It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cecil" the Lion Hunted and Killed

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: Dragoon01

Hunting And trophy killing are two different things. I have nothing against hunting for good but this trophy thing ridiculous.

What difference does it make as long as everything goes somewhere?

Legitimate trophy hunters aren't going to cut the head off and leave the carcass.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

There's no reason to kill an endangered species. There's plenty of other game to choose from; some if not most should be off limits.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

There's no reason to kill an endangered species. There's plenty of other game to choose from; some if not most should be off limits.

Actually there are reasons. Awareness, money, etc. You need to read some of the links provided in this thread.

But, it has to be legitimate and it has to be done right.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I don't agree with it but the game hunting in Africa is actually good for many species.
www.environmentmagazine.org...

If some of you will take the time to read this long article and actually see the facts then you will understand. Take emotion out of it.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Conservation of lions would go a lot better if the countries involved passed better regulations.

Such as:

Make luring lions illegal currently it isn't.

Make it to where killing collared lions is illegal currently it isn't.

What made killing Cecil illegal was because he was shot in an area not assigned a lion quota.

The information and recommendations comes from a lion conservation group.

- See more at: www.lionaid.org...
edit on 30-7-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

why does everyone assume the'ye the only one who reads?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
TPTB could tell you ANYTHING, and you'll believe it. jajajajajajaja Doesn't that make you naive? Come on, people. Don't we have REAL ISSUES to deal with??? Are we still on the "National Enquirer" level????

Y'all know Cecil, but how many of your NEIGHBORS do you know by name?????

Sad, sad place earth is becoming. Sad, sad place. Our priorities are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JuJuBee
TPTB could tell you ANYTHING, and you'll believe it. jajajajajajaja Doesn't that make you naive? Come on, people. Don't we have REAL ISSUES to deal with??? Are we still on the "National Enquirer" level????

Sad, sad place earth is becoming. Sad, sad place. Our priorities are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there.

I find comments like this irritating. Who says other priorities aren't met? All this is, is just another example of the lack of tolerance people have for the idiot system we're adhered to. Cecil is the corner stone for people to voice their frustrations. From bad cops to poaching and everything in between. This isn't just about Cecil, it's about everything. Step away from the computer.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I find comments like this irritating.

Doesn't seem to matter the subject matter with this one.

Shock value seems to be the game.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: HumanPLC
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

From the OP's article

Zimbabwe National Parks confirmed the charges. “In this case, both the professional hunter and land owner had no permit or quota to justify the offtake of the lion and therefore are liable for the illegal hunt,

He was illegaly hunted! It seems that it was you that did not read the article my friend

Can you now answer the points in my other reply.

Are you going to come back to the thread? Or just continue hiding because you have been proven wrong?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
It seems that mister Walter Palmer is no stranger to illegal hunting.

Dentist Walter Palmer has US felony record for illegal hunting

On September 30 2006, Palmer with the assistance of Chad Barth, Trent Waggoner, and others hunted and killed a black bear in Phillips in Price County, Wisconsin, at a location in Zone A, approximately 40 miles outside of sub zone A1." The records state that after learning it was an illegal kill, Palmer, and the others agreed they would claim the bear had been killed off Taylor Lake Road, south of Mining, within the permitted zone. Their deception involved moving the carcass from the true kill site to a registration station in the correct sub zone. There Palmer also falsely filled out a registration stub, saying the bear had been killed nearby.

Walter palmer already has a history of illegal hunting, yet he says he thought his latest hunt was on the up and up. Why should a court believe him, when his criminal record says otherwise? Who knows how many other times he has participated in an illegal hunt, and gotten away with it.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: symphonyofblase

At 23 pages into the thread you are bringing that up again why?

If you are looking for a response to that info it will be the same as the other responses.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Bringing up what again?
I haven't read through this whole thread, so I assume you're referring to something that has already been posted.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

For every internet outrage there's an equal and opposite outrage about how we are not outraged at things that other people would rather we outrage against

Being aware and upset about Cecil doesn't make me any less aware and upset about any one of the very many things that there are to be upset or concerned about.
I'm blessed with the apparently quite rare ability to hold two independent thoughts in my head at the same time.

It's so annoying and patronizing for people to come into threads and tell us all what think.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

The assumption being that people can only hold one opinion about one thing for a specific period of time?

So, you believe that because people are (rightly) angry about the murder of an animal for sport, they can't possibly have any opinion on anything else?

And, FYI, I know all my neighbors by name, but even if I didn't I fail to see how this has any bearing at all on whether someone should be campaigning against an ignorant, arrogant, sadistic man who thinks murdering animals will compensate for his micro penis.
edit on 31-7-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

If you are looking for a response to that info it will be the same as the other responses.

I think its quite relevant seeing as many people here are defending him.

Extradite him and let the Zimbabwe courts work his innocence out.

The USA makes the rest of the world extradite to them on sometimes silly reason. Well whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Apparently Zimbabwe want him extradited and US may be open to it.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Some wackjob has 'contacted' Cecil in the afterlife.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I think its quite relevant seeing as many people here are defending him.

Extradite him and let the Zimbabwe courts work his innocence out.

The USA makes the rest of the world extradite to them on sometimes silly reason. Well whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Yeah I read on here that Zimbabwe wants him extradited except the US hasn't been contacted nor has the Embassador for Zimbabwe about t.

All the articles I looked up on it references Reuters as the source for the claim.

Here is that article and a snippet from it.

In Washington, a Zimbabwean diplomat said the embassy was not aware that extradition proceedings had been initiated by his government. Richard Chibuwe, deputy chief of the mission, said Zimbabwe takes the case very seriously and noted that two Zimbabwean men face court proceedings for helping Palmer.

On Wednesday, a Zimbabwean court charged local professional hunter Theo Bronkhorst with failing to prevent Palmer from unlawfully killing Cecil. reuters

Of course you know what the actual charge is right? I ask because there seems to be a lot of people that do not know, but have claimed many things that were not true.

Here is the charge

Cecil was shot in an area not assigned a lion quota. Supposedly the bait was set for a leopard and then Cecil came along. The professional hunter, Theo Bronkhorst told his client to shoot the lion, and then the hunt became illegal.
lionaid

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You mention others priorities while commenting on this subject that is posted on a internet conspiracy sight........Do you see the irony in your argument? Gotta love irony..........
edit on 31-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join