It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cecil" the Lion Hunted and Killed

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Flown at least twice, but would not now, even if tickets are cheaper.

Very glad US Airlines have banned the trophy hunting cargo.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Cool. Personally I fly with whomever it will cost me the least except when it is on the company dime and then it is with who they approve.

I am too poor to have an abundance of choices. BTW USAirlines in my experience has usually been a bit more expensive.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: victor7
a reply to: Annee

Please do not exaggerate and twist facts to make a case for illegal hunting in Africa.

There are no lions, tigers or wolves selling soda pop in kiosks in the African towns.

On the contrary, few friends went to safari near Zambia and Zimbabwe border and even after driving around for 4 hours all they could encounter were deers, chimps and some wild cows.

It seems there are no lions or tigers or Rhinos and other exotics found in safaris easily.

So, you don't think some people in Africa share the same space as wild animals?

You don't think some people in Africa fear their children will be harmed by wild animals.

Locals in Africa feel the same way about lions as locals in America feel about wild life in their area.

That made me smile. American wildlife. Lets see... very rare grizzly attacks, even in yellowstone. Wild dogs roaming Detroit. Maybe a rattler bite out west. I struggle to draw the analogy presented.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: victor7
a reply to: Annee

Please do not exaggerate and twist facts to make a case for illegal hunting in Africa.

There are no lions, tigers or wolves selling soda pop in kiosks in the African towns.

On the contrary, few friends went to safari near Zambia and Zimbabwe border and even after driving around for 4 hours all they could encounter were deers, chimps and some wild cows.

It seems there are no lions or tigers or Rhinos and other exotics found in safaris easily.

So, you don't think some people in Africa share the same space as wild animals?

You don't think some people in Africa fear their children will be harmed by wild animals.

Locals in Africa feel the same way about lions as locals in America feel about wild life in their area.

That made me smile. American wildlife. Lets see... very rare grizzly attacks, even in yellowstone. Wild dogs roaming Detroit. Maybe a rattler bite out west. I struggle to draw the analogy presented.

Because most people think differently about that.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I searched and didn't find an update so...
Today:

The environment minister had previously called for Mr Palmer to be extradited and face prosecution. However, it appears that Mr Palmer broke no laws when he killed the lion using a bow and arrow.

Zimbabwe's Environment Minister Oppah Muchinguri said he could not be charged as all his "papers were in order".

He always professed his innocence as far as "a legal kill".
I do believe his life and business suffered tremendously as a result of his actions...

BBC Link

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Wildlife hunting, which earned US$45 million (S$63.16 million) in 2014, is an important source of money for Zimbabwe, which is still recovering from a catastrophic recession between 1999-2008. What you get when you have idiots and corrupted govt.

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join