my world. My neighbour across the street is a corporate big guy. He sets his alarm clock at certain time each morning because that is the time dictated that he must awaken in order to get on with his daily functions. He then has a car come pick him up to take him to work. He gives up his freedom, time and energy for a few hours per day in order to make a $. In other words-he's a daily commuter. I don't care if someone makes 4 million $ yearly salary or 40 000$ per/yr salary. They are both the same within my eyes: hard workers. I do not envy them at all.

Basically what I'm trying to convey is: there is levels to s#! and that corporate big guy is not on my level.... I have always been a hustler with a very keen eye.

They're out there trying to keep this ungrateful society from becoming more dangerous than it already is.

I assume by "they" you are referring to the police and "this ungrateful society" as American society? I'm Canadian, and our society is very grateful, loving, accepting and PROUD of our police. I have mentioned a few times in this very thread that the average salary for an everyday Toronto constable is $100 000 + salary/yr. Most top out at around $115 000/yr and deserve every god damn penny of those tax dollars used to do so! I also mentioned in my very first post in this thread how much I respect police....

Yet, you have the nerve to sit here and say that you are "schooling" someone? Do you know how ignorant you sound just by saying that?

I would label it "arrogant" instead of ignorant. I was being extremely arrogant...and calculated... when stating that.

The irony of that above statement is YOU are the one who is being ignorant (and emotional). Let me explain:

You should read through this in entire thread concerning my interaction with NetworkDude and connect the dots to how I arrived at my last comment which you "reacted" to. I did school his ignorant bigoted a$$. My compassion and empathy goes out the window when dealing with the ignoramus who are at age should not be having the thoughts he is having AND typing them out in public.

Again, there is levels to this sth....

Bandage that knee up!

Now, I'm off to eat breakfast. You are lucky. My brain does not function well on an empty stomach. I "feel" you....literally. Swing by the metaphysics forum every now and then, I might one day show you somethings to reach a higher level...both within and without.

edit on 30-7-2015 by Involutionist because: grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
You know what I see when I look at them, a C.L.E.O. Corrupt Legislation Enforcement Object. *In my best robot voice* generate revenue, generate revenue. I've said as much and their response was that was clever and they didn't like the robot voice but I was already in cuffs so no loss to me.

They also looked shocked when I said that I don't think they are bad people but rather mislead and brain washed in a way that was obviously irreversible. That is when they said ok that is enough be quiet. Then when they found out they had to let me go because the warrant had been turned into a summons instead they were pissed boy, they just knew they were taking me to jail. Jokes on them, this is the best part though when they brought me back home I told them to enjoy their holiday's and I swear to god that almost made them blow a gasket. They very angrily and aggressively told me to enjoy mine as well. I walked in the house smiling.

a reply to: Involutionist

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

I see you, my friend.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Welcome to the modern day world, where people get a trophy for everything, even for taking a selfie.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Some people are just too stupid to realize there are consequences to their actions.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
You know what I see when I look at them, a C.L.E.O. Corrupt Legislation Enforcement Object. *In my best robot voice* generate revenue, generate revenue. I've said as much and their response was that was clever and they didn't like the robot voice but I was already in cuffs so no loss to me.

They also looked shocked when I said that I don't think they are bad people but rather mislead and brain washed in a way that was obviously irreversible. That is when they said ok that is enough be quiet. Then when they found out they had to let me go because the warrant had been turned into a summons instead they were pissed boy, they just knew they were taking me to jail. Jokes on them, this is the best part though when they brought me back home I told them to enjoy their holiday's and I swear to god that almost made them blow a gasket. They very angrily and aggressively told me to enjoy mine as well. I walked in the house smiling.

a reply to: Involutionist

Your obvious superiority is just amazing. I bow to your realization that you are better than others. We wont discuss how you managed to have a warrant, or summons out for you. That in no way takes away from your superiority.

lol

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 74Templar

Always been nice to cops. Get pulled over, start with a "hello how are you?"

They're just there to do a job like any of us, dealing with the public. Pretty much never had any issues with the Police, in fact when some drug addict decided to try and clean out my business, they were fantastic, very professional and great to deal with.

Watched a guy recently knowingly driving an unregistered car, got caught and proceeded to abuse the cop, going as far as smashing up his own car and daring the cop to defect him.

It happened. Car defected. He then had the nerve to say it was the copper's fault as the car was only a couple days out of rego and he couldn't understand why they he wasn't more lenient.

Duh.

I always have a saying, and it applies to any dealings with public figures.

If you want good customer service, be a good customer... Simple really.

You are absolutely right.

There is something disturbingly uncivilized about people who automatically adopt an asshatted aggressive attitude with the police and then complain when the same is returned to them from the police... I have heard people state proudly how they verbally spat at cops as if that makes them superior? Really? Most of these individuals are losers anyway. I am sorry the police have to deal with these #heads in the first place.
Makes me ashamed for the human race. There are bad people, there are bad cops, but lately it seems to be ok that people act badly but cops must accept the behavior with superhuman patiences.

I invoke Darwinism: If you are too stupid to not resist arrest, so stupid that you would try to run, so stupid that you chose to be an asshat, then perhaps your genes should be removed from the pool for the benefit of humankind.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

My neighbour across the street is a corporate big guy. He sets his alarm clock at certain time each morning because that is the time dictated that he must awaken in order to get on with his daily functions. He then has a car come pick him up to take him to work...

As if lower paid people don't do the same thing with the exception of driving them self to work.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I wonder if we are at the point where you could not stop for a cop and upon arrest [if you get arrested] make the case that you were in fear for your life thus would not stop for the police . Is this reasonable in this climate or is that exaggeratory and hyperbole?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me when people are pulled over, and throw out an attitude.

Then they proceed to act all indignant when the cop is terse.

Let me tell you, in ALL of my interactions with U.S. Police, I was polite, I smiled, I treated the cop like a HUMAN BEING. You know what happened? I wasn't pulled from the car and beaten, I wasn't tased, I wasn't arrested, my car wasn't impounded.

I got (most of the time) warnings, and a "thank you, m'am. Drive safe". I've had two tickets in my life. Both fully warranted, I was speeding for one, and was driving without headlights for another. (Yes I know, that was stupid. lol)

I remember one instance, I was pulled over for speeding. I was probably 9 over, I can't really remember. After everything was done the cop came to me and said "You know you're the nicest person I've dealt with today. I was going to write you a ticket but here's a warning."

I treat fast workers with the same respect. Hell, I treat my fellow HUMANS with the same respect. It's the easiest thing in the world to walk around with a chip on your shoulder and nasty attitude. What, to me, is the definition of a truly great person is how they treat their fellow man, even when they themselves have had a bad day.

Are there some cops who are just bullies and arsefaces? You bet. But why then stoop to their level and be an indignant little prick too?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I think we are nearing the point where a person can say that if a cop walks up with their hand on their pistol that they, the person, are in fear of their life.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Ok normally yes, however the climate is changing these guys are executed people in the street. I'm not saying this didn't happen before but now video is available and we get to watch something with very little context, regardless it is shaping the police there actions. Theoretically I should be nice to any person I encounter under normal circumstances but what warrants me being friendly to a jack ass setting up a speed trap or dock weeds pulling me over for the smallest infraction just hoping to bring a dollar in or bust a drug user. Tsk tsk, I have no respect for what they have become and what they up hold as a whole anymore, let me ask you what is the closest archetype of an American cop? Would it be the misunderstood hero? Or the tyrannical oppressor akin to the tax man?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I wonder if we are at the point where you could not stop for a cop and upon arrest [if you get arrested] make the case that you were in fear for your life thus would not stop for the police . Is this reasonable in this climate or is that exaggeratory and hyperbole?

If I hadn't learned about the campus cops jurisdiction from the recent threads about the killing in Cincinnati, had I drove through that area and been pursued by a campus cop, I believe I would have drove to a police station and let him follow me. I had no idea they could do anything outside of their campus.

I have heard if you question who is pulling you, call 911 and let them direct you to a safe pull over spot. (I'd want one with lots of witnesses)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

The archetype for a typical cop? Probably a guy who wanted to serve his community and joined with dreams of being a hero and instead sits in a car behind a road sign handing out citations or breaks up fighting couples.

Tell me, if the cop you talk about that pulls you over for the slightest infraction is in wrong, who so? It was you who committed the infraction, whether it be a broken tail-light, speeding, no tags, etc. I remember one time I had JUST bought a car and it didn't come with the front license plate bracket, which is mandatory in Texas. I mounted the plate on the back and just kinda stuck the front plate in my windshield and hoped that would be enough while I waited for the bracket to arrive. I gotta tell you, I'd never been pulled over so much in my life. But you know what I had on me? The receipt from the auto shop saying I'd ordered a bracket. I showed it to each cop and they just smiled at me and let me on my way after running my insurance. Easy cheesy!

I understand, it's horribly inconvenient to be pulled over. But they're just doing a job. Do you really, honestly think a cop WANTS to just spend his career handing out citations?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

No hardly it appears to me they generally want to be super Herod and swat team members , when they couldn't make it one day in the infantry I was in.. I live in Texas and I understand your experience with police was hippy dippidy not everyone shares the same experience and at this point escalation is the Default procedure and little infractions are used as justification for this extreme tyrannical behavior... Meh it's sillyness let's see where this all go's from here time will tell.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
I'm not saying this didn't happen before but now video is available and we get to watch something with very little context, regardless it is shaping the police there actions.

I think that is the major driving factor in all this. Videos and you tube. We all heard the horror stories of someone's cousins brother who was abused by a cop long ago, but unless it happened to you, it was ignored. Now, when you have a bad cop doing something bad, he is likely to be on camera. So this is highlighting a more serious problem that has existed, but wasn't out in the open.

I just hope people come to their senses and find a way to understand math better.

number of videos of bad cops divided by the number of cops total= percentage of bad cops known. (hint, it's a very small number)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

You do know that a good percentage of police officers are former military right? Maybe that's part of the issue. Too many soldiers are taking their military training with them into the police force, when the two couldn't be more different.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join